Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France 2014-2015 :Alpe d'Huez, Oz, Vaujany, Villard, Auris

Poster: A snowHead
Starting the new thread for the coming season. Snow is forecast for beginning of next week. Looks like Winter is starting. Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Got our passes and gonna try and get out for a cheeky early season weekend Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Any sign of any snow in alpe dhuez? Reports seem to say yes but webcams are disagreeing!!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Judging by the village pics I've just seen on Facebook it appears there's been a sprinkling.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
looks like quite a lot higher up. I think the rain/snow line is fairly high at this stage in the storm
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bit snowy tonight according to my friend out there.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There seems to have been a pretty big dump of snow in Chamrousse :- http://www.chamrousse.com/webcams.html

Let's hope that it lasts.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Our first snow in Bourg D'Oisans today. Not very much but it's great seeing all the white mountains Smile Should be pretty decent in resort Smile
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Open this weekend for skiing Very Happy

Too busy to go, too much work to do Sad

http://www.alpedhuez.com/fr/hiver/ski/ouverture-anticipee.html
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@skitow, Likewise, they've, even opened the Poutran lift up from Oz, looked like a bluebird day yesterday Sad
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Anybody able to give an update as to how the place was looking?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi, could anyone let me know which is the nearest ski hire shop to Hôtel-spa Royal Ours Blanc? It's on Avenue des Jeux. Thanks
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@retep, IIRC there is a little shopping arcade under the hotel which used to have hire shops.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Many thanks for your help.
snow report
At Les Bergers the snow wasn't that great with a mixture of mud and snow. Some people were skiing down so it must have been a bit better further up.
ski holidays
I am considering the Royal Ours Blanc in Jan and was wondering how the Ski bus works out from there. Is it frequent and reliable?
I normally only book slope side accommodation as i can't stand the faff but quite fancy this hotel due to its central location.
how about the return, does the village piste pass the rear of the hotel?
snow conditions
@Corduroy, I wouldn't bother with the bus, take the lift (bucket or two way from bottom of the toboggan run).
ski holidays
A lot colder today, been raining down here in Bourg so hopefully snowing up the mountain.
latest report
Was told by friends in Oz today that the glacier runs accessed by Marmottes 1,2 & 3 are fine but busy. Marmottes 2 down to top of 1 is open with a few stones but no snow at all below Folie Douce. Pic Blanc lift undergoing emergency repairs having been "struck by lightning" so DMC remains closed for now. No lifts out of Oz scehduled to run until 13th.
ski holidays
The Alpe has been covered by cloud all day so can't really tell. Snowing on the way up to LDA tonight.
snow report
Woke up to a dusting in Bourg but at least the mountains all look white! Getting there!
latest report
@howiet, snowHead
ski holidays
A piste basher has been spotted on the webcam in Chamrousse this morning Very Happy
snow conditions
Any snow cannon action yet? We are off to Oz on Friday. snowHead
ski holidays
@Fenfilly, Snow cannons have been running apparently, snow overnight last night so fingers crossed for 13th snowHead
latest report
They don't appear to need them at Chamrousse @Fenfilly. There appears to have been a decent dump overnight. Oz isn't too far away so hopefully the same there Little Angel
latest report
Bizarre this morning. There was more snow at Livet and Gavet than Bourg D'Oisans!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Nick D, @Joy Zipper, Good news! Thanks! Very Happy
ski holidays
Well if the webcams are showing live pics then looks like a decent number of skiers at the top of marmottes 3 and the snow cannons operating at bergers 1800m.
ski holidays
We are going 28th December and looking at longer term forecast which suggests a warm patch around Christmas...inclinded to not belive this sort of forecast but interested to know how they can forecast that far ahead with any degree of certainty. First time in Alpe Duez for us...looking forward to it. looks like more snow this weekend.
snow report
The forecast seems to change every day for Saturday. Who knows what will fall from the sky!
snow report
I'm hopeful that something cold will fall from the sky at the weekend (most sites seem to agree on this and we are getting closer now so forecast should be firming up). Anyone's guess how much it will be!
snow conditions
Favourite or most reliable snow/ weather sites you all use?
ski holidays
I'm mainly checking snowforecast (I like being able to see how the forecast varies by altitude) and j2ski. J2ski seems ambitious to me, snowforecast more pessimistic. Last year at the end of the season in Lech it predicted lots of rain when what we actually got was much needed snow (quite a bit).

The only particularly reliable ones are the localised ones like cham meteo. Not sure what the equivalent is for this area.
latest report
Thanks...I get a weekly email from J2Ski but will check out the others ones
snow report
From bulletin neige, france meteo

http://www.meteofrance.com/previsions-meteo-montagne/bulletin-avalanches/isere/avdept38

TENDANCE POUR LES PROCHAINS JOURS :
PETITE NEIGE EN ALTITUDE, PUIS UN COUP DE FOEHN VENDREDI SOIR...
A partir de mercredi un redoux relatif s'amorce en journée. En moyenne montagne la petite couche de neige se tasse ou fond. Entre mercredi soir et jeudi le temps est souvent couvert avec de faibles chutes de neige au dessus de 1500 à 1800m : 5 à 10 cm en moyenne, voire 15 cm en Belledonne.
Sur les crêtes le vent de Nord-ouest peut former de petites plaques.
Vendredi après-midi le vent de Sud va se lever et devenir tempéteux dans la nuit, samedi matin...
Avec un isotherme 0°C vers 2700m, les sols seront souvent dégarnis. Il ne restera plus que de petites congères sur nos alpages (sous 2300)...
Samedi soir et dimanche des perturbations neigeuses sont possibles en moyenne montagne, à confirmer.

Cette information sera renouvelée le jeud 11 ou vendredi 12 décembre
snow conditions
rough translation:

light snow at altitude, then a foehn wind Friday night.

light snowfall at mid-mountain, between wed night and Thursday flurries of snow starting at 1500m to 1800m, averaging 5 to 10 cm. on ridges the northwest wind will form icy patches.

from Friday afternoon the south wind will pick up and become strong/stormy. freezing level rising to 2700m (?)

Snow at mid-mountain possible from Saturday night and sunday, to be confirmed.
snow report
Freezing level at 2700 m seems very high. Meteoexploration has a freezing level of 1938 m on Saturday.
snow report
To me too. It says literally that the 0C isotherm will be around 2700m - an effect of the foehn - I agree it does seem high.

I'm optimistic, the skies are clouding over and I think there'll be intermittent snow over the next few days. Hopefully something more at the weekend.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy