Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France 2014-2015 :Alpe d'Huez, Oz, Vaujany, Villard, Auris

Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys, just found out today that my trip to La Rosiere on the 13th has been cancelled due to the lift operators pushing back to the 20th...I've been moved (with no say in the matter, thanks Skiworld) to ADH. Is anyone on the ground there who can confirm what lifts and runs are open?.... All information online through more official channels seems quite vague.

Thanks, W

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 10-12-14 20:04; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've got the ADH app on my phone, and according to that Cristalliere, Herpie, Boulevard des Marmottes, Hermine, Lievre Blanc, Promontoire, Clocher de Macle, and Glacier are scheduled to open tomorrow. I'm not on the ground though, but I will be come Saturday!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ok cheers, I'll download that app. And then try to resist looking at it every 5 minutes between now and Saturday!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yeah. Good luck with that! wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nothing much for the weekend.

Vendredi après-midi et samedi le vent de Sud-Ouest va se lever et devenir très fort en altitude (60 à 80 km/h vers 3000m), chassant encore un peu de poudreuse des sommets. Quelques nouvelles plaques fragiles peuvent se former...
L'isotherme 0°C remonte entre 2200 et 2700m et la neige va se tasser ou fondre sous 2000m environ.
Dimanche, le vent s'atténue et le ciel sera plus dégagé. L'isotherme 0°C évolue vers 2100m. Le petit manteau neigeux en place sera sans doute durci par le regel ou très travaillé par le vent. Vigilance encore dans les pentes froides de haute montagne (risque de rupture de plaque au passage de skieur).

Cette information sera renouvelée le lundi 15 décembre00000000
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Partial opening of Chamrousse tomorrow. 3 lifts and 5 pistes. 13 Euro. Looking at the webcam the whole mountain is white.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@howiet, oh hurrah, strong south winds, just the ticket. Not. Twisted Evil
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
How are things looking out there (to anyone on the ground) ? Webcams look incredibly depressing - and that`s before the predicted rise in temp...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm watching this closely from the UK as we're heading out to Chamrousse on Saturday morning. Although the snow there is patchy (with only 3 lifts open) there are people skiing down at 1650.

A reasonable dump is forecast for Wednesday night/Thursday morning (25 cm) and hopefully this will enable skiing this weekend.

We aren't booked as a package so failing that we might have to drive to Val Thorens instead.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
On the plus side, all of these places are still better than Hemel!

Interested in hearing current conditions too as we're staying in l2a from 20th and looking to ski a few other places if area is so limited everywhere. I wonder how Serre Chevalier is doing (or other stations in the Grand Galaxie), there aren't direct buses from adh/l2a to these other resorts as far as I'm aware but for a single day I'm wondering if it could be worth organising a big taxi/minibus to ski some alternative congested runs Wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Oh, apparently Crystal does a day coach from l2a to SC - maybe the same from ADH?

If it doesn't snow again it'll be congested and either scraped or slush everywhere, but at least the scenery will be different. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Joy Zipper wrote:
I'm watching this closely from the UK as we're heading out to Chamrousse on Saturday morning. Although the snow there is patchy (with only 3 lifts open) there are people skiing down at 1650.

A reasonable dump is forecast for Wednesday night/Thursday morning (25 cm) and hopefully this will enable skiing this weekend.

We aren't booked as a package so failing that we might have to drive to Val Thorens instead.

Who/what is forecasting 25 cm ? Even the ever optimistic Snowforecast is only suggesting 3 cm - and an equally paltry amount for ADH. Crying or Very sad
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
It must be meteoexploration. http://www.meteoexploration.com/mountain/getweather.php?code=ME01000&lang=&si=Metric

It seems likely that it will snow Weds night, what is less certain is how much and the extent to which it will rain at lower altitudes the next day, washing the snow away...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
http://www.meteoexploration.com/mountain/getweather.php?code=ME01000&lang=&si=Metric

my new favourite site...
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
This one is made for grizzled mountain men so it must be accurate, right? Toofy Grin

(or just overly cautious as you don't wanna be caught out by a zero visibility snowstorm when touring)
snow conditions
jonty wrote:
http://www.meteoexploration.com/mountain/getweather.php?code=ME01000&lang=&si=Metric

my new favourite site...

That's the one ! Very Happy
snow report
Now at 29 cm on Wed night, with another 13 cm on Thursday. A much better start to my day than Snowforecast. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Looking at the webcam, there was a dusting of snow last night in Chamrousse.

@jonty, The meteoexploration website seems to be updated twice daily, usually around 8-9 am and 8-9 pm. Fingers crossed that the dump tonight doesn't disappear from sight !
snow report
Hear hear !
ski holidays
It has been updated now @jonty, still showing 25 cm of snow at Chamrousse & 26 cm at Alpe d'Heuz today Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
Bergfex forecasting 9 cm + 3 cm over the next two days.

Snow forecast predicting 6 cm today.

Somewhere at the upper end of these three forecasts would be nice !
snow conditions
We spent yesterday afternoon skiing the Pic Blanc area, and it was glorious! Skiing lower down around the mid station area was ok, but there are definitely rocky places springing up on some posted. From the mid station down to Alpe D'Huez looks very sad indeed, and Les Jeux lift was closed yesterday.
snow report
Quick update. It has been snowing since lunchtime. We've had about 3 cm in Oz. The Huz and Small Son are talking about loads of fresh powder at Pic Blanc and about 5 cm fresh snow around the mid station area. Now we just need it to stay cold! snowHead
snow report
@Fenfilly, Is it correct that the only access to Pic Blanc is currently from Marmottes 3? I heard that the Pic Blanc lift from the DMC was struck by lightning and was undergoing emergency repairs.
snow conditions
if the reports are correct the meteoexploration forecast turned out to be correct for yesterday/today.
snow report
How's ADH looking now? Did it get the forecast 25cm?

I'm looking to be there 3rd Jan... Staying at 1800` There is always the GLACIER!??
snow report
Oof.
latest report
Quote:

@Fenfilly, Is it correct that the only access to Pic Blanc is currently from Marmottes 3? I heard that the Pic Blanc lift from the DMC was struck by lightning and was undergoing emergency repairs.

Yes, that's right.

Well there has been a bit of a thaw/freeze situation, so conditions are pretty icy. There was a fair bit of rain around the mid station area yesterday.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

How's ADH looking now? Did it get the forecast 25cm?

Possibly 25cm at Pic Blanc, more like 10 - 15 in ADH itself, but it has rained since then, and it's pretty warm right now. Confused
ski holidays
Doesn't sound great but pretty good compared to others - at least we should have some skiing next week, otherwise I'll be out on the balcony with a beer, some tunes and my ski tuning bench which beats working Very Happy
snow report
We are here next week as well, and have no concerns about the amount of skiing. It will just be a bit busier, that is all! snowHead
snow report
@Fenfilly, I wonder if some of the local day skiers maybe won't bother to go, fingers crossed.
snow conditions
Arriving Saturday, how's it looking over there?
latest report
The pisteurs are doing a really good job keeping as many runs as possible open. The weather is glorious and ridiculously spring like. I think we are in for a really warm spell midweek. The pistes do get very icy (boo!), and very bumpy (yay!), but that's pretty much what you might expect.

I haven't been up to the Pic Blanc area for a couple of days, but it looks like the DMC has been fixed. We skied around the mid station area/Alpette yesterday afternoon and it was strangely quiet.

It doesn't look like there will be any snow this week, and as I say, a really warm spell is forecast, so we will see what we shall see. rolling eyes
ski holidays
Is this warm spell right across France or just the ADH region.?
snow report
@the saint,

Right across the Alps. Very mild in Austria and Switzerland for next couple of days.
snow report
@Fenfilly, weather same as in South Wales today. Too warm for December. V warm cycling in to work. Wished I'd worn shorts and T-shirt.
latest report
Took the in-laws up the cable car to l'alpette pizzeria(La Grange). When we got back to the car the temperature was 15 degrees!
ski holidays
We had a late lunch at La Grange yesterday. The sunshine was blissful! It's definitely colder today, and snow cannons were running in Oz this morning.
ski holidays
Forecast looking much better now with snow tomorrow... We arrive Sunday
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy