Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serre Chevalier 2013/2014 -webcams and reports

Poster: A snowHead
Guys, you shouldn't loose hope haha!! Stop worrying these companies which run the ski lifts need to make a profit, the only way they will do that is buy opening pistes with good snow conditions so they will do ALL they can to get the pistes in good conditions!! Freezing level is lowering meaning more snowmaking and grooming meaning better pistes besides you due for about 7cm on the 19th then again on the 26th!!

Stop panicing, get your skis out and enjoy the weather! Where would you rather be, in the rainy storm UK or in the beautiful alps!!

Accuweather is predicting snow also: http://www.accuweather.com/en/fr/serre-chevalier/100068_poi/december-weather/100068_poi
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Any local views on the forthcoming snow? FL looks a bit touch and go?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes 15cm* or so is really going to do the trick - what we need is a three to four day dump that will be 150 and not 15!

Can see canons going but not everywhere, was going to skin up the piste today but walked a little on the snow cannon snow at Monetier yesterday and it's concrete!

Another very cold night temps still at minus 5 as I type this, will go for a ride up to Lautaret when it warms up to zero !

* do hope I'm wrong

rolling eyes
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Things have changed again from the last forecast I looked at, and this is much better - and like I said on the previous page, it will snow around Christmas Day as I have a fair bit of driving to do !

Though on the way through Frejus I did buy a book of tickets as I can see me using that a fair bit this season rather than Lautaret.

latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Weathercam, FL could do with coming down a lot! Or are you resigned to the fact that skiing will have to be mid-station up? Please to see snow up top as there is no snow making there!!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
RetroBod, no probs if you look at the cam you'll see the pistes are all the way to the bottom, it's so damn cold and the sun is so low that it's not melting.

Just been looking at the actual charts and we in the South are in for more snow than the North but the weather fronts tracking across the Alps are so volatile that they could track 100km in either direction - wait and see, as we say in weather speak Toofy Grin
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
That's a nice surprise on the cams at serre ratier
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
That's a nice surprise on the cams at serre rather!!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
RetroBod, Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yes we've had all of a cm or two here in the valley which you can see on Serre Valley Cam rolling eyes

http://www.stylealtitude.com/serrechevalierweathercam.html

Let's now see what happens over the next 48hours !!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Weathercam, starting to look a little better.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hells Bells,

rjmm, it is possible that they will go via Grenoble and the Col du Lauteret to avoid the toll at the Tunnel de Frejus.

this is in fact the route they are taking, which doesnt work for me, the train journey is a long old slog from paris as you mentioned so i intend to fly to Turin and try and make my way from there, i have been in touch with the alpine transfer company, they tell me they will get back to me soon ?

just a thought if anyone is travelling from turin to SC on sat 22nd Feb and are interested in sharing a car please get in touch

Regards rjmm
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rjmm, friend of mine is coming out in Feb taking the train from Ashford, changing in Paris and taking the Paris, Lyon, Turin, Milan train which stops at Oulx
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Still no snow as yet Crying or Very sad

This avro skinned up to Aravet, bit of a baptism of fire for my OH skinning up Casse du Boeuf as damn steep and not easy as they had only flattened off one narrow route with the basher, the rest was very lumpy, mini death cookies.

After the steep section was a lot easier and bode well for the descent.

Coming back down had a "first" with two chamois crossing the piste in front of us, must be because no one is around, only issue was that the dogs were off, well at least one of then who saw them, luckily the nutter who would have given chase for a long time did not clock them, but then got the scent and was off, which was a wee bit nerve racking but after a while she came back.

Tomorrow might head over to LDA (depending on what we wake up to) as would be nice to get some skiing with lifts in before the Xmas punters arrive Laughing

ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
08:50 have passed on going over to LDA as thought it would be more or less a white out judging by cloud level here, which has now been confirmed by mates staying there.

Few flakes of snow every now and again but nothing to get too excited over Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
could you not harness those two to help you up the hill? wink
snow report
pam w, fist look at the picture and I thought he had!
snow report
stevew, yes, that's what prompted my comment. I saw a XC skier hitched up to a couple of dogs here last year - not on the XC tracks, that wouldn't be allowed, but on a general track. They all seemed to be having fun.
snow conditions
This was in the email sent out by Serre Chevalier TB yesterday....

Par ailleurs, les stations de la Grande Galaxie ont décidé de suspendre les accords dans l'immédiat. Nous ne manquerons pas de vous tenir informés.

Running it through Google Translate not much help

In addition, the stations of the Grande Galaxie decided to suspend the agreements immediately. We will certainly keep you informed.

My take on it is that with a season pass you get so many free days in Deux Alpes / ADH and a few others - with a weekly pass you get one free day, and that due to the dire snow conditions these agreements have been suspended as the other resorts who are probably fairing better don't want loads of Serre punters skiing next week in one of the busiest weeks of the year?
snow conditions
Weathercam, that is right.
ski holidays
Weathercam, reports from a reliable source in Monetier that it is snowing there.
snow report
Think we can now say it is snowing, though so light, but better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick - not even a dusting yet!

But we have faith, I think Puzzled
ski holidays
Weathercam, I always have faith.
snow report
On off, heavy with nice big flakes and then lighter again, begining to settle on the roads now (just back from Briancon), and all of 5 or 6mm on the patio
snow report
Midnight and snow still falling, if this was to continue for 36hrs would be good. But still only 20cms MAX at most I surmise, hopefully more up top!

Game plan is that we skin up piste tomorrow rather than go elsewhere as debatable if lift passes will be active yet in other resorts
snow report
Ding Dong been snowing heavily all night Smile

Probably 30cm plus (will know exactly when I dig van out) here in the valley, with hopefully more up top Smile

latest report
Like. Reports of no snow in some resorts (3v?) so looks like we lucked out
snow report
Weathercam, so glad to hear that; you needed it so badly. We've got a few cms but we had more than you to start with.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
pam w, wait till you see the Jack tossing video later today Smile

Will edit it when we get back from Montgenevre later
snow report
Is it still snowing?Weathercam, your webcam is awesome btw!!
latest report
Is it still snowing?Weathercam, your webcam is awesome btw!!
snow conditions
Hi, arriving in Serre Chevalier on 29th. Now that there's some snow I'll need to hire skis Very Happy . Can anyone recommend a good ski hire shop who also provide overnight storage lockers at the Chantmerle base. Price is also a factor. Many thanks
ski holidays
RetroBod, stopped snowing - been a very good day up in Montgenevre, though snow was 30% of what we had in Serre, was almost bizarre in driving out of Briancon snow was obvioulsy so much less........

Stylister taking a nice line, powder was there to be had on a VERY shallow base but all good fun though skiing in the trees was a bit disconcerting with all the tree stumps showing

Anyway more here http://www.stylealtitude.com/pow-wow.html
ski holidays
Weathercam wrote:
Hells Bells.......By the way Xmas day will puke down as we have to go to my brothers in the Chartreuse as my parents (90 & 92) will be flying out for Xmas to stay with him, and then I'm meant to be bringing them back to Serre for the day on Boxing day - so what's the betting it's a GAP detour on Xmas day Crying or Very sad

Looks like my prediction I wrote on Dec 10th could well be accurate, though I'll be going through the Frejus!

Low cloud today, just going up for a quick hour in advance of the hordes hoping they'll open up a few more sectors to score some powder again!
snow report
Any thoughts on where the FL will end up? Serre scored well last week where others saw higher FL. Dare we hope for a repeat? This time next week we will be on approach to Turin.........bring it on!
ski holidays
Any local views on where the FL will end up? Serre scored well last week where others saw higher FL. Dare we hope for a repeat? This time next week we will be on approach to Turin.........bring it on!
ski holidays
Looks like it is snowing now Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
dan100, no just a lot of cloud, we went up for a quick blast to see what conditions are like and what is open.

Think they might be keeping the top sectors closed and letting the snow consolidate in advance of the Xmas day dump!
latest report
How was it looking?
ski holidays
Just arrived in Briancon last night. An hour's delay on the flight meant driving in the dark all the way. Maybe just as well, being spared the sight of snowless mountains on mid winter's day.

Despite numerous signs warning of the need for winter equipment for the Lauteret it was in fact completely clear so no driving problems whatever. The fact that we had no chains meant the anxiety level was high until we began the descent. In the dark it looked like there was as much snow lower down the valley as on the col, though that isn't saying much.

Low cloud, reports of few sectors open...and not the links to the other valleys (have to confirm this) dissuaded us from heading up this morning.

The week ahead doesn't look great - a big dump on Christmas day will be welcome but the rest of the week looks overcast and maybe some more falls later. Ah well, still glad to be here...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy