Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serre Chevalier 2013/2014 -webcams and reports

Poster: A snowHead
I see snowmaking started in earnest on the Serre Ratier cams. Lots to do Skullie
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We bought the hard back Smile

Christine Maynadier who we bought our apartment from helped Sue a lot with the book evidently according to the preface acknowledgments.

I was hoping for photos of Serre Chevalier airport, where the Sporting Hotel is and where Chalets Jardin Alpine are was the runway just down from us in the book, which is very similar to a book (French version) they have in Mojos but alas none, have searched for images over t'Net but no luck Sad

Long range forecast is not looking too good, but fear ye not - on Sunday 15th I have to drive from my bros in the Chartreuse to La Tania then on to Tignes before heading back down via Frejus to Serre - sods law means loads of snow Smile
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Weathercam, There may be some photos of that in a book in the Kawa Creperie in Monetier as they have a lot of stuff about the area in there.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hells Bells, aaahhhh thanks, I did not make myself clear in the above post. The English book which we bought does not have the photos, where as the the book in Mojos is a French history of Serre and does have around six photos of the airport in it's hey day in a chapter on it.

Anyway for what it's worth next time I'm in there I'll borrow it and scan the photos and post them here.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Hi everyone. A few will remember me as being a resident of the Serre Chevalier up untill 2009.

My friend Sue has published a book about the region and I'm sure visitors would be interested to read about the area? Available for £2 on the Kindle. My wife Lin (Sue's walking buddy) is in 7 photos but you have to look closely to see her.

Thanks for the heads-up on this Chris. Just bought it. It looks interesting and comprehensive.
Hope all well with you and Lin.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Opening has now been delayed until dec 21st
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Blimey we get there on the 21st. Praying for a bit more snow and cold temps...PLEASE!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Oh well just as well I'm bringing the bike as well along with some other toys, so kiting up on the Col then rolling eyes

There's a few pissed off people on Serre Chevalier FaceBook who have booked hotels etc to take advantage of the free lift pass day this Friday 13th (ironic) etc
https://www.facebook.com/serre.chevalier.vallee

Have not heard from a mate who was meant to be coming down on the 16th, though he loves his cycling and hiking, we'll probably end up hanging off a frozen water fall down from La Grave as a day of fun Confused
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Weathercam, yes, I've just been reading that. Some friends were going to go out on Saturday , glad they didn't now as we were the ones encouraging them to DIY (and possibly use our apartment).
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Oh well this was going up Cucumelle in the summer, might be more of the same next week Puzzled

And no guesses as to what they love chasing, and I know not very PC Smile

And this was on a hike to find some off piste routes off the back of Eychauda ski down to Les Combes and then hike up to Rocher Blanc chair.

ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Weathercam, come on, a bit more optimism is required.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hells Bells, mate who was staying with us next week has just blown us out.

I'm not worried just looking forward to being out there no matter, have a fair few peeps turning up on the 21/22 so I'll try and be optimistic for them rolling eyes

Just have to set my webcam up so you can see the patio getting covered with snow from the 20th !

By the way Xmas day will puke down as we have to go to my brothers in the Chartreuse as my parents (90 & 92) will be flying out for Xmas to stay with him, and then I'm meant to be bringing them back to Serre for the day on Boxing day - so what's the betting it's a GAP detour on Xmas day Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Looks like temps are falling by the weekend; longer range has the merest hint of precipitation, so I am sure that the real problem will be getting down there from the UK, through the blizzards, end of next week !! I wish
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Weathercam, I'm not worried, but sons will be disappointed at the lack of skiing, and we aren't really geared up for them to do anything else other than walk the dogs and go to the pub.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Weathercam, I'm not worried, but sons will be disappointed at the lack of skiing, and we aren't really geared up for them to do anything else other than walk the dogs and go to the pub.
snow report
Saw the snow cannon were back on this morning!!
latest report
Hells Bells, for your sons, how about snow kiting lessons up at the Col with these guys http://www.kitelegende.fr/ ??

RetroBod, this was from their FaceBook today

ski holidays
Saw the snow cannon were back on this morning!!
snow conditions
Weathercam, could be an idea, one I've thought of before but never got round to it.
latest report
Hells Bells, and obviously you take into account no lift passes, but it will very much depend on the conditions, if the Col is shut due to adverse waether I think they use the big field on the way to Le Casset up from you, but as we know currently no snow there Puzzled

Preparing to load up the van, trouble is I take a lot of cycling kit too, from winter gear through to spring kit, plus an indoor trainer, mildly bonkers I know, but this year in April pretty well cycled every other day, and should imagine will be the same next week!
snow conditions
Weathercam, too loaded up to even think about taking anything but ourselves this time, and essential stuff.
snow conditions
Hells Bells, indoor trainer is definitely essential if you are a cyclist.
snow report
dobby, hubby is, but doesn't have an indoor trainer.
snow conditions
Snow next Thursday? Snowforcast seems to think so, but will probably change its mind tomorrow ! Hope to get over to SC week after next from Montgenevre, and I am so convinced the pre xmas dumps are on the way that I am off to start a Montgenevre thread !! Weathercam,Like the photos, Terriers never do what you tell them to , in my experience !
ski holidays
29th seems mighty close! With not much confidence in it getting cool enough can anyone give me even the slightest thread of hope............please!! ..............Or do I need to switch the ski hire to mountain bike hire?
snow report
Ok maybe scrap the diatribe of self pity. Can anyone answer me this: if (for one horrible moment) it did not snow between now and the 29 would the resort be skiable higher up? I have no perception of snow depths on the upper slopes?
latest report
Ok maybe scrap the diatribe of self pity. Can anyone answer me this: if (for one horrible moment) it did not snow between now and the 29 would the resort be skiable higher up? I have no perception of snow depths on the upper slopes?
snow report
RetroBod, hard to say TBH, the resort emailed me today, the snow cannons and pisteurs are working hard to get some pistes open for the 21st. They are estimating about 27 out of the 100 pistes will be open. It may be that the main link from Monetier to Villeneuve will not be, this is the webcam picture for that. It can be quite windy up there at times.

http://serrechevalier.livecam360.net/cucumelle

I do hope to be able to bring you some more optimistic news.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hey guys before I put this up outside can you view the image?

http://www.stylealtitude.com/serrechevalierweathercam.html

Just that with the Orange Live box and the Cam being on the same network I can't see it across the Internet, I can see it within my own network but that does not show me if the outside world can see it, though my bro could see it last night, but have changed some settings.

Hate to say this, but it's dire, as you can hopefully see.

Only positive is that Montgenevre was not looking to bad, will post some pics later.

I might well skin up the piste tomorrow an take a look rolling eyes
snow report
Weathercam, yes, I can see it, looking way too green though.

Sad

More like late October than mid December.
snow report
gosh it looks very unwhite, nice picture though. how come Serre che and alpe d'huez missed out in november? 3V is looking pretty good. Good news is you're set for some snow 19th which should help
latest report
andyrew, I certainly had pictures of snow from friends in November,which looked to be quite promising, but I think a foehn wind and high freezing levels have not helped.
ski holidays
Weathercam, yes, I can see it. It does indeed look dire; what a shame. andyrew, it's not that unusual for the southern alps to have different conditions from the northern side - sometimes better, sometimes worse. Similarly Chamonix often has different conditions from Courmayeur; it's these big chunks of rock that get in the way. wink IIRC the last time there were lots of worries about very poor conditions just pre-Christmas in the north, the south was doing a lot better. Looks like a good chance of a reasonable snowfall on Thursday/Friday, though; fingers crossed.
ski holidays
Weathercam, where are you based?
snow report
pam w, camera angle has been moved slightly I think since before, still not much snow, but at least you can see that there are pistes. Sun is a bit blinding though.
latest report
Weathercam, you need to learn where that cam is pointing.......far too much belly showing there!!! Bit warm?
ski holidays
RetroBod, just back from a walk up to Monetier and back, don't think Hells Bells, will want to see the photos Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
Weathercam, I'm prepared for the worst, don't worry. Walking boots, dog leads, etc etc.
snow report
Oh, that`s right, you are all going to come up and crowd us out in Monty Razz
snow report
cstreat, if it isn't that brilliant I may not bother to ski at all.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy