Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scotland 2013/14

Poster: A snowHead
denfinella, the guy pictured in my photo is going to glenshee tomorrow (unfortunately I can't make it), I'll get a report off him and post it up.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bobmcstuff, love the piece. Bit of everything including a small, round, crusty something Puzzled and a keyhole. Madeye-Smiley

Another great day at Nevis Range today, with whiteness everywhere, front and back of the mountain. Cool

http://www.winterhighland.info/publicreports/index.php?50,3683

The back, in Coire Dubh ...

The front, west side of Goose ...

Rob Roy's return ...

The highest playground in Scotland ? ...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The man on the highest playground pic looks like he's swinging from the gallows Twisted Evil.....

We had some good skiing at Glencoe yesterday - and some sheet ice as well. The queues were pretty awful at times though.

Tried Nevis Range today. Stormbound from the off - so the forecast of high winds later in the day was hopelessly wrong Confused. Frustrating and annoying - especially when getting there involves a 600 mile round trip.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
moffatross, nice pics as usual. Is that first one of one of the back corries?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cheers, Mosha Marc. Little Angel Yes, it was in the back corries, Coire Dubh in fact. Status was 'unpatrolled' so you had to make your own choices as to safety. I went in at Winger Wall but I honestly couldn't see anything at the lip when I arrived, i.e. whether there was a big cornice to negotiate or not. I spent some time pole-whacking at it and just as a snowboarder, great fella called Neil turned up, the viz cleared enough for me to see that where I was whacking was just about cornice free. He was also equipped with the holy trinity and had ridden the same line earlier and reported stable snow throughout so we paired up for the run. Cool

mountainaddict, we pulled into Coe car park and realising it would be very busy, headed up the road to Fort William. It's a shame about your wasted trip there today but I am happy that Glencoe are getting some busy weekends .. hopefully that'll help them afford to put some investment into the infrastructure to modernise. Forecast for the West looked iffy for Sunday all week so I'd already made the choice not to book an overnighter.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
moffatross, looks very nice. They weren't open when I was up there last easter; the lifties suggested crampons rather than skis Shocked

I wouldn't mind a crack at them though snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
moffatross wrote:

The highest playground in Scotland ? ...

...That's not what I meant when I said we need to build a snow park!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Glenshee apparently was pretty good. Firm and a bit icy at first but softened through the day. Glas Maol was open, the black run was very icy at the top. Snow not quite as good as Cairngorm yesterday but fewer queues (maybe due to the worse forecast for today - but apparently vis was good all day).
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Glenshee was good , esp glas maol , corrie fionn. No queues , blue sky snow was firm but not icy...looks like more fresh last night so looking better on the cams today.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Looks great over on winter highland today
http://www.winterhighland.info/publicreports/index.php?50,3685
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
bobmcstuff and AndyG, thanks for the update. I can now only go Wednesday, which has a bad forecast. Will have to save for another time!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Glencoe now reporting an average depth across their upper slopes of 321cm. Main basin 442cm Laughing
Only a few glacier areas are reporting anywhere near that amount in the Alps Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Peter S, they do have fantastic cover this year,fantastic I say hopefully we will be skiing till the end of may!.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The snow seemed bottomless under my skis in Coire Dubh on Saturday. There can't be many bowls in the Alps this loaded Very Happy ...

ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Yep looking amazing and tbh there hasn't really been a massive 24 hr dump yet either can't wait for that mid week session.
snow report
A great start to the week in the West, though it's a bit of a naff day today (Wednesday) - forecast is more promising for the days ahead, mix of sunny spells and snow showers, perhaps some more persistent snow in the West to freshen things up after todays thaw/freeze cycle, but winds are looking fairly light for the next few days.

NEVIS RANGE - Tue 14th Jan:

^Boarder heads for Sidewinder from the Summit round the top of the Goose Tow.

^Superb and wide coverage below the Quad Chair, longish blues and a bit more excitement if you head over into the Allt Sneachda (Well hopefully not literally into it...) Razz

^Goose Gully filled to the brim the whole way down, ride anywhere cover on the upper and mid-mountain.

More Pix & Report: http://www.winterhighland.info/pix/pixalbum.php?pix_id=943

GLENCOE - Mon 13th Jan:

^Huge depth of snow in Ski Tow Gully, the base of the Tows is regularly having to be dug out.

^Massive cover for the first half of January on Meall a' Bhuiridh, even the deeper natural snow fields separated by rock outcrops, cliffs and boulderfields are merging into one.

^Top of the Main Basin T-bar by the Summit.

More Pix & Report: http://www.winterhighland.info/pix/pixalbum.php?pix_id=942

Glencoe Webcams: www.winterhighland.info/cams/glencoe
snow report
Any reports, or even better, pictures of what Glenshee is currently like, or anyone going over the next few weeks would be good to hear - Im off from the 27th of Jan to the 4th Feb Smile
snow report
miniman24, http://www.winterhighland.info/publicreports/index.php?50,3685
ski holidays
Spot on kitenski! Conditions look much better than I thought they were, only going off the webcam images though, which are very low down. Hopefully conditions will only improve!
snow conditions
miniman24, it did rain today at most levels. I would expect conditions have deteriorated somewhat at least for the lower slopes. Having said that, weather's supposed to cool down again over the next few days, and no major thaw expected on the longer term forecasts.
ski holidays
A few belated snaps from Glencoe - Sat. 11 Jan 2014:

latest report
Looks good Mountainaddict, think I can beat you on late running pics. Still not sorted mine from a couple of weeks back, well other than a quick winter highland report. Lens for the DSLR arrived back from repairers today Very Happy Normal service will be resumed soon, the need to treat the kit a bit better this year doubling as a good excuse for a ski day pack.
ski holidays
mountainaddict, it looks even better than last easter, and that was excellent.
ski holidays
Quote:
it looks even better than last easter, and that was excellent
While we had a lot of lovely windblown powder....there was also a bit of (rather challenging) sheet ice in exposed areas. Still good fun though Very Happy.
ski holidays
"SNOW REPORT
Snow Level: 1400ft ft Vertical Runs: 2300ft ft
Lifts Operating: 0 of 7 Available Uplifts
Last Update 17/01/2014 at 05:12 pm

All slopes on the mountain have an extensive cover of soft snow on a good base. Continuing snowfall has further improved conditions. WALL T-BAR UPDATE - parts are now onsite and the maintenance boys are going to work through the night putting it back together, fingers crossed it will run tomorrow but no guarantee. Fraser has worked hard on the Rannoch Button and found the fault so it will run tomorrow if needed. Snow Factor boys and Charlie have been busy again today, we now have A Rainbow Rail, A Flat Box, A Pole Jam to Down Box, A Rookie Kicker and a Little Roller in the park."

Jut had a look at the Glencoe website. Does this mean the ski resort isn't open?

It's reporting a very good covering of snow 1m at low levels at 2.25m at the summit.
snow report
Photos and report up on WH from CairnGorm on Friday: http://www.winterhighland.info/pix/pixalbum.php?pix_id=946

^Pick of the Day - Ciste Gully in fantastic condition for it's first officially open day of winter 2014. snowHead
ski holidays
Anyone know if the FlyPaper at the 'Coe has been open yet? It was shut when I was up at new year.
ski holidays
Closed today due to bad visibility but has been open I'm sure
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Flypaper was open on Friday.
snow report
Not looking too good for Glenshee at the moment, hope it picks up in the next week!
snow report
Yep, pretty dire there at the moment. Hope for later in the week though - colder temperatures should help the snowpack dry out, and possibly significant snow on Tuesday / Wednesday.
snow conditions
Even more snow for glencoe on the way and hopefully glenshee where there is still lots of snow over on Glas moal..
snow conditions
Snowgates are closed on the A93 now. Good confirmation that it was snowing to base at Glenshee because the radar has been very encouraging this evening and the wind direction should be helping fill the fenced runs on Sunnyside, Cluny / Tom Dearg and the Fionn Pomas as well as adding fresh into the natural gullies/bowls of Fionn Coire, Glas Choire and Center Gully. snowHead
latest report
Looking forward to tomorrow morning's webcam images!
ski holidays
Had a good couple of days on the west coast at the weekend, one Glencoe and one Nevis. Still fantastic snow cover, bit misty on the upper mountain at Glencoe on Sunday. Mix of sun, cloud and snow at Nevis on Monday.

Winter Highland report - http://www.winterhighland.info/publicreports/index.php?50,3700
Flickr set - http://www.flickr.com/photos/onemanmows/sets/72157640020817225/

Sun and blow on the Summit Tow on Flickr

Summit Button / terrain park plus the top of the Goose Tow on Flickr

The whole of Warrens on Flickr

Goose T-bar and upper Goose on Flickr
ski holidays
The West is stormbound today and will definitely be closed off tomorrow too in the blizzards and hurricane force winds. Another 40-50 cm snow has already fallen at higher levels and there'll be another 75-100 cm of snow over the coming week. There's already 10 foot of level snow at the Braveheart top station at Nevis Range. Madeye-Smiley

With the best of the winter yet to come and stupendous volumes of snow now in place, it should be a long skiing season in Scotland. Cool
snow conditions
I feel a trip out west coming on!
snow report
Its on the card for me Tues,wed,Thurs its all looking to good to miss.
latest report
It's not that the West needs it but there's double figure centimetres worth of new snow modelled between now and Saturday from the 12Z GFS. Cairngorm and Glenshee will appreciate the new snow though Cool ...

snow report
Ridiculous amounts of snow in the west

Shocked

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-25912317
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy