Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone interested in a fitness motivation thread?

Poster: A snowHead
T Bar wrote:
CP,
How did the 10k go?

Sorry missed this post earlier in the week.

It was a very nice run mainly in the forest on a good running surface for a fat old bloke like me - no tarmac or concrete to speak of, just springy tracks. Warnings had been issued about some steep climbs, not founded I am glad to say - but I do have a couple of steep climbs in my normal 10k training run, so maybe I am used to them.

And I got a personal best coming under the 60 minutes for the first time ever at 10k in 59.15

If anybody is tempted look out for this one next year - RNLI Run up to Christmas at Moors Valley Country Park, Ringwood.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bev bish,
Posting on snowHead burns no calories trust me on this, I eat at the computer Crying or Very sad

snowbunny, How can you keep sane in a gym for 2hours?

CP, Congratulations on a personal best, especially off road sounds good. My missus does 10k's I will have to work up the energy, I am slightly on the stout side so don't know how fast I could do one in.

Anyway forgot to say what I intended to do this week 2 gym sessions and 2/3 run/cycles depending on weather , so far just the one gym session so a bit of work to do. Well done to all for keeping going. snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
How is everyone doing for excercise? Last week I managed 2gym sessions 1 run and 1 cycle. This week I intend to get in at least one more session but a bit knackered today after running (slowly) for about an hour yesterday, I am trying to work out the most important excercises for skiing at the moment but not really succeding. Crying or Very sad
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
T Bar, yep still going strong, i did 4 spin classes last week plus my weights and a cycle on sunday. i think i am turning into a gym junkie. don't worry tho i am still eating as much as ever. Shocked
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Trying pretty well. Last week; one stationary cycle (1 hour at new higer level) followed by two hours at Castleford, 5-a-side, weight circuit, 30 min run @ 13km/h and three hours on mountainbike including a session practising falling off Embarassed
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Have finally managed to get back into the fitness lark. Overall I'm pretty good and manage to go out for a run a couple of times of week. Have now upped this to four times a week at circa 5/6 mile a time. Surely the cold morning air must burn of more fat?! Confused Have also been using the enormous lump of metal taking up the backroom otherwise known as the home gym. I'd have made a packet if I'd charged it rent!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Went to the gym today. I hour on CV, then 1 hour weights and core strength.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Gym, Fri (1hour CV), Sat (1hrCV,1hr Weights), Sun (1.5hrCV,0.5hr Weights) and Monday (1hrCV,1hr Weights), followed then by 1.15hr dry slope skiing.
Wondered why it was hard to get out off bed this morning.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
srobbo,
Quote:

Wondered why it was hard to get out off bed this morning.

How is your recovery rate from the gym sessions?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowbunny, Normally pretty quick, alternate the weight session to different area's of body per day (ie 1 day arms/shoulder, 2nd day core, 3rd day legs etc), but normally 24hrs and ready to go again. (Been doing a few long days at work, commuting 300 miles per day - so this may be having a bad effect at the moment)
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I ran a kilometre on the treadmill at 6.2 km/h without stopping, and felt like i could carry on. I is proud! Took 9 minutes 41 seconds tho. faster next time! (bear in mind i hate running)
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
crazy_skier_jules, Well done, it's a good start. I used to hate running at school, and only really started 18 months ago at the gym on a treadmill (after dislocating shoulder - couldn't do other sports - and needed to keep fit)
Can now manage to run 6k at 11-12km/h with no too much difficulty.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I went to the chippy Monday, Pizza Tuesday, Chinese Wednesday, Greggs Thursday, Indian Friday, lard sandwiches Saturday and Indian again Sunday.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Paul Mason, i admire your dedication and commitment although i hope your including some drink training in that tough regime
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
crazy_skier_jules, are you having a laugh.. that is a brisk walk!! how can you be sooooo unfit at your age! (i am assuming your in your teens due to your exam talk on other threads) Shocked
snow report
Paul Mason, You really need to allow more recoverty time between session. I also know that you are telling little porky pies Very Happy
latest report
Well, I went back to the gym for the first time in about five months. I have dropped from being able to do a steady forty-five minutes on the treadmill, down to twenty. Embarassed

It's going to be a long slog. Mad
ski holidays
Kramer, nah you'll get that back in no time
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman, I had to venture into Yorkshire yesterday but dont worry - I got out eventually - out of Leeds on the train. Once the train pulled into Darlington I felt much better. Thirty minutes later I was in Newcastle phew!!!! I was so happy I had a lard sandwich !! Very Happy
snow report
This thread seems to have slipped somewhat, is that cos we've slipped? I'm managing to keep a decent regime including a 30 min around Cardiff park (3 to 4 mile, it's a bloody big park!) followed by gym session at home working calfs, thighs and upper half of bod.

Howz everyone else getting on?
ski holidays
saxabar, going to gym in about four hours - currently doing 3 sessions a week lasting about 60-90 minutes ! Obviously I have reduced my lard intake - to zero. Current weight loss since EOSB = 30lbs, since joing Fat Club 19lbs !

As Frosty the Snowman, would say "Keep on truckin"
snow report
Paul Mason, how much have you had to spend in clothes or do you use a piece of old rope to hold your trousers up. wink
snow conditions
Paul Mason, Well done - I'm sure that we are all proud of you and your lard free diet - wait until the new streamlined aerodynamic you hits the slopes snowHead
ski holidays
Russell, I have to admit the only new items I have bought are a ski jacket and salopettes. I spent a fortune on new clothes in August and although the tops are fine the jeans are wrap around ! I will lose a few more pounds before buying anything new. Anyway I've got no pennies till May - after the EOSB.
ski holidays
CANV CANVINGTON, be nice - crazy_skier_jules, is doing well and this is a fitness motivation thread, not a chance to tell people how unfit they are. Please remember that teenagers and all females generally do not respond well to be called unfit etc... etc...

Keep up the good work crazy_skier_jules, I've just started going to the gym and it's v hard as am not that fit but I figure I've got to start somewhere.
snow conditions
OK, So far ain't done much. Still got dodgy ankles and my swimming pool has been closed for 3 months Evil or Very Mad

Where on earth do I start???

Going on 28th Jan!!!!
snow conditions
Couple of gym sessions at the weekend, mainly cv work. Sunday was a tough one, but may have been due to the amount of alcohol consumed on Sat evening. Will be going later tonight aiming for 1/2hr run, 1/2 hr bike, then light weights, aiming for one more session this week, before departing on Friday for 7 days pre Xmas skiing.
latest report
Taken from another thread... Just to reinforce the point of adapting exercises to your chosen activity - I've been doing loads of mountain biking lately and can do 3 hour rides with my legs feeling fine the next day. I did a 25 minute run the other day, the first in at least 6 months and 2 days later my legs are still feeling like they've been trampled by a migrating herd of wildebeast.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
saxabar,
Well done on the regime I have been a bit busy to post recently and have just been scanning threads rather than posting.

Paul Mason,
Why are you reduced to Lard, when I were a lad we had bread and dripping much tastier than owt that you get nowadays wink Anyway congratulations on the slimline look it is as much as I can do to try and get fit without reducing the T Bar belly.

johnboy, If your ankles are dodgy have you tried non weight bearing excercise at the gym a static rower or something like that should help a bit.

srobbo, Enjoy your skiing this week hope the exercise helps and well done to all who are persevering.

For myself I managed 2 gym sessions 2 runs and a cycle (knackered after that one), so hopefully I am getting somewhere towards a degree of fitness for my first ski trip towards the end of january.

This week I am a wee bit tired so may have an easier week 2 runs or cycles plus 2 gym trips sp only four sessions a lot better than nothing if it works.

Good Luck to all snowHead 's who are exercising I am assured it is the keeping going that counts rolling eyes
snow report
Nice one T Bar, I'm in a lucky position whereby I mostly work from home hence I can ar$e around in the park and at home till 9:30. However, when I go into London I always make sure not to use the escalators and instead do the steps two-by-two. The Marylebone tube steps are definitely a decent CV work out!
snow report
saxabar, much better to run up the down escalators
ski holidays
Russell, I've purposefully avoided rat like behaviour! No offence meant mistermouse.
ski holidays
saxabar,None taken , i'm more of a field mouse. i would rather esercise outside if i can, if not then it's the gym. spin class and weights tonight and a night mtb ride tomorrow
snow conditions
I watched this thread for a while now, but not posted. I started back in September geting fit for christmas ski holiday and also general fitness.

I am now running about 6-8 miles 2-3 times a week and Mountain biking 2-3 times for about 3 hours including a 2 hour night ride and one circuit training seesion a week. In all I lost about 3 stones but I'm feel so much better (although still weigh around 18 stone) One factor could be due to the fact that not only the exercise but I have had to stop drink alcohol, coffee, tea etc and all fizzy drinks due to a medical condition and instead drink 6ltrs of water a day (so do many miles just walking to the loo wink )

Any way the wife is scared of going skiing with me this year now 8 days snowHead snowHead snowHead due to me being a lot fitter now
latest report
Well after not being able to move for three days after my last gym visit, I went back yesterday, and feel ok today, so I'm going to go back again. It's probably far too little too late, but then again I'm not really going for the benefit of my skiing.
snow report
acanno, That is a pretty impressive list of achievements, have a great time skiing next week. snowHead

Kramer, I thought you take about 100 skiing holidays each year, even if full fitness isn't attained by the first surely you should be in some kind of condition to power down the powder/ice/slush at EOSB.
snow report
ive finished the stamina work no more long runs (long for me that is) .. no more than 3 miles now on a run.. got the old rugby boots out to do some sprints over the park.. all that extra grip plus lots of stop start stuff bloody hurt!
snow report
yeah i'm in my teens - and i finally have the motivation to get fit - as you can see, I am not! however i ran 2km at the gym on the treadmill yesterday and 1km after school on the road today - mum was really surprised at how early i got back! i gotta admit, the speed i chose to do my first km at the gym was pathetic - i can go faster! and i was pleased with how fast i did the km today!
come on guys, if i can get off my lazy @ss anyone can!
snow conditions
crazy_skier_jules, Well done Very Happy
ski holidays
mistermouse, thankyou. But looking at what everyone else does makes me a: ashamed and b: feel pathetic
need to get fit for army cadets!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy