Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone interested in a fitness motivation thread?

Poster: A snowHead
Though I try and keep fit year round I often fail. There is greater urgency as the ski season comes around. Is anyone interested in having a virtual fitness group where you post what you intend to do and then post whether you have done it to keep the motivation going?

I have been cycling in the summer but now with the dark days and dirty weather have somewhat less enthusiasm. I hope to exercise around three times per week of mixed gym work and jogging with a first ski trip probably third week in Jan so enough time I hope.
snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just come back from the gym , just restarted after a summer break. Now ready for the pub, got to train for apres too rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
3 mornings a week I leap, confused, from my bed at 6am Shocked to head for the gym. I sweat for ~500 Kcal I am then insufferably cheery for the rest of the day. The other 4 days of the week I am grumpy - please help.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Gym today, 1 hour CV stuff, then balance disks and wobble board stuff with weights Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
urrrrrrrrrr, jumpin around n situps to a song which i made a routien for, very occasional gym visits
definitely need motivation!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Just been to the gym this evening, first time this week, so spent 1.5hrs on cardio. Feel good at the moment, trying to decide on going to the pub !
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I hate the gym - I run in the summer, do 10k events and also did the Great South Run this year which pushed the envelope a little at 10 miles ( I am a 48 year old 14 stone, beer drinking, food loving bloke )

Since the clocks went back I have managed one run a weekend plus some light leg orientated weight exercise at home. I can't run outdoors now as I live in deepest darkest Wiltshire and there are no lights here, in the village or the tracks I run on.

I don't need motivation - I need light.

I have a 10k event coming up at the end of the Month - RNLI Run up to Christmas at Ringwood - which will be a challenge at the current rate of training.

I know I should join a gym, but just can't hack the thought of being near all those possers lifting weights and oiling themselves.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Fri 11-11-05 20:44; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
srobbo, you deserve it - all food calorie free on gym days wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
srobbo wrote:
Just been to the gym this evening, first time this week, so spent 1.5hrs on cardio. Feel good at the moment, trying to decide on going to the pub !

No brainer!! go Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Have just started jogging again after a 9 month break Skullie I have also started doing squats, crunchies and holding the the seated position against a wall. I do need a bit of motivation. How long can you snowheads hold the seated position for? I haven't timed myself yet, but I do it while I brush my teeth Toofy Grin
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I do gym and climbing wall during the week and mountain biking on weekends - after having my weak lil' legs holding me back all last season I've realised that if I want to get into this ski lark then I really need to get off my lazy backside and get some exercise.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Scarpa,
Quote:

after having my weak lil' legs holding me back all last season

Lucky legs then? Laughing
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Lucky they didn't snap off and stick up me a*se!!!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Scarpa, Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Playing hockey keeps me fit in the winter - mind you I always pull a muscle the week before I go skiing,
ski holidays
Ian Hopkinson wrote:
3 mornings a week I leap, confused, from my bed at 6am Shocked to head for the gym. I sweat for ~500 Kcal I am then insufferably cheery for the rest of the day...................

Ian, your virtue overwhelms me Very Happy

Must admit I like the idea of this motivation thread, though. I am a sinner trying to repent.
snow conditions
CP, Its not always like that,(well not in my gym in woking) .Most people are 'normal' shape and just trying that extra bit. Its good for those wet evenings and then run at weekends.

Where has John Wells gone???
snow conditions
crazy_skier_jules, You dont need a gym , you have youth on your side
snow conditions
Nick Zotov, the morning thing is key - at 6am my critical facilities haven't really kicked in, so the virtue gets carried over from the night before (a safe distance off). I only live 5 minutes walk from the gym, so by the time I realise how stupid I've been I'm sitting on an exercise bike.

I lost about a stone over the first few weeks, but then I stabilised because I decided I'd been very good - and rewarded myself with cake rolling eyes
snow report
What does fitness mean ?

Is is some kind of new food or drink ?

NehNeh
snow report
Paul Mason, It's code for the pursuit of kebab and chips wink
snow conditions
Paul Mason wrote:
What does fitness mean ?

NehNeh

It means that I may stand a remote chance of keeping up with SP and lasting all day with him as well. Very Happy
snow conditions
Fitness - weight loss motivation.

Once upon a time there was a thin bloke. One morning he woke up and was a fat bloke, nearly 19 stone. He sat in the office or the car all day and really enjoyed his John Smiths, Guinness, Indian and Chinese takeaways. He joined a forum with other ski nuts and booked himself onto the EOSB. The night before the bash (Friday 22 April 2005) he had sharp shooting pains in his arm and shoulder. He had to take his wedding ring off as he thought his fingers were going to explode. The next morning he went to his doctors but it was closed (topical at the moment) so he rang the emergency number on the door. Within 30 minutes he had been to the emergency doctor, was rushed to A&E and was lying on a bed linked up to a heart monitor. "Suspected heart attack" the GP said. He was due to meet Russell in only 7 hours to jet off to GVA and meet the other bashers. Heart is fine - very strong infact definitely no heart attack but blood pressure extremely high. Doctor was a skier and had been to Les Arcs only a few weeks ago. " Go skiing but be very careful not to push yourself".

Hugh wake up call. Went to EOSB - met the other nutters and Lord Whitenoise. Promised easiski he would lose weight for the next bash !

He came home, started the diet but only lost a stone over 6 months - not good enough. October 5th - joined slimming world. Quite a big effort for a fat bloke to go to a local slimming club ! In six weeks he has lost 13 pounds and last night I saw him in the gym jogging and cycling for over an hour burning off 550 calories in the process. He couldnt have done that in April.

If you need ideas for weight loss he told me to try this website www.slimming-world.co.uk

It works !
latest report
Paul Mason,

WELL DONE! Very Happy

I must dust the rowing machine!
ski holidays
Played squash the other night. Mrs JB whipped my ass!!! Every muscle hurts. AAHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
snow report
I definitely need motivation.....
ski holidays
Just back from my gym. Waggled a few weights and spun the pedals on a stationary bike for a while. Now I am ready for the important part of the day - lunch. Must get in training for the midday restuarant stops in the ski resort.
latest report
I'm scared that a crash on my mountain bike will injure me just before skiing season. I'm wearing the pads today rolling eyes
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
johnboy wrote:
Played squash the other night. Mrs JB whipped my ass!!! Every muscle hurts. AAHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Lucky Boy - I wish Mrs CP would do that to me Toofy Grin
snow report
CP, I thought that snowbunny was the Miss Whiplash of this site???
latest report
Scarpa,
Quote:

CP, I thought that snowbunny was the Miss Whiplash of this site???

That is a rumour started by Ray Zorro. I deny everything, and was elsewhere at the time with an alibi.
snow report
Scarpa, . . . as if you believe that Shocked
ski holidays
IncogSkiSno, Who was it that gave Scarpa, the web address of the smiley site? wink
ski holidays
Miss snowbunny Whiplash, Laughing Laughing

You've been found out - don't try and put the blame on others.

Anyway, this thread is about fitness motivation, we shouldn't allow it to deviate.

Fitness motivation is an excellent idea, where can I get some from?
ski holidays
snowbunny, NOT GUILTY !!! I think it was Ian Hopkinson who gave wipeout the address and Scarpa picked up on it. NehNeh
latest report
Ray Zorro, I really don't know why you think I am like that. I am much more Little Angel Anyway, I'm too fat and old for that sort of behaviour, even if it would keep me fit Laughing
snow report
What did I do Puzzled snowHead
latest report
Ian Hopkinson, There will be no holding him back now, and it's all your fault! Shocked Laughing
snow report
oh, I see - nope that wasn't me, I might of told him how to put them into posts but I didn't tell him where to get them! snowHead
latest report
I already had almost every smiley going and had a few sites (inc yels) saved - but as they were on my hard drive I couldn't use them. So foolish earthlings... Ian taught me the dark arts of image posting *cackle*!!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy