Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Injury caused by bindings not releasing - advice needed

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Emmeline, Sympathies from me! Nothing worse than being 'an interesting patient'! But understanding the problem is helpful, I'm sure, so keep positive Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
genepi - thanks very much, I'm trying to stay upbeat - it's certainly 'different' to be in this position, and I think I'm doing ok so far - a handful of tantrums and a girly cry or 2, but otherwise ok! Yes, I feel so much better about everything now that the consultant has properly explained it, I think that's the worst thing - being in the dark! I've never broken anything before either so really didn't know what to expect - it's just sods law that my first break turns out to be a proper dodgy one - I'm just thanking my lucky stars that on top of everything else, there's no obvious tissue/nerve/ligament/vein damage. I guess I like to think everything happens for a reason anyway, so at least I'm having to give up drinking and smoking, which I'd been putting off for ages Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pam w wrote:
Emmeline, that all sounds really intimidating, and such a long time to get it sorted. Lots of sympathy. Sad

+ 1
Hugs etc. in your direction. Keep positive (as you do)!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Emmeline, Holy crap, you did a right proper job there, didn't you? What a relief (at least) that you are getting good treatment and now understand the problems and the prognosis. You sound as though you are keeping positive, which must be hard sometimes, so good for you. Very good for giving up smoking, b*gger about the drinking though wink (I haven't had a hangover since i did mine but I haven't given up either, although I thought I might not manage crutches after a small glass or two).

Big hugs from me, and please keep us posted with your progress xx
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sounds rubbish
however looks like you can fit those holidays in now.

lovely Christmas market in Budapest in December, make sure you get tickets to see the nutcracker at the opera house.
got .
have been to Budapest 5 times, so can give some good advice on things to do and some great restaurants.
can be very cold in Dec
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Emmeline, holy cow, that all sounds really awful. Much sympathy from me too.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
little ms spock - thanks very much, hugs gratefully received Very Happy
ironsidexx - just checked out your new pics - I want one of those braces!!!! Your poor leg though, I'm expecting to see similar wastage when my cast comes off. Scar not looking bad though.
Yeah, I feel a lot better now I actually know more of what happened, and what's going on now. Still a lot of unknowns but now I know I can't do anything about that, I'm not worrying about it so much. Actually, I must confess - I haven't actually given up drinking and smoking totally - that was a bit misleading. To be fair I only managed 4 days not smoking, though the plan was to stop entirely when I wrote my last post. My boyfriend had a cheeky fag yesterday morning, so we've had a few since, but are planning on stopping again come Monday. I guess smoking at the weekend is better than daily, but still naughty so I'll try again next week! Also - I have had a few drinks since the accident, but obviously can't get drunk because I'd be a hazard to myself, so yeah - like you, not completely given up, but no hangovers so far Very Happy Compare that with drinking fairly heavily every weekend.... my liver must be thanking it's lucky stars, haha! Thanks for the hugs too Smile

Neville - yeah, it's poo - but what can ya do? Wink
Really looking forward to the Christmas markets, I hadn't thought about going to the ballet. Just spoke to my OH and he seems up for it, so we'll get that onto the list. Hopefully we'll still be able to book tickets by the time we find out if we can go or not! Any advice on places to go, especially sightseeing at that time of year, would be appreciated. My OH is actually 1/2 Hungarian and lived in Budapest for a while, but he hasn't been back for several years so the bars & restaurants he used to go to may not be there now (though I know the 'all you can eat and drink' Trofea Grill places are there still). He didn't do so many of the 'places of interest' inside the city, as his company tended to take them on tours outside, so again - any nuggets of info you have would be great Very Happy

Pedantica - thanks very much Smile It could have been worse though, and the pain of the first couple of weeks is a distant memory, so I'm not feeling too bad about it really.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Emmeline, Just seen your facebook update - great news that you don't need another cast or a brace. looking forward to the new pics!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
holidayloverxx - yep, I'm really pleased - thanks Smile I'll put some pics and a better update here ASAP - I warn you though, the images are not pretty (though I'm sure they won't bother you after what you've been through). Glad I don't need a brace but I was kinda looking forward to having one like yours after seeing your pics, very sci-fi! Hope you're doing ok too Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Emmeline, yeah doing fine - partial weight bearing now (update on page 18/19 of my thread)
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
holidayloverxx - ah, good news Very Happy I'll check that out.....
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Emmeline, I've just seen your holiday photos on FB - your legs look great!!! How did you get on?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
holidayloverxx - hehe, thanks - they don't look so great when I'm standing up though - the right one is still very wonky. I didn't realise I hadn't posted on here for so long. My consultant said that I'd be best off going on holiday within 2 months when I saw him in June, so we decided to do the Budapest trip in July as originally planned - rather than December. Still in Hungary at the moment actually, coming home tomorrow sadly. My legs have been good enough for me to get about without too much pain, but my ankle has been swelling up. Back to the physio next week, and got my next consultant appointment on 31st July, when they'll decide whether to re-align the bones and/or reconstruct the ligaments. Hopefully the operation/s should be straightforward, and if it's just a re-alignment I should be walking the next day (if you're interested it's a High Tibial Osteotomy I'll need). I haven't had a chance yet to check out how you're getting on but I'll do that once I'm back in blighty, and have regular internet connectivity. I hope you're good anyway, and the weight bearing is coming along. I'm able to walk with one crutch now, and can get about without a crutch but I'm lurching about all over the shop - cos of the wonkiness. I really hope they do decide to operate (weird thing to say I know), as I'd love to have a straight leg again soon Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy