Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Rosiere - Ski Lessons - Ski Hire

Poster: A snowHead
Off to La Ros in December for another New Year ski holiday.

What ski school would you recommend for private lessons or group lessons? I have looked online and it seems that only ESF operate here. Is that right?

What ski hire shop would your recommend that is near to our chalet?

We will be staying with Esprit Ski in a chalet that is on the edge of a green nursery slope. (hope that helps explain where we are in resort)

Hope there is still a few of you stalking the forum now the snow has gone.

Mike.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Oh yes, have no fear about that. I think there are several ski schools - one of the people who knows La Ros well will be along soon, I'm sure. I've not been there for years.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No, evolution 2 operate as well and are very good.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi

I have booked in the Chalet Charlotte with Esprit for next February after staying there last January.

I assume you have children???

If you do book with Esprit I would book the ski lessons with them for the children as Esprit will then make sure they get to the lessons and get picked up etc. They use Evolution 2 and it was very good last year.

For adults you can also use Esprit's lesson with Evo2. Last year it cost us £90 each for group lessons 3x2.5 hours Monday to Wed mornings, in a group of just 4. You can also book private lessons through Esprit when you get to resort, from memory it was 90 euro for 2 hours ( we are going for this option for the adults next year)

In the main shopping area in the village Esprit use sport 2000 I think for ski hire. Ski hire through Esprit is expensive in my opinion. There are also another 2 or 3 hire shops within 30 yards sport 2000 to pick from. I shopped around on the internet and the best deal was with Skimium using the Decathlon card discount and we all had excellent new kit. As I say all the shops are pretty much adjacent to each other. If you want a sledge buy it from the supermarket across the road for about 18 euro.

I get lift passes through Esprit as its about the same price as in resort and you get them delivered to your room on the first night. The drag lift outside the esprit chalets is free and doesn't need a pass.

Which Chalet are you staying in?

Tyke
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mike-H, You will find when staying in a Ski Espirit chalet that you will be directed to EVO2 for ski lessons and Arpin Sports for ski hire. M Arpin owns the chalets that Espirit use and Jackie Arpin runs EVO2. Arpin Sports is located in the Centre Commercial, opposite Arpins is Skimium which would be my recommendation. For private lessons there are a number of independent monitors in the village but I would go with Elite Ski, they're affliated to the ESF and run by Simon Atkinson who is also the Director of the ESF brgade. Simon is pure Yorkshire but has lived in the village for over 20 years and knows the area really well. Go to www.larosiere.net for all the information you'll need.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
tyke2, Yes we have kids. We are two families travelling with 4 kids. The chalet is Begonia. The two oldest will be 5 and skiing for the first time. We have pre-booked this with Esprit as they tick all the boxes. My children's happiness is essential and my two kids loved last year in Les Gets. Had to pull them away from the kids club each day.

I have previously arranged my own ski hire and tuition as TO fees are a bit cheeky. In addition, last year I wanted a ski hire shop at the foot of the slopes with overnight storage. This will not be a problem this year as the chalet is ski in and out.

We cannot leave booking private tuition until in resort. At New Year most options get booked up.

Ivor Shed, Evo 2 look good. I will get in touch with Elite also. Thanks for the recommendations.

Should I get my little girl skking at the SnowDome before we go? She is 4 now and I thought a few lessons may benefit her and give her some confidence when we get in resort. I cannot teach her as I suck at skiing. I just smile a lot whilst looking rubbish.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mike-H, My daughter is 7 now and we started her off at 4 at Xscape in Castleford. It definitely helped her loads. After 4 lessons she was on the main slope, which is par for the course. My skills on skis are similar to yours, as I started learning just after my daughter and have never caught her up. I just look terrified.
We wanted to book private lessons through Esprit in advance but they wouldn't until we were on the transfer coach. I looked at booking direct with the schools in advance but the costs they quoted were astronomical
The Chalet you are staying in is next to ours. You can literally ski into the boot room!
I would check out Skimium - I'm going to use them again.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
tyke2, I will get her some lessons in the next mont. Tamworth Snow Dome is my nearest centre and they have some discounts for May due to low season. I may have a cheeky hour myself. Smile
I have emailed Evo2 and Elite. Lets see what reply I get. Online prices look like 2-3 hour private lesson for 2 people will be about E100. I just hope they have space as I cannot risk arrving in resort and winging it again. I need someone to adjust my technique before it gets worse. Smile I am largely self taught and it shows.

I will book the ski gear seperately as it is cheaper and compare lift prices. Having said all this, saving a few quid after booking a New Year week with esprit feels like dropping an ice cube in the Atlantic. I really should have started skiing before we had kids!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
tyke2, How long was the airport transfer to resort? I keep reading different times.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mike

It was 2 hours to resort and 1 h 50 return.

A good tip on return as its 5.30 in the morning or so. don't ask for full breakfast , get the host to make up some baguettes for when you get to the airport.
Also don't give the kids milk to drink or on cereals before the coach journey. Its a very very windy road for the first hour or so. We gave ours water etc and they were fine. But there were plenty of bags full of curdled milk from toddlers who had had their normal breakfast!

The prices you have for lessons look good, can you post what you end up paying as we will use this for our lessons next year.
If you use Skimium , get the Decathlon discount card and book through topcashback - this will save a few more ice cubes!!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I know nothing about La Rosiere so can't help you there but....

Mike-H wrote:

...the snow hasn't gone thankfully.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
tyke2,

Evolution 2 offer 2 hour private session for a group of 3 to 5 for Euro 108
ESF offer 2 hour private session for a group of 3 to 5 for Euro 135

I have booked 2 days at 2 hours for 3 of us. Hope it helps my technique and is a good intro to resort slopes.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
If Evo 2 are anything like their colleagues in Arc1950, I'd go with them
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mike-H,

I think Ill pitch for 2 x 2 hours sessions with Evo 2next year also. I assume it would be the same cost for just 2 people.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Lessons for 2 should be less. They are with Evo 2 in my experience (scuse my interrupting).
latest report
If I am correct ski lessons for just 2 is a few Euros cheaper but not much.

Only annoyance is the email comms with Evo2. I have sent my booking email twice now but have yet to receive confirmation. I have booked my friend onto beginner lessons with ESF as they do a weeks lessons. Evo 3 only offer 3 days. ESF email comms has been good.

I will book my ski hire nearer the time direct with ski shops as Esprit are tad pricey.

Thanks to everyone for your help. If anyone knows Evo2 please ask them to reply confirming my booking Very Happy

Enjoy the summer. I'm going to get my 4 year old skiing.
ski holidays
Mike-H, the basic ski hire price with esprit, is I agree pricey, but they usually do free kids hire (including helmets) when adults book, so make sure you look at the overall price before you jump off of the esprit ship.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy