Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chalet hosts day off

Poster: A snowHead
...so I took the wife out.

http://youtube.com/v/C14uEz08vJU
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Oh dear.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Oh dear! Hope she was OK. I do love the title of this thread....v witty.

On a different note I'm wondering how one might apportion blame for this accident. As you were overtaking her, then in theory you were 100% responsible. However, I can't help feeling she was partly (25%?) at fault as she seemed to turn across the piste and didn't glance uphill. Then again, unless your eyes were pointing in a different direction to the GoPro it seems you were looking at her all the time anyway.

Far too much analysis of a (hopefully) harmless bump!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Totally my fault. I was trying to second guess her....she never goes off piste, and I was expecting her to turn.

Thankfully we were both fine. A good job we were both wearing helmets and I was able to buy her a pizza and beer later in the day! It was actually the chalet host day off!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
dave_m, Laughing
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

I was able to buy her a pizza and beer later in the day!

This implies you only buy her a pizza and beer when you have caused her physical injury!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
dave_m wrote:
... A good job we were both wearing helmets ...

Why? I saw no sign of a head thump .
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
achilles wrote:
dave_m wrote:
... A good job we were both wearing helmets ...

Why? I saw no sign of a head thump .

if he wasn't wearing a helmet he wouldn't have been wearing a go-pro so we wouldn't have had the video!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Pezza26, Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

I saw no sign of a head thump

It felt a bit like a head thump to me. Ouch.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yup, totally your fault - you had ages to avoid her.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Yup, totally your fault

indeed. was this a "go-pro induced collision"? I'd have expected a lot more than a beer and pizza. Evil or Very Mad
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
...me too, but she had a headache NehNeh
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
dave_m, I love the squeak she makes as she hits the deck Wink
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

me too, but she had a headache

Laughing
snow report
foxtrotzulu wrote:

On a different note I'm wondering how one might apportion blame for this accident. As you were overtaking her, then in theory you were 100% responsible. However, I can't help feeling she was partly (25%?) at fault as she seemed to turn across the piste and didn't glance uphill. Then again, unless your eyes were pointing in a different direction to the GoPro it seems you were looking at her all the time anyway.

Far too much analysis of a (hopefully) harmless bump!

I am fine, nothing but a headache thank goodness.

I was actually coming to a stop on the side of the piste... I knew there wasn't anyone behind me and I thought I'd shouted to Dave that I was going to "pull over" and wait for our daughter who was bringing up the rear. He obviously didn't hear me!

He did cut the video off just before he had a massive rant at me and tried to blame me for it all Shocked Laughing

Luckily the rest of the holiday went well, but we do laugh about the fact I always seem to get taken out by someone on our ski trips, but I didn't expect it to be by him!!! wink
ski holidays
kitenski wrote:
dave_m, I love the squeak she makes as she hits the deck Wink

Embarassed
latest report
dave_m, you plonker!
snow conditions
Fantastic snow and excellent piste conditions are you sure you were in La Plagne?
ski holidays
Clare_M wrote:
he had a massive rant at me and tried to blame me for it all Shocked Laughing

Watch the video. He aimed directly at you! I'm surprised your ski pole didn't aim somewhere too, when you'd got up! Shocked Laughing
ski holidays
boredsurfin wrote:
Fantastic snow and excellent piste conditions are you sure you were in La Plagne?

It might have been Les Arcs actually.... But we did stay in La Flat as Dave calls it. Very Happy
ski holidays
maggi, he said afterwards once he'd watched the footage that he didn't know what he was thinking. I agree Smile
latest report
maggi wrote:
Clare_M wrote:
he had a massive rant at me and tried to blame me for it all Shocked Laughing

Watch the video. He aimed directly at you! I'm surprised your ski pole didn't aim somewhere too, when you'd got up! Shocked Laughing

I also couldn't get up very quickly, I have never mastered the art of getting back off my bum without taking a ski off! Otherwise he might have been in trouble snowHead Laughing
snow report
Quote:

he had a massive rant at me and tried to blame me for it all

rolling eyes typical man.
snow conditions
Quote:
I love the squeak she makes as she hits the deck
I'm sure you do....oo er missus Toofy Grin.
snow report
foxtrotzulu wrote:

On a different note I'm wondering how one might apportion blame for this accident. As............

Simple Dave - husband. Clare - wife. Therefore Dave's fault every time. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Thornyhill, are you implying it wasn't? He just kept ploughing into her. And then had the cheek to rant! But he did buy her a pizza - knows how to show a girl a good time.
snow conditions
pam w, In this case it was, but I was surprised that foxtrotzulu thought there could ever be a different outcome.leads me to suspect that foxtrotzulu might be single or female wink wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thornyhill wrote:
pam w, In this case it was, but I was surprised that foxtrotzulu thought there could ever be a different outcome.leads me to suspect that foxtrotzulu might be single or female wink wink

Laughing
latest report
Thornyhill, not single or female!
ski holidays
The error, I think, comes in at 6/7 seconds. The yellow trousers are clearly heading into the side to slow down; I'd have aimed for the other side of them. (If paying attention etc. etc. etc.)

A test, I think, is to imagine what you would have done if you'd been driving a car. Would you have gone for that gap on the left?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy