Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

First ever snow kiting session at the Col du Lautaret

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
First snow ever kiting session up at the Col du Lautaret just up the road from where we are in Serre Chevalier.

I was on skis and a Foil kite Ozone 8.5 (red & black) and Lewis (he who kite jumps piers) was on a snowboard but with a more normal sea kite, a Best 13, we did find the wind a little flukey, whilst other more experienced kiters seemed to be ok, but all things considered you would not have known we were first timers as we kept the "faff" factor to a minimum and managed to fly the kites well, only issue, but a major one it seemed, was getting and keeping the kite powered up, but towards the end we were getting there.

About a 50 / 50 split between those on boards and skis.

Back to more normal ways of getting up the mountain tomorrow, skinning up Col du Galibier , hopefully weather and new boots allowing!

latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy