Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val Cenis

Poster: A snowHead
We're thinking of Val Cenis in March with a couple of friends who will have done two weeks by then.

We realise that it's a small resort (we're thinking similar to La Rosiere in size).

Anyone been?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Spyderjon,

I spent a week in Val Cenis last New Year and had a great time. It as a small resort, but should be ideal for your friends as third week skiers. Some of the scenery is spectacular, the village itself is very charming and traditional, apres-ski is limited to a few cosy bars, but there are some very good restaurants to be found in the village. We had some private ski lessons with ESF and found the instruction to be excellent - very friendly and flexible local instructors. The lift system is pretty average, but the lack of any large queues made up for this, many runs were very quiet for most of the week. There is a good mixture of sunny open mountain areas, and tree lined runs for when the weather turns.

The extent of the ski area is comparable to La Rosiere, or to resorts such as Chatel or Les Gets. There's easily enough to keep an intermediate happy for a week, great for beginners, but perhaps a bit limited for advanced and expert skiers - on piste anyway. There are plenty of easy to get to off-piste areas and tree runs which were largely untouched the week we spent there.

We travelled with MGS Ski who were both friendly and efficient,

hope this helps,

BrightonSki
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We have been seriously considering Val Cenis the last 2 years now. Really liked the look of the place at their stand at the ski show in Manchester the other week, but unfortunately we'd already booked our 3 holidays this year. It's going to have to wait until 2007 for us unless I get 6 numbers one saturday before February Wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
spyderjon, A few more comments here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=9616 snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
spyderjon, Sent you a PM with some details, I think that you would like the resort, plenty of options, certainly a good place for beginners/intermediates. I took a group of 12 back in 2003, and all managed to progress very well with the terrain offered
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
spyderjon, Linds and I were there in Feb last year. (In fact, I think that Jonpims only just got out of the cellar...) We had a brilliant time, and I think that you will really enjoy it - and your friends will fall in love with it!!! In fact, can I come with you, please? wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Michelle, Thanks for that. Everyone's welcome.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Michelle wrote:
spyderjon, Linds and I were there in Feb last year. (In fact, I think that Jonpims only just got out of the cellar...)

Do explain!!!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
That would be telling, Liz!!! (I'll see if I can find the thread Shocked )
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Liz - this might help:
http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=102122&highlight=val+cenis#102122
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks to all for the info.

Just booked the last two rooms for half board at the Hotel L'Etoile de Neiges with Olympic for w/c 19th March at the bargain price of £329 each inc ski carriage.

From Donny airport which is only 45 mins away. And a 6 day lift pass including insurance is only 116 euros.

Yiiiiipppppeeeee snowHead
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
spyderjon, That looks like a very good deal that you managed get, certain that you will enjoy the variety of skiing available.

Now do you want a friendly ski guide for the week wink Will be able to show you a few good off-piste gems. All for the price of a pint !
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
srobbo, Most definately. I'll see you there snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
spyderjon, Trying to sort plans out this weekend, was planning to be back in V C sometime during March,(going in 5 wks time Very Happy ) so will try and organise for the same week.

Will keep you informed
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
srobbo, I'd be quick as it's booking up PDQ.
latest report
spyderjon, Yes i know, the secret is out !
snow report
Spyderjon,
Val Cenis is a cracking resort, stayed there just before last X-mas. Snow was superb and scenery stunning. You might want to check out the link below for weather forecast info / general info on resort.

http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Val-Cenis.shtml

Rgds

Rich
ski holidays
Type23, Thanks Rich.
latest report
If you get bored at VC try taking the local bus up or down the valley to Bonneval or Termignon (this one probably better after only 2 weeks skiing, and is included in the lift pass). It makes a change of scene, isn't expensive, and is a good day out.
latest report
Val Cenis last Feb:

snow conditions
Michelle, fab photo! Looks blissful.
ski holidays
It was! That was the week before half term, and I think just after lunch. Crowded, eh?!!
snow report
Michelle wrote:
It was! That was the week before half term, and I think just after lunch. Crowded, eh?!!

Very nice. Some of my non-skiing friends wonder why I love skiing so much...
snow report
Sorry for the posing in the pic Embarassed but Val Cenis December

snow report
Michelle,
That really is a superb photo.. without wanting to sound too much of an anorak ! could you tell me what Camera you used ? thxs

Rich
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy