Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snoworks or TDC (The Development Centre) < Any preferences, suggestions?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm squeezing in a last minute break next week (13-20 April).

I'm going on my own and going to do five days tuition.

Both SNOWORKS and TDC (The Development Company) are doing courses for my level, both look good, both have glowing reviews and are about same price for five x three hour lessons.

Has anyone suggestion to choose between them?

I might flip a coin. Or I might decide based on accommodation cost.

If it makes a difference, Snoworks is Tignes, TDC is Val - but I like both (and they overlap so much I'm not sure it helps decide).

But if you have ideas?

fwiw I'm advanced intermediate
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rupertb, TDC are in Tignes also. I've skied with Gavin Lewis there several times and Rory Scott once, they are both very good and I believe all their colleagues are too.

Although I don't think you'd be disappointed by any of those choices.

and welcome to Snowheads
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've been on two Snoworks courses, and should have done another this season if Katharine hadn't stuffed her knee in Feb. They are really good fun courses and will improve your skiing. Phil and Emma, and the rest of the team are brilliant at getting you to improve your skiing without any pressure and get many return customers.
As a location, we prefer Tignes. Better access to the mountain and cheaper too. Both Mark Warner hotels are well run and look after you.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have skied with both and think they are both really good with great enthusiatic knowledgable instructors. I prefer Val D as a location to stay but if i was choosing on basis of course alone I would go with Snoworks.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
^^^^^+1
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've done courses with both in Tignes this year. Given the choice (and I will be choosing them again next year), I would go with Snoworks, who were excellent. I wasn't quite so impressed with the instructor I had with TDC, and didn't enjoy it so much, although they get lots of good recommendations from others on here.

The other advantage with Snoworks is that the courses are guaranteed to run, whereas if you book on your own for a 5 day course with TDC you may find (at late notice) that it's reduced to 1 or 2 half days of one to one if they can't get enough other people to sign up for it.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
update well there was a post from phil, where did it go?????

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 10-04-13 23:56; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks folks - that was useful.

I did fancy TDC (not least as I had found an AMAZING chalet offer; uber-deluxe at a very good price), but they've said they won't be running a five day course.

So I am booked on Snoworks and I am PSYCHED -- very, very much looking forward to it.

And managed to find a great deal on a chalet there anyway.

And if anyone is in Tignes this week, I might see you there.

WOOHOO - a "found week" - I hadn't expected to go skiing again this year and this will be wonderful.

Am very happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Anybody considering a last minute offpsite week check out the latest snow report from Tignes;

http://youtube.com/v/73k4v0XHcps
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy