Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

FAO Zero G (and anyone interested in VB!)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
'Zero' (apologies, I don't know your real name).

'We' are two skiers and two boarders, hoping to do VB tomorrow (the classic route as we aren't heroes, sadly).

We are sat in our chalet in Les Bossons and I'm pondering what to do wax-wise. At the moment the gear is waxed with a mixture of all-temp and spring wax as that is what I expected conditions to be like. I waxed them on Sunday evening and we have skied solidly for two days.

Looks to be -2 at 2,400m and -13 at the top.

Do I:

a. Do nothing, there will be plenty of wax left in them and the right sort
b. Wax in spring / all temp mixture to cover all bases
c. Wax in all temp as it'll be cold at VB, even lower down where it becomes flat and a bit of a pain for boarders

?

Help! Anyone else with constructive suggestions would be welcome to contribute please.

(thanks a lot in anticipation).

James.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mr_merc, assuming you're one of the skiers, it will make damn all difference. Chances are you'll be hanging around for the boarders at various locations. I'd get up there as early as possible and complete by lunchtime, before it gets too messy at the end.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm one of the boarders Wink

Thanks for the thoughts though Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
laundryman, open mouth, remove foot please Blush
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mr_merc, you've thrown a whole new light on my views of boarders!

I've just finished waxing my skis, went for the green one! rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Gatecrasher - I'm not sure if that's an insult or not but there.

I apologise if this seems anal but I like looking after my stuff and want to make the most of my trip tomorrow. That's all.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mr_merc, snowyowl, Embarassed
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@laundryman: it's cool, us boarders can be so slow wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
mr_merc, apologies if came across as an insult, I've not done enough boarding to understand if wax is the make or break of the sport. Confused
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
mr_merc, doesn't sound like you need to apply more or change the wax. Enjoy VB!

And just to reassure you, I skied almost daily for four weeks without waxing or tuning. Finally gave my skis some love last week. That long interval had not done them any harm at all.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks zero, that's appreciated. Here's hoping it is reasonably clear tomorrow. Celebrating in MBC's with ribs if its a good day Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
mr_merc, Zardos puck . . . use it and grow a pair to get a decent run at the flat bits . . . stick a pair of poles on your pack and if you want, go for a more 'alpine' foot angle if you're happy with changing angles . . . you'll also find it easier to carve your board at high speed. You can then pole along with the skiers if you need to slow down for them. Wax for the entire range of temps is not going to happen so the Zardos will keep you sliding freely . . . have fun Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi Masque.

Thanks. Looking at the webcam this morning, it doesn't look likely again (the third day we have tried Sad ) although the forecast still looks good.

We have a puck, so will take that. The boarders also bought telescopic poles, so will use those.

My board angles are +15 / -12, on the basis that's a reasonable angle forward, but if I need to slip / falling leaf on parts I can ride switch for a bit.

Thanks Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy