Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The people you bump into unexpectedly .....

Poster: A snowHead
So, we're checking out of our Appartment in Les Menuires yesterday, they had very kindly agreed to transport my skis and boots to Oxalys for the EOSB.

I had hand written a note and attached it to my ski bag, included the word "Snowheads" as a reference.

The very polite lady scans my note and exclaims "Oh, Graham has just checked into Appartment 15"

Me "I'm sorry"

Lady "Graham, Monsieur Snowheads has just arrived and is staying here, he arrived just 10 minutes ago"

Managed to track him down and had a quick chat before we left, if you PM him and don't get any response he'll be playing in the awesome snow wink

Actually his first words to me were "Got any spare tea bags ?"
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bladeskier, Excellent, but he's had that many trips this year it was inevitable someone would bump into him wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Friends bumped into comedian John Bishop at the top of Marmottes 2 in Alpe d'Huez yesterday Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
So far, this season, I've 'bumped' into JP Auclair, Glen Plake, Andreas Fransson (I didn't bump into him so much as throw his skis to the ground) and Mr S Morrison himself. I consider that to be a good season's bumping.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I saw Damien Lewis in a corner shop in Tufnell Park the other day. He's as handsome as in the films, even if he is ginger.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
andersont, that's a good bump, the man is talented!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I shared a lift at Sauze with Craig Phillips (who won the first ever Big Brother).

True fact.

Glen Plake - Met him a couple of years ago in London. Very big hands. And you know what they say about men with big hands.......

Big gloves.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Sun 7-04-13 21:41; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Zero-G wrote:
So far, this season, I've 'bumped' into JP Auclair, Glen Plake, Andreas Fransson (I didn't bump into him so much as throw his skis to the ground) and Mr S Morrison himself. I consider that to be a good season's bumping.

Bump... or grind?

PS, I really hope you got at least one pro-callout in!!

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Sun 7-04-13 21:55; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Zero-G, To be fair you do live about 20 yds from their commute to work and also hang out round some disreputable foot fetish establishment so you're stacking the random deck in your favour a bit. wink
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
bladeskier wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing

You were lucky you weren't given skis/boots/a large carpet or similar to take back to the UK with you. Toofy Grin
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
My two best bumps neither of which were this year were Fergie plus princesses in Verbier, and Bob Geldof on the train up to Zermatt.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Schuss in Boots wrote:
bladeskier wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing

You were lucky you weren't given skis/boots/a large carpet or similar to take back to the UK with you. Toofy Grin

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I remember it well, turning up at Chez Admin to pick up some skis. Hmmm, you have some spare space there. I'm sure we could fit a carpet and some Snowhead's banners in there. Happy days. Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
[quote=

You were lucky you weren't given skis/boots/a large carpet or similar to take back to the UK with you. Toofy Grin[/quote]

Bumped into Howard Marks in Meribel last year.

Didn't offer to carry anything back for him Shocked

snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Wearing my ignorance on my sleeve WTF is Howard Marks? Though the face is oddly familiar Puzzled
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Masque wrote:
Wearing my ignorance on my sleeve WTF is Howard Marks? Though the face is oddly familiar Puzzled

Howard Marks (born Dennis Howard Marks on 13 August 1945) is a Welsh author and former drug smuggler who achieved notoriety as an international cannabis smuggler through high-profile court cases. At his peak he was supposedly smuggling consignments of the drug as large as 30 tons, and was connected with groups as diverse as the CIA, the IRA, MI6, and the Mafia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howard_Marks
ski holidays
jbob wrote:
....... and Bob Geldof .........

I met him and Billy Connolly in a pub in Dublin. Bob is wayyyyyyy funnier in real life.
snow conditions
sequoiaboard, ahhhhhhh.... time to stfu ..... Embarassed

Happy days Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Masque wrote:

I suspect Howard Marks has spent half his life unable to remember who he is !
ski holidays
Masque wrote:

Ha ha - Maque doesn't know anything about drug dealing gun running spies.........erm....... OK shaddup Shocked Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Thornyhill, ha ha - not me . . . but know a few.
snow conditions
Masque wrote:
Thornyhill, ha ha - not me . . . but know a few.

Any chance of an introduction?
ski holidays
Thornyhill, you REALLY don't want that . . . no really, you don't Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
latest report
Masque, you mean they are worse than my sister? Shocked Shocked Shocked Laughing Laughing
snow report
Thornyhill, would your sister kill me while I was sleeping?
snow conditions
. . . Is she cute

. . . as well as dangerous?
ski holidays
Masque, not cute in a brotherly way - not dangerous in a brotherly way, but would probably kill you, me and your mean buddies in our sleep for a bit of a laugh. I have her programmed in my phone as 'Pulp Fiction'
ski holidays
Thornyhill, OO Shocked OO . . . got my attention now . . . ski or board . . . or doesn't care as long as they can breath through their ears?
snow conditions
clarky999 wrote:
Bump... or grind?
How very dare you!! wink I'm not a hussy...

clarky999 wrote:
I really hope you got at least one pro-callout in!!
Nope, but if I bump into any more I'm definitely calling out "Bingo!"

fatbob wrote:
To be fair you do live about 20 yds from their commute to work and also hang out round some disreputable foot fetish establishment so you're stacking the random deck in your favour a bit. wink
True.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nick D wrote:
Friends bumped into comedian John Bishop at the top of Marmottes 2 in Alpe d'Huez yesterday Very Happy

Yeah - we saw him at the top of Auris on Tuesday. Seems a reasonable skier which sort of surprised me (not sure why that should be the case)
ski holidays
Got VERY wasted with this legend in Scotties last season.. man can drink, literally 5 nights in a row Confused

snow conditions
dulcamara, groovy glasses you're wearing wink
latest report
Zero-G,

It's a point on my bucket list, "become mountain bike legend" allowing me to wear a leather suit and tie with diamond glasses. Only way i can get away with it!
latest report
I was behind the "cast" of Geordie Shore at the baggage drop in T5 the other day.

I feel I win.
snow report
Zero-G,
Quote:

Cool
latest report
Quite a boring year for us so far, only Tony Robinson, (who despite his rep is a nice guy and bought us a bottle of wine) but due some Motorbike and then some Touring car legends this month and next Toofy Grin
snow report
On planes I've seen/met Joan Collins, Terry Wogan, Richard Branson, James May, Cherie Blaire/Booth (not all at the same time of course)

My mate worked for an investment bank in London and they put him up in a company apartment for a while. He decided to introduce himself to his new neighbour so knocked on the door. It was opened by Claudia Schiffer. I think he ran out of milk and sugar quite a lot after that.
latest report
Bode Swiller wrote:
On planes I've seen/met Joan Collins....

I think your meeting was recorded....

http://youtube.com/v/ICmjZXf3lto

Madeye-Smiley
latest report
dulcamara, OK, I give in. Who is the chap with the diamond glasses and weird moustache? He looks like the love child of Salvador Dali and Michael Caine. But pretty cool all the same.
snow conditions
I'm pretty sure I saw Peter Gabriel on a snowboard about 15 years ago. It was after lunch, so I can't be 100% sure.
ski holidays
foxtrotzulu, Gary Fischer, guy that invented the mountain bike...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy