Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

First go at stability cushion

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've just been playing with one of these at the gym....
http://www.fitness4rugby.com/indexjs.html?/products/product_discosit.htm

Fantastic!!! Was standing on it in a skiing position and rotating my upper body as a balance exercise. If your weight is not evenly distributed then one foot sinks down, so it looks to be great at working on 50/50 balance for powder conditions. I might even buy one and stand like a sad b*gger when watching TV Embarassed
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Scarpa, Part of my gym prog includes standing on two of these barefoot, going to a squat, picking up two weighted cables, then lifting and raising them to overhead (without falling off) 4x10 sets wink Great fun.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Scarpa, I nearly bought one of these from TK max for £7 - I'll go and get one now, thanks for the recommendation. snowHead

Chemmy Alcott (sp?) does her squats on a gym ball - I'm sure that if I tried that I would do myself more harm than good Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'll try squats on one soon (not a ball btw) - prob end up falling down the stairs or landing with my head firmly jammed in the toilet Embarassed
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Incog - do you know if they are still in TK's? Cheers.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Scar (sorry I couldn't resist that Laughing ), No, not sure it was a few weeks ago, and their stock does change quite rapidly. They looked quite small and I didn't think that they'd be any good, so it's nice to know they're ok, I shall try and get one this week and will let you know.

You can tell the Ski Season is approaching, everyone's trying to get fit quick, well I am anyway, went for my first 2 jogs (in 9 months) this week Skullie
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
IncogSkiSno, They are good, buy 2, set them at hip width and try to do squats. They look all squidgy, but they don't need to be all firm like the fitness balls. Sorts out the balancing muscle groups when barefoot Shocked
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowbunny, This is why I didn't buy one, as squats should be done with feet hip width apart and the cushions didn't look big enough for that, at the time it didn't occur to me to buy 2 of them rolling eyes
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My gym membership came in after the summer suspend, so did my first session yesterday after my first indoor climbing of the winter on thurs, Jeez - so many bits of me are aching today and I even kept the weights low Crying or Very sad
latest report
 Darky
Darky
Well they look like good practice too. I don`t know much, but am quite interested! hehehe. Poor Scarpa. Hope your mild lil old muscles get better! Wink
How ya doin???...
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
www.physique.co.uk sells them at £10 each. Look under re-hab on their site
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rungsp, Cheers

Darky, G'day lass - nope, still sore Shocked
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
snowbunny, IncogSkiSno, try doing squats on a balance board - great fun. My max is 25. Several are almost 1-legged squats and they are really 'dynamic'.
(Homemade board - I bought a skateboard from TK Max for £5 and took the wheels off - then use a 2" dia wooden cylinder to balance on)
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Darky, Who let my stalker in? wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy