Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resorts Still open after 07.04.2013

Poster: A snowHead
Many resorts close at Easter or the weekend after (April 7 2013).

The glacier ski areas will be open into the late spring/summer.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/snowandski/5022748/Glacier-skiing-Euopes-ten-top-glaciers.html

Which other resorts are staying open after 07.04.2013 and when do they shut for the season?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ischgl is still going – their closing concert (Deep Purple) is on the 30th April.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Serre Chevalier is open until 28th April.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It looks like Obertauern, Austria is open until the end of April 2013.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
can see alot of places extending the season. i got back from Tignes on Sunday and no shortage of snow there, even at the bottom in Brev
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I believe Zell am see is staying open for an extra week if conditions remain OK
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Livigno is open until the end of April at least - had a great week there in the third week of April last season.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Most of Ziller valley is open until 14th, Hochfuegen til 21st I think.
Might find that extent of area that is open reduces as week goes along though.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Most of the Three Valleys closes weekend of 26 April, with Val Thorens closing 8 May
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Here is a ist within Ski Amadé and Obertauern

Wagrain 14.04.2013
Skiarea Grafenberg to St. Johann/Alpendorf is open until 14.04.2013

Grießenkareck (Flying Mozart & Rote 8er gondola) will close on Monday, 8.4.2013

St. Johann-Alpendorf 14.04.2013

Zauchensee - Flachauwinkl 21.04.2013

Ski Reiteralm 14.04.2013

Dachstein-Gletscher 14.04.2013

Sportgastein 14.04.2013

Obertauern is until the 1st May normally with limited lifts/pistes and a massive discount!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Tignes closes 12th May 2013 so we still have another 6 weeks to enjoy ourselves Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Les Arcs/La Plagne is open until 27th April.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ischgl, St Anton, Obergurgl, Kitz, I think Soelden, Stubai.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ewanmalone wrote:
can see alot of places extending the season. i got back from Tignes on Sunday and no shortage of snow there, even at the bottom in Brev

Won't happen. As soon as the week long holidaymakers dry up (immediately post school hols) there's very little point in resorts staying open in terms of marginal revenues, never mind extending staff contracts.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
fatbob, yup.

This much snow at Kuhtai base station, and they're still closing on the 7th. Gonna last for a while though!

IMAG0523 by Clarkleberry Finn, on Flickr
snow conditions
Conveniently: http://wepowder.com/weblog/4369/End-of-season-dates-lifts-in-the-Alps
ski holidays
mrsclarky999 is a notorious shortarse though. wink
latest report
Quote:

Won't happen

It's unusual for resorts to stay open after the advertised dates. They close for lack of skiers, not lack of snow. Les Saisies is open till 19 April, when there will still be masses of snow.
snow report
Makes me very glad that our apartment is in Val Thorens.
snow report
fatbob wrote:
mrsclarky999 is a notorious shortarse though. wink

Mrs Shocked
snow report
Quote:

Really! I thought most closed the last week of April. Some of the low lying ones may close early but most major ski resorts (even Andorra) stay open much later.
snow report
johnE, depends when Easter is. It's the last major holiday of the season, so economically, little point running lifts much afterwards - but resorts will always stay open at least until then.
snow report
johnE wrote:
Quote:

Really! I thought most closed the last week of April. Some of the low lying ones may close early but most major ski resorts (even Andorra) stay open much later.

Yes look at the list clarky999 posted
http://wepowder.com/weblog/4369/End-of-season-dates-lifts-in-the-Alps

Every resort in this list with a red flag next to it is already shut (schroll to bottom of page)
http://www.bergfex.at/oesterreich/schneewerte/?sort=LifteOffen,DESC

One shut resort has over 3m of snow Shocked
snow report
Quote:

Really! I thought most closed the last week of April

Nope. The vast majority will close earlier.
ski holidays
pam w, I did say the major resorts. I am afraid that I had never heard of most of those closing earlier. Where, for example is "Sörenberg"? They may be the vast majority of ski areas in terms of numbers, but surely the mileage available in the 3 valleys, Espace Killy etc renders them irrelevant.

Many people assume that just because British tour operators stop going there then the resort is closed. I have just returned from Solden (report to follow). The British tour operators stop using the resort in 2 weeks time whereas the resort itself closes on May 5th.

BTW DB, http://www.bergfex.at/oesterreich/schneewerte/?sort=LifteOffen,DESC only refers to Austrian resorts. I suspect many of those reporting closed are only village lifts. I have never heard of any of them.
snow conditions
Quote:

the mileage available in the 3 valleys, Espace Killy etc renders them irrelevant.

Laughing it's fortunate that there is a whole range of lesser resorts which can be enjoyed without having to put up with the kind of British skiers who considers everywhere but the 3 Valleys and the EK "irrelevant".
snow conditions
Quote:

BTW DB, http://www.bergfex.at/oesterreich/schneewerte/?sort=LifteOffen,DESC only refers to Austrian resorts. I suspect many of those reporting closed are only village lifts. I have never heard of any of them.

Many of them are pretty small, many of them also have an excellent reputation, though not for piste mileage wink
snow report
pam w, yep - you are spot on Toofy Grin
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Not even Seefeld? Erm, the Nordic events at both the 1964 and 1976 Winter Olympics were hosted at Seefeld. Also, extremely important, Seefeld is where I had my first skiing lessons... Wink
ski holidays
Are in Sweden open until 1st May, we are off there this Sunday. Yippee! Very Happy
snow conditions
Verbier shuts Sunday 28th. We've got plenty to keep us going until then.
snow report
Quote:

Not even Seefeld?

Well I have heard of Seefeld and even been walking there in the summer but never realised there was any skiing.
ski holidays
Who would like to put money on Yad Moss, Weardale or Raise running next week??

I suspect Scotland will be going strong, and I'm hopeful for a May slide up there to try and coincide with my birthday....

cheers,

Greg
ski holidays
Grandvalira in Andorra (Soldeu & Pas de la Casa) are open until April 28th.
ski holidays
flangesax,

going to obertauern next week. Conditions look ace in fairness.

went to solden same week last year and it was lively still.

Any tips on what to expect from obertauern?

Thanks
snow conditions
Portes du Soleil is open until 21st April. Great spring conditions at present. Can still do the circuit both directions.
One or two sectors closing, but Avoriaz will shut on 21st.

Cheap B&B deals for the last two weeks if anyone fancies a last slide.
snow report
Mattmulkeen,
It'll be pretty quiet but the conditions are good at the mo!
They still have a few events up there... on the 19th April is the big treasure hunt. They section off a massive chunk and have hidden treasure boxes and items in the snow.... ranging from Jagermeister, beer, season passes and then a set of BMW X5 keys too!.... I think you may even win the car that they fit in as well Wink
The Apres will be a bit more limited but a coupl eof bars tend to be the focus (can't remember which ones though).
Should be in for a good week!

johnE,

Does a clock still tick if you are out of the room?....
ski holidays
flangesax,

Excellent stuff - like a giddy kipper snowHead
latest report
clarky999 wrote:

Many of them are pretty small, many of them also have an excellent reputation, though not for piste mileage wink

Indeed, I've been to (now closed) Kreischberg, it's a great little resort.

http://www.kreischberg.at/
ski holidays
zellmaniac, Zell am See is open next week but with only 3 lifts running. The City Express closes on Saturday so your only route up is the TrassXpress. I believe all of the mountain restaurants are closing on Saturday as well. There's plenty of snow left, it seems a shame to close the resort and it's due to snow tonight which will make my last day here enjoyable!!!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy