Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TR-Pila 29/03-01/04

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Have taken a lot good advice from this forum over the years without adding much so thought it about time to add my first trip report.
First ski trip to Italy for both of us, normally go to France so wanted to try something different this time.
Pila was chosen because I had heard good things, also because we only had two days on the snow huge km's of piste not necessary.Transfer time from Milan malpensa was a very decent 2hr 15mins. Stayed at the 3 star hotel Pila 2000, £210 for three nights B&B. Nice room, big bed, stunning views up and down the valley to the Matterhorn and Mont Blanc.
Skiing was fantastic, lovely wide pistes down through the trees, some winding others straight. Mainly reds and blues in the main skiing area with the two top lifts giving access to a few black runs. It was snowing all of the first day and intermittently on the second so having the trees was great in the poor vis, powder from top to bottom for almost the full weekend this only changed once the sun arrived yesterday afternoon turning the snow on the bottom half of the mountain more spring like. Great resorts for intermediates, enough to keep better skiers occupied for 2/3 days without too much repetition, km's of piste given as 70 although seemed more for some reason, could happily spend a week there.
Resort itself is nothing to write home about, purpose built and quite spread out, plus point is good access to the slopes from anywhere. Weren't looking for nightlife but from what we saw it was non existent anyway. Probably better staying down the hill in Aosta if thats what you are after.
The food was amazing! Pizzas the best I have ever tasted. Very very cheap as well compared to anywhere we have been in France, lunch on the slopes also reasonable and high quality. For this reason our next ski holiday together will be in Italy!
Hope this short review will be of use to somebody. Any more questions ask away....
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi alasdair.graham@hotmail.c,

Thanks for posting this. I like you stepped out of my comfort zone earlier this year and did Italy for the first time. I am now 100% convinced that it is THE place to ski.

Having only ever been to France & Canada it was a refreshing, laidback & cheaper change.

Will consider Pila as well now.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SnowMonkey69, One day you'll do the same with Austria wink They are all great.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy