Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

European School Holidays 2013-2014

Poster: A snowHead
Thanks to red 27 for the link on the 2012-2013 thread but thought best to make it a single new thread. Can admin 'unsticky' 2012-2013 and sticky this?

latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
thefatcontroller, Thanks for the new chart. But that s bad news, half term clashing with Paris Sad
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sarah, thefatcontroller, so UK half term at the same time as Paris is as bad as it sounds?? I did Tignes during the Paris half term in 2012 but my kids had different half term to the rest of the UK that year so maybe not as busy as 2013? Is this another reason to boycott France next year as well as the ESF / hosting debacle!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It is missing Austria. Are their holidays important? Anyone have alink to that?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
peanuthead, Schulferien 2013/2014 will give you those dates.

http://www.schulferien.org/Schulferien_nach_Jahren/2014/schulferien_2014.html
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Do many Austrians go to France skiing?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hoe does Italy and Spain work then ? We were thinking of Italy for 22/02 to 01/03 to avoid the French half term. Presumably they do have a half term holiday.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
handy cheers!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thefatcontroller, not amongst the keen skiers I know, some have tried but were not impressed particularly, even with Chamonix.

However purely anecdotally, I am seeing more and more French number plates turning up in Austrian resort car parks as well as seeing them driving along the A8/A10 axis in southern Bavarian and Salzburgerland. Used to be lots of Paris and Environs numbers which we assumed would be Eastern Europeans going home for holidays. Now the numbers are from all over and in ever-increasing numbers, so either the migration from former Eastern European countries has spread out from the major urban centres, or the French are becoming more adventurous?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hey thanks for sharing, really helpful.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I went to Italy (Passo Tonale) this year at Feb half term with 3 English schools and the slopes were fine.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Really really helpful! Shame about half term Sad
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Pity the russians are not on the list, så that we can know when to stay home. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hyst wrote:
Pity the russians are not on the list, så that we can know when to stay home. Toofy Grin

They are, look carefully.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
thefatcontroller wrote:
Hyst wrote:

They are, look carefully.

Point taken - and I am releaved - no russian holidays on my trips. wink
ski holidays
Can anybody help. I had it in my head that Austrian holidays did not end until something like 7 March 2014 so a trip to Austria from 18 - 15 March would be first week without clashing with the holidays. I have had a look at the link earlier in this thread which suggests my understanding is wrong. Can anybody clarify and advise whether going away on 1 March would clash with Austrian holidays - I am aware it clashes with French ones but is that such a big deal if going to Austria.

Cheers
latest report
kb36, if you look here it seems you are well outside the Austrian school holidays (Semesterferien is the one to look at) However, the 1st March date is the beginning of the Fasching Week in all the places that have Carnival holidays - Bavaria, Baden-Würtemburg and some other states in Germany for example. The Monday, Tuesday and to a lesser extent, the Wednesday of that week will be a lot of fun due to the way in which the resorts celebrate the end of the Fasching period and the beginning of Lent.

By the week beginning the 15th March all the German and Austrian schools will have started up again and it will be less busy - I've booked a week starting 22nd March for example, specifically to miss all the crowds but it will still be quite a popular week with other countries and those not tied to school holidays.
snow conditions
kb36, unfortunately the austrian hols for 2014 aren't up yet on Semesterferien.
I found this though: http://www.austria.info/au/once-in-austria/public-holidays-school-holidays-daylight-savings-time-1181107.html
Christmas Holidays:
24/12/13 to 06/01/2014: all regions

Spring Break:
03/02/2014 – 08/02/2014: Vienna, Lower Austria
10/02/2014 – 15/02/2014: Tirol, Burgenland, Vorarlberg, Carinthia, Salzburg
17/02/2014 – 22/02/2014: Styria, Upper Austria

Easter Holidays:
12/04/2012 – 22/04/2014: all regions
snow conditions
very useful but sadly at my school we are bound by Feb half term. Good job drammeister though!
latest report
jakesy63, The holidays dates were there and are now also available for 2015, I was using them this morning with someone!

Unfortunately as the link I originally gave is in German, it appears many cannot navigate around it! I did spell out which holiday to look for but perhaps the language aspect was just too intimidating! wink The Austrian Tourist information page is a useful short term link though. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Been to the Dolomites (Arabba) for the last four years at half-term and rarely encountered any queues, apart from main valley lifts at peak times. Skied Val d'Isere the week before Christmas and it was just as busy there then as it is in Arabba in Feb.
snow conditions
For reference, the 2014-2015 holidays are here:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=107562
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy