Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

buying stuff in the resort?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,
Just a quick question, I've got some stuff to buy still before i leave next Saturday - wrist guards mainly and other bit and bobs , could i get it cheaper in the resort (L2A) rather than getting it here or online?

thanks!

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 30-03-13 18:03; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Much the same, probably.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
End of season sales and pound bouncing back against euro so yes. Other half just got a nice pair of Salomon ski boots for 175 euros last week.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
more choice there I would think
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
right... next question then, hiring in teh resort, what's the average price per day for a helmet ad goggles (if i need them) as UCPA do not provide these.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm pretty sure you would be able to hire helmets on their own, as opposed to as part of a ski hire package, but I have never seen goggles to hire...you may be as well off to try and buy some but do beware, fit against helmets can vary. When I bought mine, I already had goggles that were only one season old, and I found some helmets fit better than others when I tried them with my goggles.

Given that there are so many end of season bargains at the moment, I would seriously consider buying both helmet and goggles together so that you know they fit, and goggles are so personal, i.e. lens type, size, shape, I can't see what you would gain from hiring them, if this is indeed possible.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Rental helmets about 20euro for 6/7 days
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

I have never seen goggles to hire..

neither have I.

Quote:

Given that there are so many end of season bargains at the moment, I would seriously consider buying both helmet and goggles together so that you know they fit

I agree.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w wrote:

Quote:

Given that there are so many end of season bargains at the moment, I would seriously consider buying both helmet and goggles together so that you know they fit

I agree.

I was thinking of that, will give some thought when i get to L2A on saturday!! Very Happy snowHead
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy