Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Starting the grandchildren

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Next season, the parents and we the grandparents will be taking the two wee ones on their first ski holiday. They will be aged 6 and 5 and should by that time have had some dry slope time.

All I'm looking for is a suggestion or three for a suitable resort - primarily for the children but with some reasonable slopes for the parents to get off to on their boards while gran and grampa are on duty. Flaine comes to mind because of its reputation as a family resort but I haven't been there to know for sure.

Anyway, any confirmation of Flaine or suggestions of other resorts within comfortable driving distance of airports like Geneva, Chambery Lyon, or Grenoble?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Les Gets would also fit the bill.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ha ha, first read that as starving the grandchildren.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks Rob. Easy transfer from Geneva gives it a plus.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Basil, pardon? Didnt quite catch that! Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ccl, La Rosiere is great for kids and there's plenty for adults too.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Basil, Should have gone to specsavers
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Flaine is good dependent on accommodation, you do have to choose wisely.
But a great starting point, plus plenty of runs you could do without any kind of pass for the little ones.
Fantastic for the big kids. Have been maybe seven times. Chemmy first skied there at five or even younger.

Have just stayed at Le Viking in Morzine which i must say in the seven trips to seven different areas i have done with the kids it was by far the best.
Novelty factor with being up the mountain, convenience to slopes, loads of other english kids, nursery slope with a magic carpet (free) 10 metres from the front door.

Wild card, Saalbach, nursery slopes right in the village if the snow is sufficient, next progression is just above the village, accessed from one heated lift. Again for big kids it is a fantastic area. Or Hinterglemm which has loads of easy access slopes direct from the village.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks snowyowl and Ian. Accommodation is more important with the children than if were just for us and I reckon on starting looking around for a good children friendly chalet company.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ccl, you need to think hard about "when" too. Try to persuade all concerned to let you take them out of school but beware of all the other non-British school holidays.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ccl - one thing to think about - at 5 or 6 they may get a lot of value out of having access to a pool in some way. When my two were that age they spent mornings in lessons, picnic lunhc somewhere, a couple of hours playing then Grandma and Grandpa took them for a swim whilst mum and dad had an apres beer!!

FWIW we went (and still go) to Residences Les Nevada in Tignes, via the direct Eurostar to Bourg St Maurice and use Evolution2 ski school which has a Petit Yeti class that would be ideal for 5 and 6 yr olds. Not a cheap option by any means but we've done it 4 times now (and once again this Saturday coming)
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
+1 for Les Gets, great learning zone for kids that age, really nice wide blues for them too once they re up and off.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy