Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Big snow falls in the American North West

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Pic: www.coastphoto.com

There have been big snow falls in the American North West over the last week, with reports of up to a metre of snow at the top of Lake Louise and more over in Whistler Blackcomb. www.snow-forecast.com is predicting further heavy falls of snow over the next 6 days at Whistler and moderate falls at Lake Louise. ...

Here are some pictures and text posted by intrepid Teton Gravity Researchers from Lake Louise, and there's a whole gallery of pictures from Whistler / Blackcomb here. snowHeads are already on the case here and here.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Vancouver was recently voted the 'best place to live in the World'. Looking at the first link in this post, I'm inclined to think they might be right. wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Red Leon wrote:
Vancouver was recently voted the 'best place to live in the World'. Looking at the first link in this post, I'm inclined to think they might be right. wink

Yeah, it looks great in winter. Of course, the downside is that the rest of the year would be like living in Manchester. Rain, rain and more rain. With less pubs Shocked
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
alan empty,

"Beaches, ski resorts, mountains, great weather and friendly people ..." or so it says in the Yahoo report. Never been there myself so I'm reliant on 3rd party info. rolling eyes
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
alan empty,

Mind you, research shows that you could be right!! Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I do remember when we landed there a few years ago that there seemed to be a reasonable amount of swimming pools in back gardens. We did wonder about whether it would be a great place to live and my wife checked the weather every day one summer (and various estate agents). Maybe it was a bad summer but it mostly seemed to colder and wetter than London.

I'd love to live there for a year though just to see. It's a beautiful area and I enjoyed the 5 or 6 days we were there.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
BUt go inland a bit and you escape the wet weather - it's warm and sunny enough around the Okanagan to grow grapes and peaches. And there's little enough summer rain that a lot of the area is technically classified as desert! Kelowna, which is the biggest town - and inside an hours drive to 2 good resorts, plus several smaller ones - has 22.3cm of rain and 104cm of snow in an average year, compared to 111.7cm of rain and 54.9cm of snow in Vancouver (source: http://www.penticton.ca/community/quality.asp)

Four true seasons - hotter and drier in summer than here, cold enough for good snow in winter (but not as cold as over in the Rockies), drier snow than the coastal stuff they get at Whistler, fantastic lakes (with beaches), good skiing.... Can you tell I like it?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks fo that info Okanagan. Interesting - "22.3cm of rain and 104cm of snow in an average year, compared to 111.7cm of rain and 54.9cm of snow in Vancouver". I keep re-reading that because I think I must be reading it incorrectly! Sound's incredible.

I've actually been to Penticton, although only for a day and night whilst driving east. I liked the lake and found a cool second-hand bookstore. The town itself seemed a little...odd. It was a bit like a film where everything was superficially normal but there's lots of weird stuff bubbling away underneath. Or possibly I was tired from the drive Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy