Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

THe things snowboarders will do to make their "sport" more interesting...

Poster: A snowHead
http://www.extremecarving.com/photos/photos.html

Why don't they take up skiing instead?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That's the nearest thing to (safe) sex with snow I've ever seen - I can see the appeal of that.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
er, why don't carving skiers try carving boards, then?

Actually, hardboot eurocarving like in the link is a fairly esoteric minority in boarding - who get the mickey taken. However there's some great tech articles on the physics of carving on http://www.bomberonline.com which helped my softboot riding a lot. Worth reading
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not actually that new and seeing a hardbooter lay down big carves at speed is truly impressive.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Most boarders take up those positions most of the time as far as I can see, this lot must have got a snow spray to make it look as if they are moving wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Not sure I understand. Have boarders now taken to lying on the piste instead of just sitting around on it? Puzzled
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Is that turning or falling with style?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yawn... come on surely you guy's must be able to come up with something a little bit more original by now..

Anyway how could we possibly make our sport more interesting?? ... find a nice confy spot to take in the view, sit down with your mates.. and spark up a jibber wink

You skiers.. your all the same... it's all rush rush rush... must pick up little Tarquin from ski school and make sure his au pair hasn't been abducted by some ruffian snowboarders Laughing

Jealousy will get you nowhere NehNeh

snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mike Lawrie, Some of the time may have been more accurate than most of the time, in the spring anyway a lot of them seem to be lying around. I am getting worried 'cos my young Tarquin likes lying around and may yet turn to the dark side.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
As someone who used to ski, and now boards, I can confirm that snowboarding is already more "interesting" (by which I mean fun) than skiing snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
David Murdoch,

Quote:

Because you can't do that on skis Puzzled

Don't you skiers find it more appealing than the jumpy-spinny skate park snowboard image?

Have you seen the videos (Lifted is the best). That is a black run they are doing it on. The acceleration you feel diving headfirst into a frontside carve is like a fairground ride.

Now I am also impressed by good ski carvers and at the local places here (Hoch Ybrig in particular) you get a lot of good club skiers who don't waste energy skidding. But it is different to alpine boarding - clinical and efficient it is more about speed than g forces.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
my friend's started boarding... Darksider!
From The Skier's Dictionary by Henry Beard and Roy McKie -

Snowboard.

Definition: A broad plank of wood designed for 'snow-surfing' with a flat side onone side and a fat head on the other.

Oisin Osh Kelly, no offence, just the usual rinsing of boarders... teeheehee!
Julia
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Oisin Osh Kelly, I thought we'd seen the last of these childish comments from our skiing friends.
They obviously don't understand how boarding is more social than skiing and that sitting with mates, enjoying the views is as much part of the day as tearing through fresh powder.
At least crazy_skier_jules, seems to have a sense of humour - a rare thing for a "two planker" wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Even though the style of hard-boot alpine board riding is unfavoured by the general boarding community (you know, the one that revitalised a stagnant and elitist snowsports scene) it still looks much more graceful than anybody whom carries the dreaded "sticks of shame".
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ahem... okay Philip, Richie... this year.. I thought... I am a little mature... I will pass on doing down our brothers who feel the necessity to carry sticks .. coz they fall over without them.. but then I realised... it's my waistline that has expanded .. not my intellect... so

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=190250#190250 has been resurrected... and boy did it make me laugh this morning...

so ski-ers..... come and do your worst Razz

Crazy_Skier_jules never never any offence taken it's all in good spirits.. that is unless people start pointing out my spelling issues
Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Have you guys seen the movies?

Seriously, go here:
http://www.extremecarving.com/movies/movies03.html

And get the elecro ambient version.

Even if you have dialup you won't regret it I promise....

A fantastic bit of footage...

(neilswingler I respectfully disagree Wink stoked1 is fantastic!!!!)

I think it should be compulsory viewing for all sliders!!

(and it's now the only music I associate with skiing and the only track that I'd ever have on if I used an mp3 player!!)
snow report
neilswingler wrote:
David Murdoch,

Quote:

Because you can't do that on skis Puzzled

Bet you can!

I've got a bit bored of the skier vs snowboarder thing. Don't skiers have snowboarders to thank for the introduction of carving skis? Puzzled

Enjoy the snow however you want. (But not on blades - I do have some prejudices!!)
snow report
lbt, want to know what the music is?

http://www.extremecarving.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=929&highlight=telepopmusic
snow report
I was soooo chuffed just to get a hand on the snow whilst carving, was on my last day at AdH too snowHead
snow conditions
lbt,

Nice viddy by the way. Very Torvill and Dean at the end Very Happy
ski holidays
Dave J wrote:
Nice viddy by the way. Very Torvill and Dean at the end Very Happy

Laughing Laughing
latest report
Dave J, have to say the tele picture looks quite stylish. Did you ever find any vids on that site with on-piste action - watching endless powder gets kind of tedious after a while wink
ski holidays
neilswingler, ta - I ended up buying the 4CD set "The New Classic Chillout Album" just for this track!
(Lots of other great stuff on there though - but this is the best although it's a slightly different mix)
On there it's attributed to "Mulsanne" BTW.
snow report
neilswingler wrote:
David Murdoch,

I've got a bit bored of the skier vs snowboarder thing. Don't skiers have snowboarders to thank for the introduction of carving skis? Puzzled

Enjoy the snow however you want. (But not on blades - I do have some prejudices!!)

At last come sense!!! Laughing Can't we just all get along... except for snowbladers yes... wink
latest report
Yes, we can all get along fine......as long as skiiers admit that boarding is better! NehNeh
snow report
neilswingler wrote:
Dave J, have to say the tele picture looks quite stylish. Did you ever find any vids on that site with on-piste action - watching endless powder gets kind of tedious after a while wink

Nah! It's all boring powder stuff I'm afraid Laughing
snow report
Great videos - I preferred Stoked over Lifted, personally. Do you need some sort of special super-grippy snow to carve turns like those? Anyone know where they were filming? Parts of it looked like Arc2000.

Those guys must be really really good - they seemed to be in control which is unusual for boarders in my experience. Toofy Grin

Note that they still end up lying in the middle of the piste at the end! NehNeh
snow report
Red Leon, they are all filmed in Zinal. There is nothing special about the conditions - typical hard but not icy mid winter snow.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
More carving videos with a different style:
http://pureboarding.kicks-ass.net/pureboarding/index.php?id=filme

I recommend Beyond The Limit. Particularly noteable for high speed fakie carving
snow conditions
impressive, especially the one were he comes all the way back around in a loop the loop carve!!!!

prefer the music to the first one though Wink
ski holidays
Impressive
snow report
open mind is all you need - currently learning race technique on planks and excited about starting my beginners tray lessons in 2 weeks - Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds - I reckon Einstein was a boarder or was that a skier? wink
latest report
Philip Prior wrote:
Yes, we can all get along fine......as long as skiiers admit that boarding is better! NehNeh

i wish i could board, alas, its 2 much like hard work to learn

and i dont want 100 broken bones trying
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy