Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Who flies to Geneva during the Summer? Other Cham in Summer tips?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Researching a climbing trip to Chamonix this Summer, June-Sept, however the obvious choice of Easyjet stop flying from B'ham in May. Flights continue from Manchester and Luton but can anyone help with flights from B'ham or East Midland, any airline?

Also swaying to a hire car unless anyone knows of transfers for less than the usual Winter price of €25?

Any good budget ideas for visiting Chamonix during the Summer?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
manicpb, I think they continue flying from Bristol, which might be closer to home, depending where you are based. Transfers unlikely to be cheaper in summer, and life will be much easier with a car.

As for budget, there's a hostel, which my niece stayed in in winter, and said was excellent. Also UCPA do some very good summer stuff. Worth a look at Action-Outdoors.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've done one climbing trip there, Vallorcine may be a bit cheaper to stay in, we rented an apartment for a few weeks.If you are there for longer then I'm not so sure. Contact the tourist office for options, I recall that they were very helpful.
If you are staying in the valley then the train is free (well last time I was there) although a car opens up some more areas.

(Or goto the Ecrin...)
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Avoid August.

A cheap appartment can work out as cheap as a hostal or even camping.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the replys,

We're in Walsall so Manchester is prob equal, but slightly easier, to Bristol. TBH I was only looking for flights to buy at the moment and then see how much available cash we have closer to the time for accommodation. If we couldn't push to a cheap B&B I'd always go for an apartment over a hostel.

Cant believe airlines just stop flying into Geneva once the Winter season finishes!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Cant believe airlines just stop flying into Geneva once the Winter season finishes!
because very few people from the UK holiday in the Alps in the summer! 'sobvious, really. UCPA have full board, instruction, guides etc in Chamonix for very reasonable prices £600 - £700. Bargain, given the price of engaging guides privately.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
manicpb wrote:
Researching a climbing trip to Chamonix this Summer, June-Sept, however the obvious choice of Easyjet stop flying from B'ham in May. Flights continue from Manchester and Luton but can anyone help with flights from B'ham or East Midland, any airline?

try skyscanner.net
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy