Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

'Ski Dimension' - Quick trip & conditions report

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just back from a wonderful few days in the Ski Dimension area - aka Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis - and what a great area it is too. Good lift system, not too crowded even in the German school holidays and lots of exciting steep pistes - most notably Lazid X-dream which I think must translate into Nightmare - the only time I've actually been scared for my life on piste.

Other highlights were the slightly easier blacks of Almpiste, Pezid and the intimidating (but actually OK) Direttissma where the number of the emergency services was printed on the piste markers, very reassuring... Too many great reds to mention, and a brilliant kids area above Ladis

We had 2 small nocturnal top ups during our 4 days which covered up some of the worst ice sheets lower down but most of the skiing is over 2000m where conditions are excellent. Runs to resort are mostly sugary artificial but it's perfectly feasible to downride the numerous bubbles into Fiss or Serfaus.

We stayed at the www.schlosshotel-fiss.com/en/ which is absolutely breathtaking - luxurious but not stuffy with friendly professional service. It's perfectly positioned and with the coolest lift (as in elevator) which whisked you up from the basement boot room to the piste just above the gondola stations. The food was exquisite too.

Only heard English once in the 4 days and they were Americans. Fellow guests were exclusively old-money Germans and very nice lot they are too.

All in all one of the all time great holidays and the ski area is well worth checking out for those who like a challenge and are tired of the usual honeypots.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sounds great. Enjoy trying places of the usual trail too Blush
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

the coolest lift (as in elevator) which whisked you up from the basement boot room to the piste just above the gondola stations.

I like the sound of that. snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
red 27,

Thanks for these comments. I've just started looking at resorts for our group's bash next year, and had been wanting to hear someone's views on Serfaus.

I've checked out the site for the Schlosshotel, but that's beyond our pockets unfortunately: it looks sumptuous!

Did you get a feel for the average cost of lunch/a beer/bottle of wine, on the mountain and around town?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy