Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

OK, Come On, Who Nicked The Curtains?

Poster: A snowHead
According to this in-depth and highly sophisticated survey, 69% of travelling Brits are thieving barstewards and 79% just plain filthy. Personally, I am neither so that increases the chances YOU ARE. And, by crikey, what does that make the French?

http://www.goodskiguide.com/authors/news/2013/3/19/thieving-brit-tourists/

Quote:
A double attack on British tourists, including skiers, has been launched this week.

According to two surveys some 69% of Brits thieve from hotels and 79 % admitted never washing before using hotels' spas.

There's a handy comments section at the bottom Toofy Grin

Now, please put those curtains back.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Excellent piece by John Hill, possibly the greatest ski journalist in his street.

I recently stayed in a ski hotel where there was nothing worth stealing.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
i just can't imaging anyone wanting to steal the light bulbs, i guess the batteries might find their way into some form of toy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I bet the hotel cleaning staff are actually resonsible for a large percentage of the nicking that goes on. Watch them go off shift and they all have these hefty bags of stuff, much of it property belonging to guests that has been accidently left which they are supposed to hand in.. They also nick a fair amount of the soap/toiletries/loo roll. I bet a fair amount of the linen and towels end up in those bags as well.

The spa thing is just insane. The only time I have been to a spa whilst skiing that has NOT told me to wear swim wear was in St Anton and then it was optional. I wouldn't generally shower prior to a sauna or hammam but I would def shower during and after one. I think the bigger question on the cleanliness front is who is not using the facilities to get clean rather than the habits of those that are. Bode Swiller, I think that's where the French come in Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
we have a fairly low turnover compared to hotels but have had at least one duvet, with covers, various sheets, one bed throw and innumerable pillows go walkabout.

TV remotes also seem to disappear. Puzzled
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ok I admit it - I have nicked a sheet and a chopping board from the apartment we stayed in last year Embarassed

To be fair, the chopping board was same as one we have, so thought it was ours from our 'kitchen stuff' and the sheet ended up in our wash by mistake!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Fortunately nothing more than an odd pillowcase (but not the pillow), teatowel and teaspoons. Oh and the battery out of the wall clock.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Comedy Goldsmith wrote:
Excellent piece by John Hill, possibly the greatest ski journalist in his street.

I recently stayed in a ski hotel where there was nothing worth stealing.

It would seem that you are correct, he seems to have a unpopular following.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quaglino ashtrays are a favourite of mine.

In ski apartments I have never seen any thing I would want to steal.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've never taken anything from an apartment, but I have left a few things that were purchased to replace missing items.

I've also had to make several electrical repairs, usually in France, Andorra or Spain.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:
In a bid to discover more about Britons' holiday habits a leading discount website, MyVoucherCodes asked 1,329 British people aged 18 and over 'Have you ever stolen from hotels while on holiday abroad?' More than two thirds, 69%, answered 'yes'.

Is it unfair to suggest that visitors to sites such as myvouchercodes are not wholly representative of the general population?

Is it also unfair to suggest that they're more likely to be bodrerline pikeys who can't turn down picking up a freebie if it's not bolted down?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Perhaps in response to views like this, I've recently been asked to put down an astonishing 2000 chf deposit (c £1400) on a small studio in Verbier, substantially more than what I'm paying to rent it or the week.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
albinomountainbadger, you are probably right , probably all in leisure ware.

But 2 courses at a Toby Chavery for two people just £12.50, who can complain?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
i am surprised nobody picked up on the *toy reference
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
CEM, ours plug straight into the mains.
ski holidays
Lost the middle out of the rubbish bin , Think they just threw it away with the rubbish!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy