Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

13 year old with broken hand???

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
OK folks my 13 year old broke a bone in her hand on Monday half way up the hand and she is in a half cast. We were due to be leaving for France next Wednesday but now have to go to the clinic on the Thuursday so will be leaving a day late. We were due to be sking from 6th to 13 t April in Tignes. She's an upper intermediate skier. She is adamant she will be fine to ski if she just stays on the beginner slope. Anyone else done anything like this? I know Dr's will say she shouldn't but I'm not convinced she'll be at any more risk than playing in the park with her friends. Also is there anything else to do in Tignes? It could be the worst holiday ever otherwise!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
it will probably hurt like hell.... broke my wrist many years ago and they set it in a short cast...the vibration was too much to withstand

more importantly would be is she insured???? you will certainly have to declare the injury and probably would not be covered for anything relating to further injury...many companies might not insure her at all, so best to check and pay the supplement if there is one
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jellybabe,

I've skied with a broken radius / arm in a cast. I only had one minor tumble and didn't experience any real difficulty. Apparently I should have informed my insurance company about it beforehand though. I would say that if she is happy to give it a go and not do anything silly then it would probably be OK.

Do you know which bone she has broken?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You may need a fit-to-fly note too, one of our group needed one when he broke his hand in a work related incident just before we flew (he was bouncer). Doubt you'll need to have a split cast but may be worth checking with the airline to see their regulations.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks folks. Well insuance sorted through Insure and Go (thanks to an old post on here) they are covering her and her existing injury on an annual multi trip with winter sports so next years ski trip covered to at £60 for the both of us which I think is pretty good under the cirumstances. She's pain free at the moment so we are going to give it a go but only on the beginner slope.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
For what it's worth I skied 4 weeks after breaking a bone in my hand, the first week after it was broken (nasty break diagonally across bone one bit rising up over other) it was moderately painful, after that it was fine and I didn't have a cast, bloody hospital didn't even re align bones (there was a 1 cm high bump on back of hand where bone had rissen up) I did that myself, when I went back to fracture clinic about 5 days after break there comment was didn't that hurt ? Mine was yes for about 30 seconds then it hurt an awful lot less than it had been with teh skin stretched over the end of a jagged bone ! My hand took no damamage during the holiday as in 4 weeks skiing I fell just once at slow speed onto the other side
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy