Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Your favourite runs?

Poster: A snowHead
You're taking someone to the area for the first time ( based in Morzine)
Which runs are not to be missed ? (Not black or too steep)
Please include resort and lift with your answers!!
I'm there this weekend for three days so what's good now?
Advice very much appreciated as the pds piste map is overwhelming!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The one that gets you to the bar Laughing
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Any real suggestions? Genuine request.
Did I post this in the wrong place? Leaving today and would appreciate some tips.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
jadavi, my favourite runs are in the Südtirol. It's been a long time since I was last at Morzine. I do remember a nice run at Morzine, but can't get a piste map on my phone to check which run it is. Maybe later on in the day. It was a nice cruisy run through trees that the kids enjoyed before their ability level passed mine
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Morzine - the run down from the top of nyon is a really nice red. The cruisey red down into le gets from the belvedere is good also. Yeti is a nice easy black, as blacks go!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I read that on my small phone screen as 'your favourite nuns' , but could not think if any.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I did a couple of brilliant ones from the top of Mont Chery in the PDS last week. A red called Marmottes I think and a black called Mouflon. Did Tulipe from the top of Ranfoilly a few times too - great views from the top.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Plaine Dranse sector heading over towards Chatel-Linga. Otherwise, the ones on Mont Chery, Marmottes, etc.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have a soft spot for Piste B on Pleney, especially the first 2/3rds. It's a bit low and the snow can be crap, and it's only a blue... but it winds through the trees and has a lovely little rather steep bit (for a blue) which gave me a target for my first trip last year. The last bit is pretty crap though.

Aside from that, Tulipe is nice (from top of Ranfoilly lift), and I quite like Eglantine (next to Yeti, top of Rosta lift) for a short quick blast.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Run down from Areitbahn 1 in Zell - stop off half way down at the Schoberalm. Goulash soup served in a bread bowl with a large weizen beer. Good red slope down to the town.

What more do you want? Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Luc Alphand in Serre Chevalier is an enjoyable whizz when quiet.

Also the Combe Saulire in the 3V Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
(Completely missing the Morzine angle of this thread and reminiscing, misty-eyed)
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Lindarets area is worth checking out. Lifts can get busy though.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Blue 36 from Avoriaz on this map, starts from the bottom of the Stade lift. Do it at the very end of the day, on a sunny day, and wait until 5 minutes after they put the closed sign on it. It's a stunning, easy, scenic blue through the trees down to Les Prodains - and in the late afternoon shadows/sun, with no-one else on it, it's magical. Free and regular short bus ride to Morzine at the bottom.

http://www.imorzine.com/images/maps/planpistesavoriaz.jpg
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Harry Flashman, I did this last week. Someone overheard me moaning that I had to go down to Les Prodains on the cable car and suggested I follow this instead. It was exactly as you describe, lovely run.
latest report
I was back on my skis for the first time since fracturing my pelvis in January and decided that my favourite run is one with nobody else on. It was a beautiful day, and fairly busy with quite a lot of day trippers and although the skiing was fine I was a bit nervous of other skiers. So my favourite today was the Perdrix in Les Saisies, an easy black, which myself and two friends had practically to ourselves and which has a nice welcoming café at the bottom where the proprietress greets us like long lost friends. snowHead
latest report
I used to love the Avoriaz run that went down to the top of the Gondola the went down to Morzine.

It wasn't anything special, I think it was just the right steepness for me with a nice hairpin halfway down and some uppy downy bits Smile
snow conditions
Harry Flashman, - that may be just the one!
snow conditions
This one was nice:

ski holidays
Redacted,

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 21-03-13 15:10; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Looks like yeti in the foreground and eglantine further away in front of the really-disgusting-toilets place. Unless it's somewhere completely different!
ski holidays
Based in morzine and assuming full PdeS pass I would recommend the Panoramique in Torgon sector on a ncie day for great views of Lac Leman and Montreux and across towards Villars

I would also recommend the Grand Paradis but beware there is a bit of a poling section in the middle.

Anything near the new and good Chamoissiere lift in the Morzine/Les Gets sector.
snow conditions
Yeti off the Rosta lift

Marmottes on Mt Chery

Creux and Arbis off Chamossiere

Tulipe, coming to it from the Ranfolly lift, I could do that run all morning and still have fun.
ski holidays
Abricotine in Avoriaz right of the Mossettes chair, right down to Ardent through Lindarets, is my favourit. Don't know why, just is.
ski holidays
Lieve off the troncs chair in the nyon area, down to the bottom of the nyon chair. Option to use the chamois red too. Go mid afternoon and eat in nyon
ski holidays
justatheory, now where have I seen that pic before? wink
snow report
+1 countryman, fav scenic route: le Grand Paradis (Champéry)

all-time fav: la Perdrix Blanche (Linga)

fav long run, big drop (top to bottom), Avoriaz, start higher than the 36 mentioned above: Stade d'Arare + Crot down to Prodains + navette back to Morzine (even more fun if you take the blacks off the top of les Hauts Forts)

or go to the cafe at the Pas de Chavanette (Avoriaz) and watch others ski/fall down the Mur Suisse
snow report
Carlos the Slackal, Singletrack!!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
jadavi, as you can see (if you ever look at this thread when you get back), you have to allow longer for answers on here, especially with a question that only a few on here will know about. Posting late in the evening before you go is too late.
snow conditions
Saying it's just for Morzine would help too.
ski holidays
neil_b,

Quote:

+1 countryman, fav scenic route: le Grand Paradis (Champéry)

all-time fav: la Perdrix Blanche (Linga)

You got it right there. Grand Paradis some nice red run skiing in stunning scenery (and usually quiet) followed by that trundle down the valley miles from anything.

Perdix Blanche is great as is the off piste area to its left (mind the cliffs) which inexplicably some locals call the donkey's knob
ski holidays
Puzzled

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sat 23-03-13 13:44; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Justa, I know it well.....

My friend the Captain tells me all about it. wink
snow conditions
Marmottes on Mt Chery is great, the first bit is like skiing into the sky:

latest report
My favourite runs.....have no name.... Twisted Evil
ski holidays
calgary365, I love that bit - gorgeous panaroma.
snow conditions
martinm wrote:
Harry Flashman, - that may be just the one!

Did you give it a go, as a last, post closing run on a sunny afternoon? Hope so.

Love that run as a warm-down/day-ender! Beer at the bottom, and then 10 minute bus back to the centre of Morzine. Magic.
snow report
Stayed in Avoriaz both times, so no!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy