Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to go with Esprit 14-21st April

Poster: A snowHead
I had a holiday booked to St Anton for the above week but I have just had a call from Esprit to say the resort is closing a week early and try are offering us any of their other holidays / resorts for what we have paid.

So given the week and wanting the best chance of snow where would you guys suggest

Immediate options I have been given are Obergurgl, Tignes or Belle Plagne

Any thoughts?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tignes.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
NickyJ, Cancel your booking with Esprit and go independent, some great deals at hotels that week, eg Banyan. Nothing wrong with St Anton that week.........i'm going anyway on 18th for the weekend.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tignes. Definitely. Blush
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
NickyJ, http://www.stantonamarlberg.com/images/stories/pdf-dateien/skipass/arlbergerbergbahn_winter_e.pdf

Nothing wrong with Tignes btw, but IMO if you booked St Anton in the first instance there's nothing stopping you going if thats where you originally wanted to go. If Esprit have pulled out early (for likely poor bookings volumes etc) then catch a bargain by booking direct, its real easy.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Markymark29, but the resort is closing, it seems.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Zermatt's worth a check. Inghams maybe. The full lift system remains open until the 21 April, I think. Or there's linked Cervinia, of course, over the hill.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pam w, I'm out there for the Weisse Rausche on 20th April. Judging by the resort snow I skied on two weeks ago St Anton has more than enough snow depths all over the mountain to last well past that date. I reckon Markymark is spot on, Inghams are consolidating their end of season costs.

NickyJ, You should consider going independent, there's a lot of late season deals even on booking.com
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skimastaaah, if that's the case then NickyJ has been told lies, which is just not acceptable; I would just insist on a refund, as you suggest and either book independently in St Anton or go elsewhere.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hmmm that is very annoying at being lied however I am not sure what I can do about it. The ski hire place we are booked with is in the same building as we were staying in so must be linked to the decision. However Esprit had got as far as issuing me my eTickets for the flights this morning and some of my options require different flights.

I am keen on Esprit as I particuarly like the setup for the girls with a 3yr old and 6yr old the joined up Childcare makes our lives very easy and if they enjoy it even half as much as Ellie did last time (when she was 4) then they will both have a fantastic time in the snow clubs and lessons.

There is an added complication that it is still touch and go how much skiing I will be able to do and there is a chance I may need to cancel some of my prebooked stuff like lift passes and ski hire. I am determined that I will be able to ski and there is hope, but booking a new holiday now will necessitate new insurance whch may be problematic with a currently dodgy knee.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
St Anton looks like its stoping open to at least the 22nd of April, some good late snow too so no reason to close. For hotels in Austria with great childcare try KINDERHOTELS, we go to the ellmauhof in Hinterglemm, honestly you wont look back.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
NickyJ, St Anton website Lift Pass details still showing 21st April season finish. Confused
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks I don't like being lied to, however I am not prepared to cut nose either.

I will speak to them about the fact they lied though!

I have tried to go to the Kinderhotels web page but it doesn't work on a mobile devices so will look later.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
NickyJ, it won't make any difference to your insurance about your knee, you would need to tell them about your knee anyway and they will either say you won't be covered for anything relating to your knee or you will and it will be x amount additional premium. Although if you had to cancel your holiday now because of your knee then I guess that would be covered as the knee injury has happened since you took out the insurance. I guess what I am trying to say is don't let the insurance issue affect your decision.

Bad show on the part of Esprit but it could mean that you could get a full refund and grab a bargain! Mark Warner are showing Tignes and Val d'Isere for decent prices and of course they have the full childcare stuff too.

Good luck with sorting something Smile
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
You could always try Gran Canaria that week.
latest report
Quote:

I guess what I am trying to say is don't let the insurance issue affect your decision.

Yes, I think that's exactly right.
snow conditions
NickyJ, if you do take one of Esprits alternatives I would compare their current prices with what you have paid and be sure to claim any refund you may be due for the inconvenience of being messed about.
snow report
The insurance I bought through Esprit as well this is why I believe it will invalidate the policy if I cancel.

Because I booked so early it was early bird prices with decent discounts so current brochure price is more than I paid. I checked Mark Warner as they have a place in St Anton but presumebly that isn't open that week as it only offered me availability the week before. Checked Neilson and Crsytal and Kinderhotels none can offer me St Anton for that week, so unless I go I independently and try and find a nanny (a lot less fun for the girls than being with groups of kids there age), we aren't going to be going to St Anton. We are very disappointed as we went there about 11yrs ago and absolutely loved the area.

I have decided to go for their flagship chalet hotel with hot tubs and spas and swimming pool in as I would never pay there brochure prices and see that as the consolation prize for not getting to go where we wanted. Plus with the extra hotel facilities and the state my knee is in I will probably make use of them. However I need to make sure I can cancel my ski hire (only thing I booked independently) and they won't charge me the extra costs of thing like lift passes which work out A LOT more expensive.
snow report
NickyJ, yes but they are advertising all of those holidays on their late availability offers page so worth checking your earlybird deal against the offer prices. I certainly would not be paying any additional amounts to Esprit for anything at all, they are messing you about here so if the lift passes or whatever are more expensive then they should absorb that cost. You should not have to pay a penny more for the alternative holiday. Also if you can't cancel your ski hire without charge then Esprit should pay that or should give you equivalent ski hire at the new destination free of charge.

Re. your insurance, you need to tell them about your knee or any subsequent claim could be difficult.

Anyway, looks as if you have decided on Belle Plagne so hope you have a really great time there snowHead
snow report
That is exactly what my approach will be if I will make sure that I am getting the same whole package that I booked with paying more, otherwise I will cancel and from what I have read I will also be entitled to compensation. I hope it won't come to can feeling as I would much rather go skiing and have a nice holiday. I have checked their "special offer prices" and for the accommodation part I paid quite a lot less for that accomodation.

Although AlpinResorts will refund my ski hire they can't put it bank on the card as the card expired in Jan and now i need to get them International banking numbers etc.
snow report
Quote:

now i need to get them International banking numbers etc.

you might find all the numbers you need on a recent bank statement.
latest report
My mum suggested the same Happy

I do have some old ones at home (at some point they decided to stop sending paper ones)

Thanks

We are all booked in to Belle Plagne now (though haven't had the reissued invoice. She made sure all the same lift passes and Childcare were on and made no mention of charging extra.
latest report
NickyJ, you can probably get the IBAN etc on the internet if you log on to your account.

Enjoy your holiday in Belle Plagne. snowHead
latest report
Yes tried that but could have missed as I was using a mobile device, did try the work computer (for a larger screen) but that just stalled suspect the firewall stopped it working. The gentlemen I spoke to said they sent need it straight away if I give it the tomorrow they will sort it then.

Thanks - after all the hassle (my knee is inlcuded in that) I hope we get there and have a great time.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy