Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Helmets. Here we go again.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
http://www.bbc.com/travel/feature/20130314-skiing-and-the-helmet-dilemma?OCID=twtvl&utm_source=buffer&buffer_share=79e5d
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:
BBC Travel (international version)

We're sorry but this site is not accessible from the UK as it is part of our international service and is not funded by the licence fee. It is run commercially by BBC Worldwide, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the BBC, the profits made from it go back to BBC programme-makers to help fund great new BBC programmes. You can find out more about BBC Worldwide and its digital activities at www.bbcworldwide.com.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's a bait thread, to provoke discussion of BBC charging policy, and use of VPNs.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Must say that url is tricky. Got to it via a proxy server, but that couldn't cope with the java script nad Flash. I give up.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jbob wrote:
It's a bait thread, to provoke discussion of BBC charging policy, and use of VPNs.

OK - I'll nibble. What is the point of the BBC blocking this from UK users? I'm sure I'm being thick but wtf?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Something from the BBC I can see without a poxy, may good what do I not pay my TV tax (licence) for ?

I read this off facearsebook weloveski post, left my comments on there. But why not quote myself here, Can you plagiarise yourself?

Quote:
2 points I think. 1, "the good weather in France makes people ski faster"? NO the brutally groom slopes allowing people to ski faster is the cause. 2, Wearing a helmet makes you ski faster? I don't think anyone over the age of 20 does that, maybe they ski faster because the skis nowadays allow you to ski faster. Other than that not a bad feature for the BBC.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A reasonably balanced article, came out in favour of helmet usage overall, but also pointed out the chances of a head injury are pretty slim and the misplaced invulnerability some might feel wearing one.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
'BBC Worldwide'

Not if you can't get it in the UK it ain't Smile
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Is it this one? A few months old but on the "normal" BBC site...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-16745259

This is worth it for the Jimmy Saville quote, I wonder if the reporter told him afterwards Very Happy

Ooops! A YEAR and a few months old...
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Can't see the article as in the UK, but doubt anything that could be written wouldn't just be running over the same old ground.

Maybe if someone able to see it could do a repost...
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Try this http://www.bbc.com/travel/feature/20130314-skiing-and-the-helmet-dilemma

I am not in UK so cannot check it plays there. JamesGurney link above is a shortened version.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Richard_Sideways wrote:
Can't see the article as in the UK, but doubt anything that could be written wouldn't just be running over the same old ground.

Indeed...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Chasseur Sir, I must protest! I recently started a helmet thread of unusal importance on this august website and your casual dismissal of it and all other helmet related threads does no credit either to yourself or this esteemed internet facility. Unless you rescind your callous and arbitrary link above I shall be forced to cancel my subscription (such as it is).

Yours,

Disgruntled of Udderly-on-the-Bottom, HERTS
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
RattytheSnowRat, cheerio then... Toofy Grin

Its the Udderly-second-from-bottom. SnowRats clearly have limited reading ability and poor sight and a propensity for flouncyness.

We'll have no cowardlyness (geddit?) and an apology if you don't mind.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
RattytheSnowRat wrote:

Disgruntled of Udderly-on-the-Bottom, HERTS

Is that near Tunbridge Wells.

quick question - If you were not disgruntled you would be gruntled. If you were gruntled would you send a different letter?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy