Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

body armour !!!

Poster: A snowHead
Absolute beginner never been before and off to switzerland on Sat.Do i need some form of protection in the way of body armour for someone who has turned 50.If so what should i buy.Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rob1000, Are you being stalked by an assassin? If not, no.

Anyway, welcome to Snowheads snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rob1000,

Are you skiing or boarding?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ha hope not,spare paid for ticket going so thought why not
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skiing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you're skiing, consider getting a helmet. You don't really need anything else as a beginner.
If you're snowboarding, definitely get a helmet and some impact shorts, and it might be worth considering wrist guards as well.

If you're really worried you can get a spine protector or a soft impact vest or shirt, but you definitely don't need such a thing. Your money would be better spent on more lessons, cos they'll be much more effective at keeping you in one piece wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I don't think any armour is particularly helpful for skiing. When you fall you will rupture your ACL or break your leg, and no amount of armour is going to help with that. You can defend yourself against the more common snowboarding injuries with armour, so it is worthwhile getting some if you are going to board.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

When you fall you will rupture your ACL or break your leg

well I fractured my pelvis and my snowboarding armoured knickers would actually probably have prevented that!

Nonetheless, I'd agree that there is no need for anything other than a helmet and lots of top quality lessons.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

When you fall you will rupture your ACL or break your leg

FFS. Laughing

You make it sound as though that happens every time anyone falls over.

rob1000, recreational wintersports are nothing like as hazardous as people would have you believe. Spend your money on Nutella pancakes instead.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks guys got one to one lesson booked 2 hours after arriving,and another for sunday
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
sounds good Lizzard
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rob1000, and my fracture was my first injury of any significance since 1985, despite learning to snowboard, which means doing plenty of falling.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rob1000,

As you are skiing I would say just a helmet. As pam w suggests some padded snowboarding shorts might come in handy, but would be a bit of overkill. If you are a fairly fit 50 I wouldn't worry.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I have invested in a car radar parking system with back and front detectors attached to my jacket, which give me audioable warning if any t#t is going to crash into me. Useful in queues as well, have to remember to turn it off in bubbles as the constant pipping can be wearing.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Cynic, Laughing

They'll be inventing air bags for skiers soon too.............

.............What do you mean they already have????
ski holidays
You can never be too careful especially in the lift lines. Best to equip yourself with a joust and shield as well.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy