Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

avoriaz lift pass

Poster: A snowHead
HI ALL FIRST POST HERE, WE ARE A GROUP OF FOUR GOING TO AVORIAZ ON THE 11TH APRIL FOR 5 DAYS, WE ARE STAYING IN THE PV ELECTRA APARTMENTS, WHAT LIFT PASS DO WE NEED TO GET AS NEITHER OF US HAVE BEEN BEFORE, WE ARE TWO SNOW BOARDERS AND TWO SKIERS, THANKS FOR ANY SUGESTIONS Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
scarey, welcome to snowheads. My first suggestion would be to turn off CAPS lock as it is considered to be shouting in online forums. As for lift pass, you can get one just for avoriaz or one for the whole portes du soleil region which includes several other resorts. If you are all complete beginners, then the Avoriaz pass will have plenty to keep you occupied. If you want to explore a bit you should get the big pass. Enjoy.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers Monkey sorry for shouting ! Im just a lazy typer Very Happy , I did think about the other resorts but as we are going late I thought Morzine might be struggling with snow, the two skiers are advanced so they may need a bit of variety, do you know the best place to get them, and does the Avoriaz pass get you entry into the stash or do you need to pay extra. cheers scarey
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Stash is included in the Avoriaz pass. Personally I would go for the pds pass as it includes Champery/Les Crosets on the Swiss side (including the famous Swiss Wall for the advanced skiers), and a great area for all down to Chatel

Morzine/Les gets should still be open OK unless there is a heatwave between now and then, but for 5 days there is plenty in Avoriaz, Champery and Chatel
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
just a word of caution, the Swiss resorts may not be open that late, they tend to close at the end of Easter week, simply because after that, people do not come, regardless of snow conditions, so it is uneconomic to keep the lifts open.

The Telemorgins website has a special pass offer up to 7th April which suggests to me that this may be when it all closes down.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sanman, fair point. Champery is saying 14th April, Chatel 21st April
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks guys cannot wait now first trip in years and first go at snow boarding at 45 ! Bring on the stash lol
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have tried many websites to buy the PDS pass for 134 euros for 4 days, but when I click to buy it sends me to the Avoriaz pass that will only allow me to buy 2 days Puzzled , any suggestions as to where to get them as we are going in two weeks

cheers
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi

Ring skiholidayextras as we have used them for a few years and they are quite good.

Bear in mind you would need to collect the lift pass from Morzine, however if you use SHE.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
you could just buy them when you get there. I don't think there is any online discount unless you are recharging an existing pass (which to be honest is a pain and not really worth the effort)
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
we are only going for the weekend so was hoping to save some time by getting them in advance
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
scarey, mate... Are you going for 5 days or just the weekend...? I was in Chatel at half term and we spent pretty much most of the week up over int eh Avoriaz region... The Swiss resorts and Chatel are great but IMO, as a border, a bit of a pain to get around... Lots of drags/T-bars and short runs between them, so you can feel like you are just riding between lifts, instead of getting some quality riding done... Just IMO of course... Smile

If you're staying up in Avoriaz, I would go for the Avoraiz lift pass for the first day and see how you get on... The 'only' downside to this is that you can not get beyond Lindarets, and there is some nice stiff on the way over to Pres (in the Chatel region).

Whatever you do, do not head down to the bottom of the Chatel Valley in the middle of the day... The lift queues at Easter hols will be huge... Did it once at half term and avoided it for the remainder of the time out there...

Have fun anyway mate... Snowing today as well. There will be loads of snow for toy play in... Smile
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
scarey, If you buy them online, you'll still have to collect them, so any time saving over buying them in resort will be negligible, particularly when compared to the stress you will have to put yourself through to actually buy them online.

As a boarder, I pretty much agree with what AlpineAddict, said, but if anyone is a bit more adventurous, there are some nice off piste options in the next valley over from Lindarets which you'll need the PdS pass for. Like AlpineAddict, I would steer clear of the swiss resorts because they aren't very board friendly (again, unless you want to look for slightly more adventurous off piste options)
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
thanks for all your replies there are 3 boarders and 2 advanced skiers in our group now, our first day is the 12th April which isnt a holiday in the Uk but not sure in France, do you know where is the best place to get them in the resort ?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Don't know for sure mate, but the tourist offices, in most resorts, sell lift passes, and are usually a lot less busy than the lifts themselves...
ski holidays
There is a lift pass office in the middle of Avoriaz (close to the Tourist Office Building) or you can get your pass down at the bottom where you exit the lift up from Prodains. If you are staying at the top of the village you can ski/board down to either office to get your pass.

I have stayed in Avoriaz loads and agree that there is plenty of skiing to be had with the Avoriaz pass but we always go for the full PDS pass as we dont want to limit ourselves as to where we can and cant go. It's not that much more expensive and it also allows us to get to our favourite lunch spot over in Plaine Dranse Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy