Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Rosiere Avalanche

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys,

Not posted since I started my season here. Too bloody busy!

Unfortunately it's bad news. Avalanche under the top of the Ecudets chair has killed one and put another in critical condition. Both are British tourists. It happened about midday.

Not sure what equipment they had etc but reports are only just surfacing in the town. More to follow.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
parkesy, French reports suggest the fatality was Czech and was wearing a transceiver but it took about 20 minutes to locate him and dig him out.
See also http://www.dna.fr/actualite/2013/03/18/un-skieur-tcheque-tue-par-une-avalanche-en-savoie
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
http://alpes.france3.fr/2013/03/18/un-mort-dans-une-avalanche-la-rosiere-savoie-218593.html
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Strange, some conflicting reports online and here.

Chinese whispers I guess.

Wonder why it took so long to dig him out?!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
parkesy wrote:
Wonder why it took so long to dig him out?!

20 minutes will fly by when you are trying to find a signal, when you find it, locate the victim, and then dig them out, all in avy debris, assuming you are already on the scene
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
20 minutes is not long to dig out someone who is buried over a metre deep.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I suppose so.

Unfortunately another person died on the bordercross area yesterday as well. Broke their neck in a freak fall.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Shame.
I no wonder about the boarder cross. Sometimes it's been built up goes hard and then you see people with little control hurtling down it. It was going to happen.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Broke their neck in a freak fall.

From what I've seen of boarder cross many falls could result in a broken neck - doesn't have to be a freak fall. Sad
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
And that applies in spades in a park with big jumps.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Very sad either way. Will find out the details today with a bit more clarity.

Needless to say I will be taking it easy for a while
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy