Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Unparalleled luxury please....

Poster: A snowHead
Afternoon,

Can anybody suggest a top drawer hotel to stay in in Europe ?

Not overly bothered about the resort, but Ski-in, Ski-out would be a definate bonus.....Have several options already open, but was wondering if anyone knew of any hidden gems.

The due to be newly appointed (and annointed) Mrs Guvnor wants to take a weeks slopeside relaxation whilst I clock up a few clicks. Given this will be only a month or so into our married life, we require a very a comfy chambre and a major case of being spoilt rotten restaurant wise.

Given that we will only have been back from honeymoon for a couple of weeks, we are looking for Europe only.....sorry to our trans-atlantic chums - may take a trip back over your way next year.

I await your response
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I can't recommend any specific hotels, but I would have thought Wengen or Zermatt would have something suitable - otherwise St Moritz - very underrated ski-ing there. A top Swiss hotel is indeed very lux.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
http://www.hotelkilimandjaro.com/indexgb.html
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I agree with rob@rar.org.uk, and there are some other rather splendid hotels in Courchevel 1850. I would also recommend Hotel Fitzroy in Val Thorens as snow sure and ski in ski out as you will get. Restaurant is fab and there is a spa as well for the newly appointed lady in tow...........................
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Guvnor, I'd guess and say Badrutt's Palace Hotel in St Moritz ought to be on the list, or possibly the Palace Hotel in Gstaad both of these will be in the really luxury hotel catagory.

Coming down to more reasonable levels, in Wengen I'd Suggest the Park or Sunstar Hotels as being very nice, they're not quite ski in ski out but they get fairly close and have swiming pools for their guests
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Does anyone know if much of Lech in Austria is open for the coming winter? Mostly great hotels there - Princess Di stayed on occasion, as do the Dutch royals. Last winter before the summer floods, Lech was beautiful........... Cool and the hotels exquisite.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Guvnor, Unparalleled luxury, but parallel skis sans doute Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Of course if you'd asked for chalets I would have suggested Descent International mind you they require seriously deep pockets to afford them
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Guvnor, plenty of top drawer hotels in Oberlech. Ski in Ski out. No cars. No roads in fact. I can highly recommend the Sonnenburg.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Guvnor, Salzburgerhof in Bad Gastein. Not ski in/out but near the lift. It's a spa town so you can be pampered when not on the slopes. The hotel has several restaurants (jacket and tie required). We're off this Christmas to be pampered.

http://www.salzburgerhof.com/
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If it's top drawer nosh that you want, Zermatt has to be the place. Not ski in ski out, but loads of alpine charm, some fantastic restaurants in town, and some of the best restaurants in the world on the mountain.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Courchevel 1850 would definitely get my vote - I seem to recall there being a number of top notch hotels right on the Jardin Alpin piste ( a green that runs down to town) - I'm sure any of these would more than fit the bill.

And for that added bit of exuberance arrange your own private flight into the Altiport (think I saw a thread on this last year - try a search).
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Another vote for Zermatt. The Guvnoress will love it, you can arrange fantastic lunchtime rendezvous via train and cable car as well.

There's a group of posh hotels where you can stay in one and dine in a different one each night. I'll have a look for the link .....

.... here you go, if it's serious poshness, these are the fellas, the restaurant thing is called the "dine around option" http://www.seilerhotels.ch/

I can but dream (wistful sigh) .....
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Guvnor, for ski-in/ski-out it's got to be the Byblos in Courchevel 1850, if a touch of gourmet eating is your style then the Albert Premier in Chamonix is a must.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
If luxury chalets are an option you are welcome to come to ours (discounts for snowheads). See www.skialacarte.co.uk for details. We can give our bedroom with en-suite jacuzzi bath and the food is to die for.......PM me if you are interested!
ski holidays
Guvnor, Try 'Hotel Arlberg' in Lech, Austria. We've been a few times - excellent service, food, comfort. Ask for a junior suite. It is a stones throw from the slopes. (It was good enough for the Royals)
ski holidays
Try the http://www.zuerserhof.at/ in Zurs , its superb !
ski holidays
Try the http://www.zuerserhof.at/ in Zurs , its superb !
ski holidays
I'd be more tempted by a luxury chalet - there are some fantastic ones out ther, and so much more intimate than a hotel - even the best hotels are always a little faceless...
snow report
Have already checked out Descent International, but didn't fancy bumping into Posh and Becks and having to make small talk over dinner

Am liking the look of the Zuershof though, so shall be getting busy on the phone tomorrow (first call to the good people at Barclaycard....)

The Kilimandjaro in Courchevel - it seems to ring some bells, but not necessarily good ones. Is that the place owned by some rich American dude? If so, I seem to recall some bad press about it locally.....could always be wrong though, and naturally I apologise and retract any insinuation or slur on his litiguous character if I am mistaken wink
snow report
Guvnor wrote:
The Kilimandjaro in Courchevel - it seems to ring some bells, but not necessarily good ones. Is that the place owned by some rich American dude? If so, I seem to recall some bad press about it locally.....could always be wrong though, and naturally I apologise and retract any insinuation or slur on his litiguous character if I am mistaken wink

He's a financier from Manchester I seem to recall (I think his name is Stanley Fink) and does/did have some entanglement with the financial authorities in the US. No idea if the hotel itself has had bad reviews, and regretably I can't speak of it from personal experience.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy