Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Custom Footbeds

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As a general rule of thumb, how long can you expect a pair of custom footbeds to last before they should be replaced?

cheers,

M
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Feet can change, if we'll made they can last forever, unlikely, get them changed with boots if they are lasting 5 years or more.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
^ that, my current pair have probably gone a couple of years, and still look almost new, prior to these I would get about a year out of them before they'd start to delaminate, my latest cork based ones were a little more but well worth it.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the replies. My current beds are in good condition in terms of appearance, but they are about 5 years old, and a previously comfortable pair of boots have just started to hurt on one of my ankle bones, so I'm wondering if a new pair of footbeds might help with the issue!

Feet changing was what I had in mind, but I also wondered how long footbeds tend to last before starting to flatten down and reduce in the amount of support they give.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mark2010, How many weeks a year do you ski ?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mark2010, Ankle bone pain usually liner that's shot, if it is a heated one give it a reheat.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Post us a picture of the footbeds, from behind the heel, forwards to the toes.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I 've just bought a new pair of boots and when checking the foot beds - they were perfect - I can't really see how they could delaminate unless you had a resally crap job done on them when they were made. Mine are custom fitted and 10 years old and they look like new. The bigger issue is whether your feet have changed in shape or size. My boots ( 10 years old 20 weeks) started to get unconfortable in the last 2 trips - turns out the liner had packed out and wasnt giving me sufficient support any more.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
marksovereign, delaminated=crap job...yes agree!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy