Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

summer ski courses in Hintertux?

Poster: A snowHead
I would like to do a some sort of summer ski course, but am mainly seeing them in Tignes, anyone know of any in Tux, or elsewhere in Austria? I was sure someone did one but am only seeing racing?

Cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you spot stuff, do post, as I'm wondering if I can get away with more skiing over summer...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I don't know of any but just posting to keep a link to the thread incase anyone else does
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
BASI are often there as are World Class Skiing (Alex Leaf and Co). I skied there all through last summer with an extremely patient instructor! She also tried to kick my backside when it came to fitness as well. We will do the same this coming Spring and summer - in June/July/August we throw the bikes in as well and cycle in the afternoon.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hmm I did think of BASI after I posted this, I would want it purely for the instruction and wouldn't probably be able to do the shadowing etc. after, would they be ok with this?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
lynseyf, I don't see why you couldn't do your L1 then not do the shadowing, but it would be a shame not to 'finish' the course....
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The L1 didn't run last summer, not enough people booked on it. Most people seem to take the snowdome option for that. People do take L1 though with no intention of finishing all the other elements to become qualified. It certainly helps your snowplowing wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Samerberg Sue wrote:
BASI are often there as are World Class Skiing (Alex Leaf and Co). I skied there all through last summer with an extremely patient instructor! She also tried to kick my backside when it came to fitness as well. We will do the same this coming Spring and summer - in June/July/August we throw the bikes in as well and cycle in the afternoon.

Alex Leaf is hilarious. Had great fun when he took a class I was in. Remarkably patient with a girl in our group who was ... frustrating.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kitenski wrote:
lynseyf, I don't see why you couldn't do your L1 then not do the shadowing, but it would be a shame not to 'finish' the course....

I'm living in Germany for the next year so not sure I would be able to find any BASI instructors near enough to do the shadowing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
lynseyf, It doesn't have to be BASI instructors. Much of my daughter's shadowing at our local dry slope was with guys who are CSIA qualified.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
lynseyf, there'll likely be Austrian Anwaerter courses running too (check the Tirolerskilehrerverband website) - no need for shadowing either.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
lynseyf, As Samerberg Sue, said, Alex Leaf of World Class Skiing does courses in Hintertux, though I don't know if he does stuff in summer. You could Google for Pete Gillespie and/or Andy Lockerbie. They also do courses.
If you do your BASI level 1 and are looking for a BASI instructor to shadow, I'm BASI qualified and teach skiing in Hochfügen, Zillertal.
There is an Austrian Anwärter course in July, 17th -27th.
Give me a shout if you're in the area.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
SaraJ wrote:
lynseyf, As Samerberg Sue, said, Alex Leaf of World Class Skiing does courses in Hintertux, though I don't know if he does stuff in summer. You could Google for Pete Gillespie and/or Andy Lockerbie. They also do courses.
If you do your BASI level 1 and are looking for a BASI instructor to shadow, I'm BASI qualified and teach skiing in Hochfügen, Zillertal.
There is an Austrian Anwärter course in July, 17th -27th.
Give me a shout if you're in the area.

Alex is on twitter. I'll ask him/point him here...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
lynseyf, Freddy Foxon now Fred Foxon give him a ring, does good courses in Hintertux and OP orientated stuff, my computer has gone pop google his details.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
thanks everyone, am really swaying towards the BASI L1 now as it's something I had fancied doing for a while now. Other instructors good recommendations though for the future.
snow report
lynseyf, Hi, we have courses out in tux end of May (25th for a week) www.petesilvergillespie.com

Pete
ski holidays
gilleski, Thanks but am back in Scotland for a mtb thing then unfortunately
ski holidays
have just booked the 5th August course in tux, anyone else going?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy