Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Father and son die in Mont Blanc area

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21820945

very very sad story. Sounds like a crazy sort of "hike" in winter though. Sad Poor kid.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Oh dear - how sad
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
why do people do stuff like this....

why didn't they just go skiing on the groomed piste or something, just heartbreaking.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well a hike a bit off the beaten track could be a great experience...... with a guide.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I assume he wasn't using enough common sense, as the article states it is a dangerous hike in the winter, but those are big words, who knows what the situation really was...

Maybe someone will pop along who has done this, and enlighten us..
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
People die in the Alps all year, as they do in other mountains, or even on the roads of the UK. If you're not prepared to take the potential consequences then you probably won't want to do potentially dangerous activities, like horse riding or driving or walking in the Alps in winter.

When I've been involved in rescues as a member of a rescue organization the reporting of them has been consistently poor. Journalists hardly get any of the facts right, and many times they seem to have their own opinion on how things were, irrespective of how they actually are.

I'd wait for the inquest to draw conclusions. The chances are that the journalists will have moved onto the next story well before then of course.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Apparently not properly equipped (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/9935658/British-man-and-12-year-old-son-found-dead-in-Alps.html)
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
philwig, wise words.

What a tragedy. The walk is just above where I live, but I have no idea what the conditions were like yesterday.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
philwig,

Agreed, but wear a helmet when you ski, or ride horses, wear a seat belt in the car, etc.

I'd just hate to think this could have been avoided with some common sense, especially for a 12 year old boy, who isn't expected to have discernment skill in this area.

jbob, Is it safe to walk in the winter? do people do that?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
HeidiAmsterdam, I do lots of walking around here winter and summer, I have only been up there in the summer, so don't feel qualified to comment.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
HeidiAmsterdam wrote:
philwig,

Agreed, but wear a helmet when you ski, or ride horses, wear a seat belt in the car, etc.

I'd just hate to think this could have been avoided with some common sense, especially for a 12 year old boy, who isn't expected to have discernment skill in this area.

jbob, Is it safe to walk in the winter? do people do that?

What a strange question.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I don't think it's a strange question. Thinking it's a strange question assumes the father knew he was being reckless with his life and that of his son and did it anyway. Personally, I'd hate to think that.

I'd rather think, the guy thought is was safe, for what reason, I don't know, but compare to folks go skiing off piste, because they see other people doing it, and then an avalanche happen... like that...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy