Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice needed on next pair of ski's.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys,
New to the forum and just took up skiing for the first time end of January and LOVE IT!!!
I've had 3 lessons now and can now complete red runs with minimal effort and parallel skiing.

Just want advice on wether I should be now looking for a different set of ski's to replace the Head beginner ones I have at the moment? And also what the next technique I should be looking to learn? As I said previously I am pole planting and parallel skiing at the moment.

Thanks for reading.

Regards

Steve
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Rossignol S3.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Ch20
Sorry for my ignorance but could you tell me what the difference will be compaired the the head ones I currently have?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Moefoe, Beginner skis are not really skis, they're long slippy things designed for you to get used to the swingweight and actions required to ski, now, before the marketing idiots get you and try sell you another thing that will need replacing in two weeks, buy a Rossi S3, ski it everywhere, everyway until it's dead, then you'll be rready for big off piste excursions that require wider and stiffer properties.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Unless you're anticipating doing a season, it might be a better idea to rent? Your skills are probably going to improve quite a bit over your next few weeks of skiing, and what you'll want out of a ski will change a wee bit too.

I use an S3 as my current "do everything" ski. It does the job pretty well. I've no idea if it would suit you, however wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy