Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serre Chevalier this Easter

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Posted a topic the other day looking for advice on ski away days accessible from Montgenevre.
Good suggestion made was Serre Che.
Assuming I get an early bus to SC, which stop would be best to start from? I see that the alternatives are Chantermerle, Villeneuve or Monetier.
Will be on my own and would like to make the most of the day. Any of you Serre Che experts able to suggest a rough itenary/suggestions that would enable such.
Any help much appreciated Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Will come back to you on that later today, just going out for first lifts as it's been snowing all night Smile

Daily blog back up and running here http://www.anotherharddayattheoffice.co.uk/2013serrecheblog.html

Would probably say get the bus all the way to Monetier and then spend the day skiing back to Briancon!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Weathercam wrote:
Will come back to you on that later today, just going out for first lifts as it's been snowing all night Smile

Daily blog back up and running here http://www.anotherharddayattheoffice.co.uk/2013serrecheblog.html

Would probably say get the bus all the way to Monetier and then spend the day skiing back to Briancon!

Congrats on your apartment purchase Weathercam! Good blog.
Have a great day on the slopes and look forward to hearing from you later.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Duke, we are out in Serre Chevalier right now. Loads of snow and it's been falling since yesterday evening.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I would probably get off the bus at Briancon, and use the itinerary on the piste map (if it is still there!) to get across to Monetier and back to Briancon. No reason why you can't go in both directions in the same day.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Only trouble about doing it out and back is what happens if the conditions are like today ?

Links were open in the morning but closed in the afternoon.

If you try and do out and back you end up just piste blasting, and all the time you're conscious of the time, so you can't relax and enjoy it, especially if you're not too sure of the route!

If you just go in one direction and if you do a run you like you can then go up and do it again, or variations off it, trees for instance.

Anyway my two cents worth.

And a good halfway stop off is the Station Bar at the bottom of Luc Alphand in Chantermerle.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Weathercam wrote:
Only trouble about doing it out and back is what happens if the conditions are like today ?

Links were open in the morning but closed in the afternoon.

If you try and do out and back you end up just piste blasting, and all the time you're conscious of the time, so you can't relax and enjoy it, especially if you're not too sure of the route!

If you just go in one direction and if you do a run you like you can then go up and do it again, or variations off it, trees for instance.

Anyway my two cents worth.

And a good halfway stop off is the Station Bar at the bottom of Luc Alphand in Chantermerle.

Thanks Weathercam and Hells Bells for your advice.
Not expecting a white out first week in April but who knows! I would as far as is possible, select a forecasted good day to make my way to SC.
If either of you guys are in SC that week. I will be the "punter" plonked in the middle of a busy intersection, studying my piste map Laughing (see the "what makes you look like a punter.....thread).

I can suss out when I am in France, but never been able to find/understand definitive bus timetables for Mg - Briancon - SC.

Cheers
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy