Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Montgenevre This Easter

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello Guys

As a lurker for a number of years and someone who has picked up some good advice on this site, I finally took the plunge and decided to join in the fun!
Going to Montgenevre this Easter as a solo skier, my seventh trip in the last 8 years (usually with mates). However this year I took my 12 year old daughter in Feb leaving me with the opportunity to throw another week in this season. Not easy to get to Montgenevre from Manchester solo and independently, at a reasonable cost, so my route this time is - Liverpool to Geneva (easyjet) - Geneva to Oulx (train) and finally bus/taxi/pickup for the final 12km.
The reason for my post is that skiing solo for the first time, and having spent most recent holidays in Mg, I am looking to push myself a little more this year and in search of a little variety. By that, it would be great to look at some away days at nearby resorts. Sestriere immediately springs to mind and I guess that that the kind of thing I am looking for is to share a taxi/minibus with like minded people to spread the cost etc. Of course you can ski from Mg to Sestriere, never done it. but I believe that it is a full day of getting there and back with time for a quick lunch. I would prefer to spend a full day actually sking the reds there.
Hope that makes sense. Anyone there that week? Any advice much appreciated.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There are apparently regular buses between Sauze D'Oulx and Clavier/Mongenevre (I am assured by the Neilson manager for the Turin area). I've not been provided with any details yet though, and I can only find old timetables on the interweb.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not sure about buses, the buses that do run have never appeared very regular to me. Might be worth contacting the tourist office for up to date details?

As for skiing across on the links, I would say it might take 2 hours to ski from Monty to Sestriere, so you would still have a bit of time to explore. I know school groups who have done it from Claviere, and they only had 5 hours total in ski school, and I have skied Sansicario to Monty in about 1 hour. Also, it is quicker to get the gondola down into Sestriere, or at the most, ski to the mid station and then download.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There are also now buses to briancon if you fancy trying serre chevalier
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks Guys.
As per my original post, I kind of do my schlepping around on planes , trains and automobiles getting to Mg in order to get to Mg. Once I get to Mg the laziness kicks in and I then wish to maximise my time on the slopes. That's why in an ideal world, the simplest way to do a day in Sestrierre would be, I think, to get a shared minibus/taxi in the morning and back after a full day skiing. I know a fair few people in Mg and fingers crossed might be able to organise such. Gerry at ski etoile (if you see this post), I will contact you separately to see if I can hook up with you on any of your trips that week March 30th - April 6.
Carettam - Last resort I would attempt to get to Sestrierre via an early start and lots of lifts etc.
Dr George- Got the bus to Briancon last year for the afternoon when we had a miserable weather day. Good shout. Never skied Serre Che before but heard decent reports. Again if I could arrange shared travel would certainly fancy a day there.
Musher - Are you heading to Mg. If you are then I'm sure you will have a fabulous time. Obviously I am a big fan of Mg. Not a resort that gets lot of publicity but it does a great job for me!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The Duke,

I'll be in Sauze that week
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
musher wrote:
The Duke,

I'll be in Sauze that week

Take it (and I shouldn't assume), that you might be part of the younger generation and enjoy the nightlife as well as the slopes.
Spent an afternoon in Sauze a good few few years back when I skied (well got the lift) across from Sestriere.

Enjoy!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Try Go Montgenevre http://www.go-montgenevre.com for a minibus to Serre Chevalier and / or Sestriere. They often run a weekly minibus to each resort.
Otherwise try ATC http://www.alpine-transfer-company.com who do the same thing.

Hope that helps. If not, ski to Sauze and Sestriere and take a bus to Briançon.
Very few buses run cross border, and don't get you near the slopes.

Gerry
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The Duke,

My kids are too young to be partying, and I'll be too exhausted after a day on the slopes. Quiet evenings in with a bottle of grapa are more my thing these days
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy