Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

WHEERE TO GO FROM GENEVA/BOARDERS/6 TH TO 9TH APRIL??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
HEY, PLEASE HELP.

I HAVE LITERALLY JUST BOOKED FLIGHTS TO GENEVA TO GO WITH PARTNER 6TH TO 9 TH APRIL. WE ARE BOTH BEG/INTER BOARDERS.

WAS THINKING MAYBE TIGNES, VAL D'ISERE OR VAL THORENS BUT GENUINELY OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS ?

HOPEFULLY NOT TO EXPENSIVE- CHEAP AND CHEARFUL ?

HAVENT GOT A CLUE ??

CHEERS
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jennijenjen, from Geneva I would look at Avoriaz/Morzine.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you wanted to save time and money and headache on transfers, you could consider a destination accessible by train, which opens up some possibilities in Swizterland. Villars comes to mind, or 4 Valleys, or the Jungfrau area, also easily and quickly reached by train is spectacular, like one of the two auto free villages of Wengen or Murren - ~magic~

But honestly, you could take a week or more to research some places, because it isn't terribly busy then, and depending on what the weather does, you may want to stay away from the lower altitude resorts, and some places are shutting down after Easter Monday. Having said that, everyone else thinks the same thing, and if the snow conditions hold out (and I'm thinking they will) you might could pick up some bargains on accommodations by waiting a week or so to book.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Flaine is worth a look - but stay up in Flaine itself, not down in one of the satellite places, though if the snow is still good they might still be fine. You will not find it terribly easy to get accommodation just for a few days - try the resorts' tourist offices.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pam w, I think at this time of year, and so close to departure, they are going to opening for short week stays....but pam w, may know better. Flaine could be interesting, for sure...and manageable
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
HeidiAmsterdam, never underestimate the propensity of French property owners to stick to Sat/Sat bookings through thick and thin. wink But a few calls to tourist offices should find something.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

HeidiAmsterdam, never underestimate the propensity of French property owners to stick to Sat/Sat bookings through thick and thin.

Don't say that! I'm hoping to book something for Fri 29th March - Thu 4th April by waiting until a few days beforehand...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
truffaut,

You could start looking early next week...I expect an onslaught of people booking last minute because the snow is plentiful, and it's still cold in outside the Alps, so people are still 'in the mood'...

I booked a week ago, and in the prime locations, pickins' were a bit slim, but PDS has a lot more accommodations than where I booked, my rough estimation is, about 50% of all beds are booked, or 50% of all beds are vacant...
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ok so I've kind of narrowed it down.. Charmonix or morzine is the question ??
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
jennijenjen, Welcome to snowHead 's
We can host you in our B&B in Morzine for those dates.
3 nights in a twin room for £240.
Can organise transfers for you.
Contact Nina via the site below if interested. Remind her you are from
snowHead 's.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

I expect an onslaught of people booking last minute because the snow is plentiful, and it's still cold in outside the Alps, so people are still 'in the mood'...

I visited Go Sport in Annemasse yesterday, after getting my veg and fruit in Migros, only to find they had no ski stuff at all. No hardware, no clothing, no nuffink. I kind of "need" a new jacket because although I have two, one of them bought in the Go Sport end of season sale several years ago, I am lending them to daughter and daughter in law at Easter. On the other hand I looked in Intersport in Les Saisies, on the way through, and found a great jacket. Degré 7, just the colours I'm looking for but was €495 euros and their "end of season promotion" hasn't even started yet. That's as much as I've spent on jackets and trousers in the last 12 years.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy