Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

w/c 6th April, France, snowsure & few queues - is this possible?

Poster: A snowHead
Our only remaining option for a week skiing this year is 6th April, the second week of holidays for most UK schools. We'd usually avoid school holidays, but have no choice, and at least the French schools won't be on holiday that week.

Our shortlist is Tignes, Val d'Isere, Les Arcs, La Plagne. We want to avoid queues, which would be the best bet? And have we missed anywhere that we should be considering? Looking for cruisy blues rather than challenges.

All advice gratefully received!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Val Thorens
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Does it have to be France? All those resorts should be ok at that time, we've skied Easter for years and its not ever been that busy.

La plagne or les arcs would be the best of those 4 for cruisy blues, Val d'isere greens are as steep as blues in other resorts.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I guess France is a lazy option, really! Have never skied elsewhere in Europe, so we feel comfortable with it. But certainly open to other suggestions.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Somewhere like lech in Austria would be ideal, much lower metre wise but more snow sure in my experience.......lots of lovely blues....
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Chamonix, Megeve, just about anywhere.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lech sounds lovely but it's very expensive! You shouldn't have problems with queues in France by 6 April - the majority of French skiers have given up before then and are polishing up their bikes. Tignes would be OK too - there's plenty of easier skiing. You should get some cheap last minute packages, too.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pam w, don't think lech is anymore expensive than Val disere or tignes based on my experience....
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kitenski, really? I tried to sort out a holiday there before we had the apartment but there was no cheap self-catering option and hotels were beyond the budget. Without a self-catering base or a catered chalet every snack and drink becomes very expensive for a family.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I wouldn't trust Megeve on the altitude... still don't know what the weather is going to do. I would be staying at 1750 meters or higher... we liked the 4 Valley's, and there is quite a bit of skiing about 1700 - some nice reds, not too hard coming down from about 2900....food prices weren't more than Megeve, although not all the quality was as nice France IMO

pam w, did you make it home all right?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
HeidiAmsterdam, op is looling for cruisy blues not nice reds!
Yes pam my stay for a family of 4 is cheaper/same as in stuben in a much nicer hotel than I was paying for an average but nice chalet in la Tania.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
+1 for Val Tho - Skied there last season at the end of April and it was decent, plus Tignes, Val d'Isere and some of Les Arc & le Plagne were still open.

Montgenevre is usually still open at that time and is normally a little less expensive than other French resorts as it's not as well known. James at http://www.go-montgenevre.com/ will be able to sort everything other than flights.

You might want to look at Austria, as per Kitenski. I've skied Obergurgl/Hochgurgl, Solden, Kuhtai and Obertauern in mid April and all are high enough to still have decentish conditions (at least as good as any of the French resorts).

This might just be my opinion, but I always think that the Austrian resorts look that bit nicer than any of the French ones I've skied...
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just booked a family deal in Peisey Nancroix, linked into Les Arc and at bottom of Vanoise so you could go across to La Plagne as well if you wanted. half board includes lift pass, free kids prices on accomodation, ski lessons and ski hire.....bargain at around £1000 for board and ski passes for the 4 of us. Snow looks great, and we have flex to go higher if we need to, but doubt we will, 30plus cm's due over the next few day. PM if you want some details.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
marco130274, sounds great, but for what dates????
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
sj1608: We've skied at Tignes every May day weekend for 6 or 7 years - and it's never let us down. You'd have no problems there a month earlier.

Last year we skied Ischgl and Soelden in Austria from 20th-24th April and had fantastic snow (2 days of powder in Soelden). With Austria being further east, in late season it seemingly has reliable snow to lower altitudes than France. We were skiing back to 1400m in Ischgl - although resort runs were closed in Soelden.
ski holidays
Marco130274 - I think I'm too new to be allowed to PM. Definitely interested, please can you PM me.
snow conditions
sj1608, no restrictions - just go to the top right-hand side of the page and click on "Send/Read Messages"
ski holidays
that sounds good at £1000, i dbe interested in that too please.

been looking at options for that very week myself juts lately but was trying to leave as late as poss to get the best deal and snow

PM me details,

Cheers
latest report
pam w, nothing wrong with bike polishing. Shiny.
snow conditions
stefoy4me,
Sorry for delay
We are staying at Hotel Chalet La Tarine, offer is on the following link.
http://www.hotel-peisey-vallandry.com/

Lift passes included, children are free with passes. Ski lessons 2 4 1.
The only bit that I've sorted direct myself I ski hire.
snow report
kitenski,
Sorry for delay Sunday to Sunday, but I think they would do sat sat...we are 7/4 for 7 days.

snow report
sj1608 wrote:
Marco130274 - I think I'm too new to be allowed to PM. Definitely interested, please can you PM me.

Sorry for delay

snow conditions
Where are you staying, Marco130274 ???
And what did you arrange about ski passes and ski hire?
ski holidays
Onnem,
Hi
Post above gives you the link for the Hotel...they organised the ski pass, and sent us the forms for ESF with the discount, ESF called me back to take the deposit. I organised the ski hire via snowbrainer.com

Pm if you need any further info.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy