Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Eurostar Night train to Bourg St Maurice - to do one day ski - any tips???

Poster: A snowHead
I am getting the night eurostar from London to Bourg st maurice tomorrow night (15 March). The train arrives in bourg st. maurice at 6:30am on Saturday. The plan is to spend the day on the slopes boarding, then to get the return Eurostar night train leaving at 10pm back to London on the Sunday morning.

Does anyone have any tips:
- what to do from 6:30am!!?? Places to get breakfast?
- places to store board bags?
- places to shower ?? (not essential)
- places to eat in bourg st. maurice before getting the train back.

Basically any tips are all welcome !! Thank YOU!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There may be some answers in this trip report
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=34681&
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thank you!! Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Breakfast/dinner at Bazoom across the road. Maccy D's if it really comes to it (might be the only option at 6:30am!).

Don't bring a board bag. Don't bring any bag. Therefore making showering pretty irrelevant too.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
heatherdaniels23, That's the link to my first trip report. I did it again the next year and there should be another report on here somewhere. If I didn't say it in the link, take a pillow!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
holidayloverxx, if you do have the report from a year later can you send it to me please - very useful information. sounds like you had a great trip.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Print a Samedi ski voucher before you go and get a day's skiing in Les Arcs for 22€ instead of 46€. Web address > samedijeskie.com/ No deals though if you want to do La Plagne as well.

Don't leave it too late to get to the station on the way back, can be queues getting through passport check and security at the station, but usually not so bad on the evening train.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
heatherdaniels23, had a look - it seems I didn't write a report for the second trip.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
holidayloverxx, probably too knackered wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
heatherdaniels23, Can I ask how much did you pay for train tickets?
I know there were deals years ago to do this for 99£ or similar. Is it still available or you had to pay full fare which I believe will be at least 160£ or more?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
holidayloverxx, would you do it again?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
pam w, Not now I have my own place. I can get to Salzburg very easily and cheaply so would opt for a long weekend these days, but if I didn't have that luxury then yes I would if the price was right. I felt it got too expensive after the 2 years I did it.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
If you can find a hotel for the night why not go back on the Sunday evening: French railways (with couchette if you want) then Eurostar from Paris.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
heatherdaniels23, just realised it is today you go. Let us know how you got on Very Happy
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
snowball, and it's a special deal that Eurostar puts on to fill the train
snow report
I'm wondering if the transfer from Eurostar to TGV in Paris, and from Bourg St Maurice to a resort by bus or coach makes the travelling a bit of an ordeal?
snow report
You get the funicular from Bourg station straight up the mountain onto the slopes - no coach transfer required.
snow conditions
You need to take the coach from BSM up to La Rosiere, the other side of the valley to Les Arcs! It goes from the bus station immediately outside the train station, runs regularly and is very cheap. Takes half an hour to an hour depending on traffic and weather!
ski holidays
capability, the deal that heatherdaniels23 is on is a straight through service then you just need the funi.
ski holidays
stevomcd, your recommendation of Bazoom was perfect. Allow you to store your board bag while you eat, and great food and wine. Thank you.
snow conditions
AndrewsPeppers, thank you for this! Worked a charm. Smile)))
snow conditions
Tom W, I heard about the £99 tickets but ours were £149.
latest report
heatherdaniels23, where did you see the offer advertised?
snow report
holidayloverxx, Tom W, pam w, snowball, capability, Jenniper, CaravanSkier,

Hi All,
Back from the trip. It was great. Knackering but was good fun.
Eurostar left on time on Friday night. Was relatively okay. It is broken sleep as you are in chairs. Pulled into Bourg St. Maurice at 6:30am.
Got changed and headed to the venicular. Got our ski passes and got the venicular up. Was on the slopes at 9am. Boarded till noon then stopped for mulled wine, beer and the biggest pizza ever. Promptly fell asleep in the sunshine for 1.5hrs!
Then back to boarding till 5pm. Back down the venicular, collected bags, changed and headed to Bazoom for a delicious meal before heading across the road to the train station and back onto the Eurostar. Upgraded for the trip back so got a good nights sleep.

Would I do it again? YES. I know what to expect, but thanks to all you guys a had an idea of what to do, where to go, which was so helpful.
I would perhaps do the night train next time to see what that is like and spend another day.

But one day on the slopes was well worth it.
Thanks to everyone for your advice, was greatly appreciated.

Heather
snow conditions
kat.ryb, eurostar website and off this blog: http://loco2.com/blog/
snow report
heatherdaniels23, Thanks for feedback Wink
ski holidays
heatherdaniels23, I wouldn't bother with the Paris <-> BStM night train. I've done it a couple of times, it ain't cheap and unless you book an entire 6 couchette cabin you can still get woken up by people moving around in the cabin you get assigned. Worst for me was a north african family that decided it was OK to cram 2 x adult and four kids + two tons of luggage into the remaining four berths THEN decided that sleeping was optional and proceeded to eat and talk on and off in mangled arabic for the next five hours. Also for me the sleeper cabins are just waaaaaaay too hot so I end up dying of heat exposure as well.

Whilst I think Bazoom is OK if you head uphill from there and take the first road on the right, about half way up is a pizza place which plays some decent music and serves really great pizza and other local dishes - I think it's much better.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy