Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zai - laisa

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I just want to try these, so the question is, where?

does anyone know a freind of a friend who has tried them? mostly just interested, I am not rich enough to buy a pair!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wait 4,000 Euro, probably need to rent some bogner gear before they'll let me near them!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jennewein in St Anton stock Zai skis, no idea if they have any demos though.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
"Nano high-speed racing surfacing" you always know someone is talking b0llocks about a consumer product whenever the phrase 'nano' is thrown into the conversation. I mean really, what's the point. If they gave any kind of benefit then they'd be on the world cup circuit. They aren't and the skis don't do squat that a ski a quarter of the price can do. They are simply a conspicuous consumption product soyou can match your over priced golf cubs..
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
you should try out their limited edition Bentley skis then....
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
RattytheSnowRat wrote:
If they gave any kind of benefit then they'd be on the world cup circuit.

They might well be... what's the particle size of the graphite component of graphite impregnanted ski bases? Could reasonably be submicron after all.

The bollocks may merely be in the undue emphasis on something that is a common feature commanding a modest price premium, as if to suggest that it is state of the art technology that totally justifies its price tag.

Carradan, now... their marketers knew how to spout the most implausible crap to hype their products. None of this 'nano' nonsense. Why, I'll bet Zai cores are made from trees all grown in the same hemisphere. Pfft.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not the Spada, that has a stone core
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
... nano is B0ll0x... etc, etc etc

Quote:

If they gave any kind of benefit then they'd be on the world cup circuit.

HAHA zai wins again:

For the very first time and unique to date carbon nanotubes are used in ski construction.

Zai is chosen as official ski of the Fis World Alpine Ski Championships 2011 in Garmisch-Partenkirchen.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
"2007 For the very first time and unique to date carbon nanotubes are used in ski construction."

Why use it? I mean, you can use diamonds and uranium but it isn't going to help the construction of the ski, is it?

"2011 Zai is chosen as official ski of the Fis World Alpine Ski Championships 2011 in Garmisch-Partenkirchen."

That's sponsorship - bung them enough money and they'll make a foam core ski star for the proceedings.

They may be buying a product that has been constructed using nanotech and using it to build a ski but so what, anyone can buy such stuff. The issue is whether it actually is a better material than bog standard p-tex for the purpose. If the pores are smaller then it actually might be a worse material for a number of reasons.

Has anyone actually won a serious race using these skis?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy