Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva motor show madness

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just back from a wonderful week in Les Gets (rain on the Friday not withstanding!), somewhat spoilt by a 3 hour journey to the airport and associated panic for flight. Even the tour operator hadn't allowed that much time.

We'd like to go back around the same time next year, so I'm trying to understand a bit more about the congestion issue. Does anyone know if it tends to be worst on the first weekend or the second weekend? And is any time of day particularly bad? The operator we go with does transfers at various times of day so we can book flights to avoid peak motor show times if we know the low down.

Thanks in advance!
Sophie
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
swoafs, avoid French school holidays if you can. Problem sorted.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My experience of the last few years is the show is busy for the whole two weeks - factor in the "car of the year" announcement too on Monday, then the Tuesday and Wednesday presse days (Comedy Goldsmith moment: the fizz was of a far higher quality on Tuesday) because of the manufacturers own corporate shuttle buses. However flying in on Monday afternoon and out Wednesday night was pretty painless, and the trolley buses/trams across town were pretty much on time (when you fund yourself you stay WAY out of town....).

I'd keep an eye on the "Salon" website, though the date is usually static.

http://www.salon-auto.ch/en/
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Met Boris of London one year coming back from there; easyJet without even speedy boarding queuing up with the proles.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It is worse on Sat/Sun. First and second weekends seem about the same. It's when people have the time off.
It is worse from about 08.30 through the morning. Then can get bad again when everyone is throwing out in the evening going through Geneva center.

Last Saturday was worse than I have seen it before and seemed to go on longer than usual.
Problem is everyone wants to try and park at the airport instead of the park and ride's provided.
So the security checks back it up, and on Saturday it went back onto the autoroute and that clogged up for miles, back to the border.
On press day people were walking along the hard shoulder to cross the footbridge to make checkin.

Lets hope they improve it this weekend !!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Wife and friend meet the lad Mike Brewer from Wheeler Dealears on the hill last week taking a break from the motor show. He was hanging by his own admission he had been on the beer for 4 days at the show and went skiing to get a break from it Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy