Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing insurance for holiday home owners

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am a very lucky girl and this season have taken ownership of a small ski pad in La Plagne. Going out for Easter with the kids and been checking the small print of my annual travel insurance. It covers me for ski accidents on a PAID holiday, so therefore not covered. I know I can buy insurance with my lift pass in La Plagne, but understand this gets you off the slope and in to a French hospital. What if you need medical assistance to get you back to the UK ??
Does anyone have experience / can suggest an insurer that caters for this niche ?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Presumably you are still paying for all the other parts of the holiday - I would check with your existing insurers first. Welcome to snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'd be surprised your current policy doesn't cover you. Just give the insurer a ring and be honest with them. Sounds like you are just on a holiday that you are paying for, it's not like you say you are resident or away for an extended time. Try http://aacuk.org.uk/p-benefits - cheap and offers Repatriation Insurance, liability and rescue, take EHIRC card thingy for health cover.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dounegardens, who are you insured with? All aspects of your holiday except your accommodation are paid for. I had to claim when hubby had an accident. We are also second home owners but insurers only queried the lack of an invoice for the accommodation. When I explained, they still processed the claim. I'd check with your insurer first before taking out another policy. If you od need more cover Direct Travel are still good value for a single trip.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
IIRC the ski insurance you buy with your lift pass will cover repatriation but will only cover you on the piste, if you fall down on the ice collecting the bread in the morning you may not be covered. I wonder what the point of travel insurance is sometimes, especially when they add small print that gets to the point of saying "we actually will not insure you"

I also own my own apartment and had a skiing accident, the insurance company paid up without asking anything about invoices for travel etc. As far as I am aware my current company , snowcard, doesn't have any such clauses apart from a limit to the trip duration.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for your replies. I have phoned my insurer, COSMOS. We are indeed covered as although we are not paying for accommodation we are paying for the other aspects of the holiday, ie. flights and car hire.
Its all at the forefront of my mind as my mother had a ski fall on Monday in Austria. She was airlifted off the piste with a broken hip. Shes in a nice hospital in Zams with a new hip joint and will be repatriated, business class(for comfort) after 12 days. A lot of this is luck ...I dont think you know how good your insurance is, until you have to make a claim!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy