Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Daily rates for ski instruction in France

Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking for recommendations for ski instructors or ski schools in France that offer daily ski instruction rates as opposed to scheduled courses. I ask because I am hoping to get a couple weekend trips in this winter, specifically to get ski instruction, over and above my usual week long trips.

Any recommendations or advice appreciated?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Do you want a guide or an instructor? A day-long private lesson sounds very intense. I would have thought that a couple of hours of private lesson would have been sufficient, or a morning/full day of guiding service.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rob@rar.org.uk, perhaps two mornings worth of private instruction (not guiding) - 2 hrs each.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hornster, to give you an idea of likely price range, easiski charges 80 Euro for two hours (which I think is terrific value) and New Generation charge 149 Euro (which I think is too expensive). My guess is that the majority of good quality instructors will fall somewhere within that range.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rob@rar.org.uk, Cheers. Would ESF be at a similar range you reckon?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hornster, ESF in Arc 1800 charge 110 Euro.
snow report
 brian
brian
Hornster, http://www.skisurf360.com/ in Les Gets comes very highly recommended by eEvans at €32 per hour. They normally do private lessons at lunchtime, 12-2, between their morning and afternoon group lessons.

I've booked 10 hours for various family members with them in February, so I'll report back later ....
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rob@rar.org.uk wrote:

You would pay about half that in a smaller resort.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hornster, ESF in La Rosiere charge 57 to 68 Euros for a 2 hr private lesson, davidof is spot on.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hornster, I would definitely NOT recommend a whole day - you'll be paying someone to watch you practise, and lots of ski schools will happily take your money anyway. A two hour lesson would be enough each time, then spend the rest of the time practising the exercises you've been shown. Be warned - most ski schools will not take private lessons in the morning as it's the most popular time for group lessons which are much more profitable. There are some loonies like me of course ....

Be sure that you specify what you want, and that they know you'll be back - that will help a lot. snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
easiski, Interestingly ( and not wishing to contradict a professional wink) , there are a number of French ski schools who make less out of 'group' lessons than private , however the ones that I am referring to didn't realise that rolling eyes so no great surprise there.

This is primarily due to their using 2 peeps per group for groups of 7+ ..., the other unsurprising thing is that they believed they would make more money.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hornster, ESF in ADH do a 3 morning lesson for up to 4 people for 130 euros (same for a one to one).

Theres another independant guy call Sebastian Ballereau who because he is an independant can accommodate most requests. For 2 hrs one to one in the am its 100 euros.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rob@rar.org.uk wrote:

That varies a bit. Rates can be a bit more in school holiday periods as well, depending on the resort.

ESI (Arc Aventures) at Arc 1800 charge 74€ for two hours between 1200 and 1400 hrs, otherwise it's 85€ at other times of day.

ESF Arc 1800 charge 72€ for a couple of hours private lesson - but lunchtimes only.

A couple of hours at Arc 1600 is 76€ and I don't think it matters about the time of day - same rate up at Arc 2000.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Which all goes to show how expensive the majority of British Ski Schools really are. Shock
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
sarah@alpedhuez, Three of us had a lesson from ESF there - think it was with Laurie. Very good half day and well worth it.
latest report
Is Laurie very tall with long blond hair (and if so did this help??!)
snow report
sarah@alpedhuez, Don't think that she was that tall... she did have longish fair hair though, she also didn't mind when I skied down the slope and got all my turns right, then tripped over my own skis when stopping, fell and nearly knocked her over Embarassed
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy