Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Friend in Morzine - sadly her case isn't - any help appreciated

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, best friend arrived in Geneva via BA on Sunday, but her case didn't and still hasn't arrived. Not a great start to her holiday.
Luckily she had her boots and most of her ski gear in her boot bag but has nothing much with her other than the clothes she travelled in. She has bought some essential toiletries but needs some cheap non skiing clothes, as her travel companions are either a different size and or gender. Any suggestions on where she could get a few bits, just tops and a pair of jeans or similar to see her through??
Also does anybody who goes to Geneva regularly know if there is a massive lost luggage section that her case could just be sat in? Past experience another friend was reunited with her case 4 days into her holiday and from the paperwork it turned out it had arrived at her destination the day after she did but was just left for a few days.
Any help would be appreciated, want to try and not let it ruins her holiday.
Thanks in advance.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi, that is very annoying! Can't help with clothes I'm afraid. Regarding the lost case she would have had to fill in a PIR form at the airport. BA's handling agent in Geneva is DNATA. They are responsible to let your friend know when her case turns up. If there is time they do send it to the provided address so it wouldn't just sit at the airport. She should have been given a tracking number that she can keep checking on http://www.dnata.ch/. But from experience they do get in touch as soon as they have the case.
Her travel insurance should cover her for getting some clothes though?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
George06, probably the large Carrefour at St Jean d'Aulps would have a few cheap bits and pieces. But perhaps you don't have a car?? What bad luck - so sorry for her. When we have had friends arrive here without a bag or skis they usually do turn up and get delivered to the door pretty damn fast - like the next day.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the responses, they are staying in the centre of Morzine so don't have a car. She has filled in all the relevant forms and let her insurance know and is watching the tracking this so has done as much as she can.
I was just trying to see if there was anything else I could do for her, such a shame to have a long awaited holiday spoilt by this.
I think everyone will be splitting cases after this!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If she catches the bus to Les Gets there's a shop that sells some pretty cheap non skiing clothes (sorry, don't have a clue if there is one in Morzine, there probably is) pretty well opposite Berthet Sports on the Rue du Centre
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Generally speaking we have always got our lost cases within a day or two after arriving in GVA, but then we live reasonably close to the airport. That said I guess it depends on what happened to the case.....on a trip to Japan a friend's case finally turned up after two weeks after they found it eventually still sitting in Heathrow.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
George06, most biggish supermarkets have cheap tops and jeans. Her insurance will cover some purchases so as long as she doesn't go mad, why not just buy some in Morzine? There must be heaps of shops - I can think of 3 off the top of my head, in much-smaller Les Saisies. Intersport, for one, have some very nice clothes.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Gosh, you wouldn't have to drag me shopping...just sayin'.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
She can get the ballad d'aulps bus to Carrefour
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If any form of TO was involved hourly rants at the manager, they always say they are unable to do anything but as I explain it makes me feel better, oddly after rants begin gear usually turns up next day.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Another vote for Carrefour St Jean d'Aulps and there are plenty of shops in Morzine where you could pick up a few bits of casual clothing.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Her insurers (or the airline) should pay for anything that your friend needs until her case turns up regardless of cost........ was it Megeve they went to and was her Prada in the Bag which they needed for a dinner on Monday night? Wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks all, she has got what she can manage with now and trying to not let it spoil things (I think toffee vodka is numbing the pain)!

DIY trip so no tour operator to rant at sadly.

I guess its something I won't take for granted in the future, and will be making sure some of my stuff goes in hubby's case for our trip next month.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Www.globalbagtag.com pm me her address and I will send her some freebies, bit late for this time but may help in future.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy