Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Why can't I keep my legs together?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
jimmer, I agree you can get big angles in powder if you have the skill set to do so. But for your average holiday skier and in relation to the OP's question I think that keeping the mass above the feet will benefit them.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Stronger aductor muscles may help.
These are the inner thigh muscles that are used to pull the legs back under the body. Exercise machines in gyms can be used but there is a very simple exercise that one can do at home, and which I use - in fact the only specific exercise on a muscle group that I do for skiing.
Stand on a bath mat on a slippery surface - tiles, varnished wood etc. Place feet at ends of bath mat. Slowly pull feet back underneath body, bath mat sliding over floor. Try not to pull one foot and then the other - which will probably happen at first - but both at the same time and speed. 10 reps to start with and then I do 15 reps. Or socks on slippery floor, but start at bath mat distance. Dry bath mat slips easier than damp one!
Aductor muscles are also the ones you use to recover when it all goes wrong and legs are going in all directions.
Off piste I try to treat both skis as a single platform evenly weighted and moving together, but it takes constant adjustment using aductors to keep feet together and top thigh muscles to keep even weighting - so thigh burn after a good number of turns.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
davidof wrote:

yes about 30 mm between skis

Yep, 30mm that's me Cool
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Lofoten shots in the Aksel free-ski video are awe-inspiring. Makes me want to go there, if not to jump off cliffs.

Going back to the Warren smith video - when he's doing his "spinning" are his skis flat to the snow throughout, or is doing a rather subtle edge-change?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
colinstone, discovered that plain bathmats slip better than the ones with the rubber on the back! Shocked

Thanks for all suggestions! Off on Sunday morning.

V
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Violette, I'm off to the Dolomites on Sunday too. I'll look out for the woman with the perfectly aligned skis! snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Iski, And the violet-coloured ski clothes! Well, somewhere between that and lavender. snowHead

Ooh - I'm a snowhead!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Violette wrote:
colinstone, discovered that plain bathmats slip better than the ones with the rubber on the back! Shocked

Thanks for all suggestions! Off on Sunday morning.

V

Turn the bathmat wrongside up, or use a towel rolling eyes
wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Following on from the 'all tackle, no talent' thread on the equipment forum has anyone else tried out different materials for the abductor exercises...............?

I find my running leggings work best Embarassed
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
MeMyselfandI, weren't they adductor exercises. Legs coming together.....(the abductors are the ones that push them apart....)
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pam w, 'all of the low friction materials, none of the anatomical knowledge'
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
MeMyselfandI, Laughing
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy