Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Driving from La Tania to Klosters ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Well, I am asking a question for a change!!!

We are driving over from La Tania (3 valleys France) to Klosters on Saturday 23rd March, It is many years since I drove in Switzerland, and was wondering if any SH's could help me out?

My sat nav thingy says its going to take 6 hrs, and its is auto routes all the way, I have a doffer for the French auto routes so thats no problem, but trying to work out the tolls in Switzerland is fun, is it just pop your credit card into the toll booths?

Also do I need a disc to drive on the Swiss auto routes, last time I was there was 1997 and didn't have one then.

Any help much appreciated.

Oh and PS the Klosters thing is an old mate who is putting us up so no "well thats a bit posh" comments its not costing me anything Toofy Grin
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
livetoski, you need a vignette to stick on your windscreen for the swiss motorways, 40 CHF at the border points, AFAIK there are no other tolls to pay, I've never paid any others anyway.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sarah, thanks, if there is no tolls on the Swiss side that sort of explains why my sat nav search was not showing toll fees rolling eyes

Is the 40CHF cash only or can we card it?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
livetoski, not sure about cards, I've only ever bought one in advance and had it posted or handed over cash to the man at the border. I can't imagine they wouldn't take cards but you never know!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
At Bardonnex (from Chamonix - Geneva) there's a booth, so you can go in and pay. I have a feeling the chaps take cards too - the Swiss are generally not short of ways to relieve you of your hard-earned. wink There are no other tolls (and the vignette includes some, not all, the Alpine tunnels).
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
livetoski, it is possible to pay for the vignette by card.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy